Transfer School

Who will You Choose?

IU - Good Day

In a small apartment that you had just moved into, you were busily unloading your things from the boxes. You hummed while arranging your things in each room. As soon as you were done with cleaning and arranging, you slumped yourself on your comfy bed. You grabbed your phone and looked through your social media. You scrolled down until your eyes were fixed on one news. You quickly sat up and clicked on the news. As you were reading the article, you gasped while covering your mouth. 

"...It can't be...," You muttered to yourself.

You closed the article and looked for his contact to confirm the news. You quickly called his number which you thought he kept the same number but there were no answer. You called several times but still to no avail.

You turned your head to your childhood photo and said with a disappointed look, "I hope it's not true..."

***************

The following day, you got ready for a brand new day of school. You had mixed emotions - nervous and excited of your new school. You stood in front of the mirror and touched up your face and hair. 

'Everything looks okay..," You smiled to yourself and grabbed your bag.

You then drank a glass of orange juice and quickly exited the apartment. You walked down the busy street and tried to familiarise the place so as not to get lost. You stopped at a bus stop that led to your new school. You remembered the bus number and waited patiently. You took out your phone and plugged in your earphones to listen to your favourite songs. Soon, the bus arrived and you boarded the bus. As the bus was packed with commuters, you had to stand and hold onto the handrail. It was a smooth ride at first but suddenly the bus jerked unexpectedly. You lost your balance and was about to fall back when someone steadied your body with one of his arm holding your back. You were surprised by the touch and did not dare to look who was behind you as you were too embarrassed. You quickly apologized by what happened and looked to the front. The guy behind you saw your flushed look and saw a glimpse of your face. Before he could say anything, the bus driver apologized to the passengers and continued the journey. Meanwhile you looked to the window and it seemed like you were nearing your destination. You decided to press the bell near you when you noticed someone had pressed the bell before her. 

The bus stopped smoothly and you and some of the passengers alighted the bus. You walked a few steps and saw a wide entrance of the school. You took a deep breath to calm your fast beating heart. 

"Jieun..you can do this. It is just a school...(look at the students entering the gate of the school)Let's do this..," You tried to encourage yourself.

What you did not notice was the same guy who had helped you earlier on, quietly chuckling at your self-encouragement. He walked the same way as you as he wore the same uniform as you.