Young Love

The Cupid's Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungyoon carefully landed near the corner of the alley and hid his wings. He hurriedly went to help but it looked like he was not needed anymore. The man who grabbed Jinu was laying at the ground unconscious while Jinu was standing calmly —looking down at the man. Seungyoon couldn't clearly see Jinu's eyes and if he hadn't already met him before, he'd think Jinu was a dangerous killer in this dark alley. He stood in silence — unable to move from shock — until Jinu noticed him and turned his head.

Jinu smiled as soon as he saw him. A smile that looked like longing and relief at the same time. Suddenly, Seungyoon felt like everything around him lit up. Those eyes and that smile were stirring something inside him and he couldn't understand what it was.

"Whoah! You appeared again," Jinu stated happily with those innocent-looking eyes — as if he didn't just beat up a man a while ago — then added, "I knew I would see you again. Good thing I didn't listen to my doctor."

"Uhhh. Surprise! I'm here." Seungyoon awkwardly replied. It was on impulse that he flew to where Jinu was and he couldn't think of any excuse. 

While trying to come up with a plausible reason to be there, the watch he was wearing suddenly beeped. The new message read New Target: Hyunwoo, Partner: Yeonsu. Mission: Young love. Location: Inseo road. Time: 1:00 pm.

The location was coincidentally the main road where they were and it was also almost time for the event to happen. What timing.

"Hyunwoo! Wait for me!" he heard a teenage girl shout from the main road. He turned around and saw a middle-school girl in her uniform with hair tied by a ribbon and carrying her big bag pack passed by. Oops! they are already here.

He took a brief look at Jinu and gestured that he had to go before he turned his back at him and left to follow the girl.

Hyunwoo  — the guy she was calling  — was walking up ahead. He was walking leisurely and seemed to not notice the girl who was calling him.

Seungyoon followed close behind the two while aiming at Hyunwoo. He stopped at a reasonable distance before he took a shot  — just in time for a bicycle to come passing close to the two.

The bicycle almost hit the girl but Hyunwoo's reflex was fast enough to protect her. He hurled her around with his whole body to avoid it.

The ribbon from her hair got caught by his finger and it became loose. It made her soft long hair flutter in the air. But her eyes were only fixed on Hyunwoo the whole time so she didn't notice her hair coming loose. Needless to say, it made her heart thump.

Hyunwoo was also entranced and softly uttered, "Pretty..." 

Hyunwoo realized he was holding her so close with his arm around her waist and his other hand on her head. He clumsily released her from his embrace, scratched his head and blushed while saying, "Yeonsu, I'll walk much slower this time so be sure to follow my pace, okay?"

Yeonsu blushed and nodded. And then they walked slowly side by side.

Seungyoon had a satisfied smile on his face while following the two with his eyes and uttered to himself, "Another mission accomplished."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter