Chapter 2 : Last

Then came you

Summary:

Byun Baekhyun's lover was a rainbow with a few colors that came and went every now and then.

 

Park Chanyeol was Pink. When they first met, all he talked about were his dreams. There was a difference between Park Chanyeol and Pink, though. Park Chanyeol let Baekhyun talk about his dreams, too.

"I'd really like to be, like, an architect or something. The thought of designing a building has always been really, really cool to me." Chanyeol said, taking a sip of his coffee. "For now, though, I'm working as a professor up in our old school. It's pretty cool."

"That is pretty cool." Baekhyun agreed, a smile adorning his lips. "I've always wanted to be a singer, but I never felt like I could make it that far. So I became a lawyer, which is the second best thing."

"What? Byun Baekhyun, a pretty boy like you should not go for second best." Chanyeol said. "I bet you could be a singer if you tried.... Sing some for me?"

So Baekhyun sang something, and Chanyeol literally applauded. "Baekhyun! Your voice is outstanding! How long have you wanted to be a singer?"

"Since I was young. I started singing a six or seven years, and I realized I wanted to be a singer when I was thirteen.... When did you decide you wanted to be an architect?"

"When I was through my first year of college- which had taught me nothing I would need to know to be an architect, mind you." Chanyeol chuckled. "So I dropped out, came back, and now I'm headed for my dream job."

"That's amazing."

"What about you, Baek? You should definitely do something on the path of singing."

"Like what?"

"Like anything. Post some videos on the internet; you'd be found in an instant, I assure you."

"I don't know."

"Please? I quit college then came back to be an architect. Posting a video or two won't hurt you."

"I'll think about it."

"Good boy."

 


Park Chanyeol was Black. When they began dating, Chanyeol clung to Baekhyun like a sloth clings to a tree. However, Chanyeol explained that he had a... problem, if Baekhyun would call it that.

"Chanyeol, I'm just going to my friend's house! I promise I'll be right back."

"But I-I-"

"Chanyeol, stop. I haven't seen my friends in forever because you're always, always holding me down.... Chanyeol, I think I want to break up. I can't-"

Chanyeol didn't let him finish. He pulled Baekhyun into a tight hug and sealed their lips in an even tighter kiss. He kissed Baekhyun until both of them were short of breath and were forced to break apart if they wanted to live.

"I'm sorry." Chanyeol muttered. He was engulfing Baekhyun in a tight hug, his shoulders hunched up into Baekhyun's. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm so with losing people. But I trust you. I trust you. I'm sorry."

After that, Chanyeol stopped clinging. The only thing he did, which didn't actually bother Baekhyun, was kiss him hard and hug him tight before he went anywhere.

 


Park Chanyeol was Red, but to a lesser extent than Red was.

"Hey, babe."

Baekhyun turned, expecting Chanyeol to be there with his drink. The man he faced now had a drink for him, but he wasn't Chanyeol. He had a wide, uncomfortable smile and a raised eyebrow. He shoved the drink in Baekhyun's hand and leaned against the counter.

"Uh, h-hello."

"It's odd to see such a pretty boy in a club like this." The man said. He placed his hand on Baekhyun's knee and began to move it up Baekhyun's thigh. "How about I take you somewhere a little cleaner.... A little more private?"

"Uh-"

"Hello," A voice behind Baekhyun said. Baekhyun turned to see Chanyeol standing there, an all-but-friendly smile on his face. His arm pulled back then flew forward, punching the man in the face. He took the drink from Baekhyun's hand, muttered, "This is probably drugged," and grabbed Baekhyun's hand, dragging him from the club.

Chanyeol didn't let Baekhyun go to any clubs after that night, but it didn't matter. Baekhyun was willing to give up clubs for Chanyeol; he didn't enjoy going to them much, anyway, especially not with men like that prowling around.

 


Park Chanyeol was Orange. When Baekhyun was found, having posted a few videos of him singing, and offered to be a trainee for at least four months in a far away place, Chanyeol was the one to help Baekhyun pack his bags. He was the one to pull money out of his own bank account despite the fact that Baekhyun was the one with money. He rented a house for up to eight months, and he even found himself a job in the new area to support Baekhyun while he was training. He did the same things Orange did: ed tension out of his body, held his hand when Baekhyun was stressed, kissed his neck and treated him to dinner even though Baekhyun was his hyung, and made him coffee in the morning. When the four months of training was up, Baekhyun actually got paid, and he was into super stardom.

 


Park Chanyeol was Grey for a short time after his mother died. Baekhyun wasn't around all that much to help him out, but when he was, he made sure to tuck Chanyeol into bed, turn on the television, make him hot drinks, and do everything he could to get Chanyeol back to the happy, loving person he always was. He lasted six months, the same time as Grey did, but Baekhyun never kicked him out. Because after that six months, Chanyeol was smiling, laughing, and constantly apologizing to Baekhyun for being so lifeless and not loving him properly. Baekhyun always shut him up with kisses and told him it was okay, that Chanyeol needed that time to shut down. Eventually, Chanyeol agreed, but he spent six months loving Baekhyun twice as hard.

 


Park Chanyeol was Yellow. He was always Yellow. He cracked a joke every chance he got. When Baekhyun performed, Chanyeol was on the phone after his concert, congratulating him and making him laugh. Before a concert, Chanyeol took away his nerves by pulling giggles and chuckles from his throat. When he was on vocal rest, Chanyeol didn't make him laugh, but he did fill the silence with "I love you,"'s and stories about his day. Chanyeol had found a job that he's always wanted; he was an architect, and he was designing the house he and Baekhyun would create a family in.

 


Park Chanyeol was Blue. When Baekhyun was gone, he took care of himself, the house, and everything else that needed attended to. When Baekhyun was back, he wasn't that Blue. He let Baekhyun treat him to dinner, let himself be the girl of their relationship sometimes because it made Baekhyun happy and that's all he really wanted anyway.

 


Park Chanyeol was Purple. He bought things for the house that he knew Baekhyun would like. He bought dinner sometimes so Baekhyun didn't have to make it when he came home from a hard day of training. When he proposed to Baekhyun, he made sure he bought the most expensive ring he could find that he knew Baekhyun would love. And Baekhyun did love it.

 


Park Chanyeol was White. He didn't cook, but he cleaned. On their wedding day, he made love to Baekhyun instead of ing him like he usually did. He wasn't poor like White was, but he also didn't take complete advantage of his money like White. Chanyeol made a bank account for their future child's college fund, and he spent a lot of money building his and Baekhyun's dream house. It wasn't huge, but it was big enough for him, Baekhyun, and however many children they were going to adopt.

 


Park Chanyeol was Green. He designed buildings that made him famous for design. He left sketches all over the house accidentaly, because he had too many ideas anyway. On "Green's Death Day," Chanyeol designed a building that looked like a cake instead of making Baekhyun one, because Baekhyun said he didn't want one- he didn't want anything. But Chanyeol gave him everything, anyway. He made love to him again, cuddled him, spent the whole day doing everything he could to make Baekhyun smile. He didn't know why Baekhyun was so sad that day, but he didn't poke his nose into it.

 


Byun Baekhyun's lover was a rainbow with a few colors that came and went every now and then. With his lover, he had a Yellow/Orange daughter and a Blue/Green son. Everything in Baekhyun's life, now, was driving along the right path, and Park Chanyeol was holding the wheel.

Notes:

So who was who?

Pink: Jongin
Black: Tao
Red: Yifan
Orange: Luhan
Grey: Yixing
Yellow: Jongdae
Blue: Sehun
Purple: Junmyeon
White: Kyungsoo
Green: Minseok