⭍  manual.

 ˗ˏˋ  HIGH!VOLTAGE  ⭍  recruiting.
e00a2cd8e07707a5f6c348cbf5147716cab4832d.png
about. the story will revolve around a group of girls who debut under a newly-formed company, kjs entertainment, which has no former groups or soloist promoting under the same brand. the founder and current ceo of the company, kim jeonsik, decided that the idol industry would be more lucrative than the automobile industry and switched impulsively. the company was formed in november 2018 and that was when he began recruiting girls before settling on a group of 6 girls and debuting them under a group called voltage. i plan to touch on the darker aspects of the industry — exploitation, bribery, misogyny, mental health and everything (or, at least, i will try) that is usually swept under the rug. everything with trigger warnings will be mentioned in each chapter. the story will start in early 2020 and the girls will make their debut on 8 june, 2020. i will try to make this light-hearted sometimes but don't expect that too much.
 
the girls. 
— the age range for the girls would be between 1995-2001. please don't go under younger or older than that. the story will be rather dark so i would prefer that your character isn't too young. ethnicity and appearance-wise, do note that kjs entertainment is a brand new company and might not be entirely able to recruit foreigners so if your character isn't a korean (or at least half-korean), please explain why your character decided to join kjs entertainment. i imagine most of the girls to be scouted since kjs doesn't have any prestige. of course, there would be those who auditioned as well. i'll explain more about the training period later on.
— personality wise, i really don't mind what kind of person your character is. as long as you explain her well enough for me to understand her, that's good enough for me. background should be explained enough for me to know any significant events that impacted her life and also should roughly touch on her parents' opinons on her becoming an idol and whether they support it or not if this isn't mentioned in the background, it has to be mentioned elsewhere in the application. if she just breezed through life with no worries do let me know that too. and lastly the trivia section is really self explanatory: any small habits, hobbies, things your character likes and dislikes and anything in between. for the relationship and love interest section, i'll leave it up to you to include whoever you want to include in your character's life in the story. love interests are totally optional and all ualities are welcomed.
 
voltage. 
— the number of girls in voltage is still undecided and it will depend on how many applications i get by the time i close the story. but 6 would be the ideal number especially since kjs entertainment isn't that big.
— as mentioned above, the company started recruiting and opening auditions in november 2018 and it closed a week before voltage's debut. this means your character could have either trained for approximately 2 years (nov'18 - jun'20)  or a week (1 jun 20 - 7 jun 20) in kjs entertainment. if your character had previously trained under a different company that would increase the training period.
— voltage's concept will be very fluid and since kim jeonsik is money hungry he will usually gravitate towards concepts that will get the most attention. the password is a song that your character would want to perform on stage. their creative freedom will definitely be limited and controlled.
— the lineup of voltage would also change drastically up until their official debut. jeonsik handpicked the members he thought would do best and when voltage debuted, he told the remaining trainees to leave the company because he didn't want to fund their training anymore. you can definitely make up the other trainees that didn't make it and include them in your app as well. 
— i'll decide the leader, visual, fotg, centre, main and lead roles after the lineup has been revealed. but do remember (again) that kjs entertainment is new and they definitely will not be able to recruit extremely talented singers so if your talent twin is kim taeyeon with dance twin being chungha please check yourself again. unless you have a reason for her talent, please don't go overboard with this. i will still appreciate your character if she is an all-rounder or if she's literally only good at one thing and is luckluster at the rest.
— if you have anything else you want to know about voltage please let me know and i'll try my best to answer you.
 
others. 
—  you definitely do not need to follow any of these ideas but here are just some that i thought of.
⭍  a character that has auditioned or trained at several companies only to be rejected or failed to debut in a group. her last choice was kjs entertainment.
⭍  kim jeonsik's niece or just someone related to him or maybe someone related to another member of the staff?
⭍  a character who really likes to choreograph/ produce music
⭍  someone who wears rose-tinted glasses and thinks that she will get famous no matter what/ believes that the 'dark side' of kpop is normal and that things will get better.
⭍  a character who is really pretty and because of that she's been labelled as 'jeonsik's favourite' who will definitely debut no matter what.
⭍  someone with an idol sibling perhaps?
⭍  someone who thought that kjs would be an easy way into the idol industry because she wants to meet other idols.
—  using face claims from pristin, dreamcatcher, loona and gfriend would be 10/10 but honestly anyone would probably fit the image of voltage
—  i won't be applying but i will have who are the current staff in kjs entertainment, their roles and what they are like as people. it is not compulsory to include them in your application but it would be good to include kim jeonsik inside since he would be heavily involved in the company.
—  i'll just leave my final notes here but thank you for making it all the way to the end of this! i've been thinking of doing a dark-themed story so i decided to do an idol!au. the idol world is just always so interesting to me and i have so many opinions about it so i will express them though the form of these girls. this story was mildly inspired by the k-pop group stellar and all the terrible things they had to go through. so i'm going to leave it at that and i hope to see your application 
 
questions and answers. 
—  how many times can we apply?
⭍  you can apply as many times as you like! however, if chosen, i will probably only pick one of your characters.
7b2a9774e8a79afa7aedf42404a083b6.jpg
d2bea54b5244d167d739c181043ab810.png
 
tumblr_o5ctct1y2P1rr9gxpo6_500.jpg
selfless © cruxblader themes 2018