Break Up... Make Up... (1/3)

Break Up... Make Up...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amazing, first day of Nayeon’s last year in college and she wakes up late for the freshmen ceremony. It doesn’t help that the rush of commuters keep clogging up the streets towards her university. The first week of August isn’t looking any good for Im Nayeon. Her worn off blue jeans and cream turtleneck sweater defeated by the coldness fall brings. She reminded herself to dress herself more warmly the next day.

 

She reaches the university gates fifteen minutes after the start of the ceremony. And to her luck, the hall is located further into the campus. She looks for the service for students during the first week but since all students are expected to be in the hall already, her luck isn’t looking good as well. With her barely surviving boots, she runs towards the hall. She finds a girl looking around the front entrance of the hall.

 

Okay, I’ve never seen her before. Must be a frosh.

 

“Hey! Are you in for the ceremony?” she approaches the girl. One thing about the famous Im Nayeon is that she is a very approachable senior. She wouldn’t be recognized as the sunbae you’d want to be since sophomore year if she showed attitude. Although sometimes, when push comes to worse, she just can’t help but flip.

 

“Uh.. yeah. I got in a little late and I don’t wanna make a scene,” the girl answers her. Nayeon beams in delight.

 

Great! I can tell them I waited for late students which is why I came in late.

 

“Good thing I found you, huh?” she smiles confidently at the girl. “Come, I’ll show you a more discreet way inside. You should be able to find a nice seat from where we’re entering.”

 

The girl follows her and they enter through the door on the side. Nayeon immediately spots Jihyo looking at her watch with a raised eyebrow. She knows right away that she will be scolded by the junior moments after the ceremony is done. Nonetheless, her seat is beside Jihyo’s so she slips to it and grins.

 

“You’re late,” Jihyo declares with a scowling face. Nayeon shakes her head and points towards the side entrance.

 

“I waited for late freshmen to arrive so they won’t feel embarrassed about entering the main door. You know how that door creaks so loudly,” she defends herself. Jihyo looks at her spectically but she shrugs and listens to the current senior from the business department speaking.

 

“You expect us to believe that you actually did that? Come on, Nabongs, you’re always late during such ceremonies,” Jeongyeon says from Jihyo’s other side. Of course, how could she forget that Jeongyeon will always take the chance to roast her. It’s like it’s her life’s mission to make Nayeon’s life miserable.

 

“Shut up and try asking your girl out first, Yoo,” she retorts, earning a death glare from Jeongyeon and a giggle from Jihyo.

 

“Leave Momo alone,” the short haired girl groans. All three of them know that Jeongyeon and Momo are experiencing some puberty in their relationship. Meaning Momo’s being difficult and Jeongyeon’s too whipped so she lets the younger get her way. A familiar situation for all of them.

 

Nayeon gets called before Jihyo can even start bombarding Jeongyeon about Momo’s latest bratty episode. For all they know, Momo’s doing it because Jeongyeon’s too adorable when frustrated. But they won’t let Jeongyeon know that.

 

Nayeon represents two departments. Surprising as it may seem, she’s a double degree major and she still has a minor. As per Jeongyeon’s words “For someone dumb, you’re smart academically”. She slapped Jeongyeon after that. But now, she represents the Fashion Design Department and the Marketing Department. And to add to that, she minors in theater arts. She is part of the play every year and she either gets a lead role or the supporting lead. All is well for Im Nayeon.

 

After the ceremony, they all go to their respective buildings. Nayeon goes to the cafeteria because although it’s the first day of school, she doesn’t have any class. Perks of being a senior with two degrees is that she took a lot of advance classes and now her load is barely heavy. In fact, her only class is every Tuesday and Thursday. And it’s research.

 

Throughout Nayeon’s stay inside the cafeteria, she sees Momo holding hands with another girl. Rage fills her heart and she feels her face burning up. The girl is none other than the girl she talked to earlier. Momo then leaves with a kiss on the cheek on the girl. Nayeon slams her hand on the table and calls Jeongyeon, regardless if she has class or not.

 

“What? You’re lucky class just ended or I would have choked you alive,” Jeongyeon hisses on the other line as soon as she answers the call.

 

“Momo is cheating on you!” she exclaims. Jeongyeon lets out a loud laugh on the other line until she couldn’t laugh no more. “Believe me! I saw Momo holding hands with a girl and kissing her cheeks! You know I’ll never lie, right!?”

 

“Fine fine. When did this happen? At what time and who was the girl?” Jeonyeon seems quite confident that Momo wouldn’t cheat on her but Nayeon saw it with her own two eyes and she won’t ever forget the scene.

 

“I don’t know who the girl is but I will find out and I will make sure Momo regrets cheating on you!” she ends the call and gathers her things. She follows the way the girl went to and searches. But like earlier that morning, luck wasn’t on her side. It still isn’t. The girl managed to disappear into thin air and no matter how Nayeon asks the people around her, no one knew who the girl is.

 

The next two days, Nayeon still hasn’t given up on finding the girl. They, Jeongyeon, Jihyo, and Momo, all sit inside the cafeteria for lunch. Nayeon wants to throw up as she sees Momo being overly sweet to Jeongyeon. Clinging to her and kissing her cheek or jaw. Jeongyeon acts like she despises it but Jihyo and Nayeon both know that she wouldn’t have it any other way.

 

“I bet people really do become clingy when they’re cheating,” Nayeon suddenly blurts out. Jeongyeon looks at her furiously and Jihyo emits a confused expression.

 

“What?” Jihyo breaks the silence.

 

“Nothing. I just read an article about a wife not expecting that her husband is cheating because he was sweet with her,” Nayeon shrugs.

 

Momo leans her chin on one hand and says, “Well, men are to begin with so they always cheat.”

 

“But men aren’t the only one who cheat, right Momo?” she says knowingly. Jeongyeon gives her a warning look but she just shrugs.

 

“I wouldn’t know. I haven’t tried,” Momo answers innocently.

 

“That’s what they all say,” she says. Momo stares at her with a confused expression and Jeongyeon? Well, Jeongyeon slams her hands on the table, loud enough to startle Jihyo and Nayeon.

 

“I’ve had it. I won’t sit back and watch as you accuse my girlfriend of something she didn’t do!” the short haired girl looks at Momo softly and continues, “Call Mina. Make her come here.”

 

“But-,” Momo stops midway and does what Jeongyeon says. Maybe because Jeongyeon is furious.

 

“I told you to drop this already, Unnie!” Jeongyeon says frustratingly. The girl never calls her unnie unless she’s serious or if she is seriously annoyed with Nayeon.

 

“What? Let Momo cheat on you while you turn a blind eye on it?! I’m your unnie, I am supposed to protect you!” she shouts back. Good thing they sit at the corner of the caf where people rarely come.

 

“Eh? Me? Cheating?” Momo’s eyes widen in surprise upon hearing Nayeon’s words? “I can never do that to Jeong!”

 

“Oh but you did!” as if on cue, the girl Momo kissed on the cheek emerged into the cafeteria doors. “I’ll show you!” she stands and approaches the girl, who is looking at her with fear evident in her eyes. She grabs the girl’s wrist and pulls her towards the table. “This is the girl. Jeongyeon! I saw Momo holding hands with this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter