Chapter 2

Break Up... Make Up...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Congratulations, you’ve finally survived two years worth of college,” Mina whispers while hugging Nayeon. It’s finally the day that Nayeon graduated from college, officially saying goodbye to their alma mater. Mina hides her sadness behind her gummy smile, although Nayeon can see through it, she doesn’t say a word because she respects Mina’s decision to keep mum about it.

 

“I didn’t think I could survive during the last few months, Mina. But because of you, I did,” she breaks the hug and cups Mina’s face, “Thank you. Thank you for being with me through my worst days of college.”

 

I hope you can be in mine.

 

Mina nods and holds her hand, “Your parents are waiting outside. Go. I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?” she lets Nayeon go but plants a soft kiss on her cheek before trying to disappear within the sea of graduates.

 

“Wait! Don’t leave now!” Nayeon holds her hand and pulls her outside. “I’ll introduce you to my parents. They’ll love you!”

 

One thing Nayeon doesn’t know: Mina is a closet. Until the day Nayeon posted her picture on Instagram, Momo didn’t know that she was gay. Imagine her cousin’s surprise when she found out through social media. Needless to say, Momo was supportive and really helped her coping with the unintentional admission of her preference. To say that it was hard would be an understatement, her parents were furious but since Mina is the only girl in the family, let alone their princess, they still accepted her. Thanks to Momo and her brother.

 

Nayeon never met her parents. They live in Japan and Nayeon has never been in Japan and at the moment, she doesn’t have plans to go there. She just wants to enjoy her time with Mina. Possibly get ready for her new life out of the school. She just bagged a position in a well known company for fashion and she’s beyond ecstatic to start. Although she did ask for a two month long vacation before she finally becomes a corporate slave.

 

“Ma, Pa, this is Mina and I’m dating her,” Nayeon announces proudly. Mina looks down and blushes red. She feels her cheek heat up. She doesn’t know where to look.

 

“Nice to finally meet you, Mina-ssi,” Mrs. Im greets while Mr. Im smiles at her. She bows politely and says her greetings. They all go to a restaurant reserved by the Im family. Nayeon’s friends are there too. Jeongyeon sits in the middle of Momo and Jihyo. Mina is beside Nayeon while her parents are on the other side of the table.

 

Mina never felt so complete and accepted.

 

“Picture time!!!” Jeongyeon brings out the instax camera Mina gave to Nayeon during the last show of the yearly play. The one where Mina starred as the female lead and Nayeon had to be the male one. They even took a picture of it. The picture is with Nayeon for she’s the one who likes to compile them in a scrapbook.

 

Nayeon pulls Mina closer and smiles brightly for the camera after saying, “Smile, baby.”


 

~~~4 and a half years later~~~


 

Mina’s eyes get covered by a particular pair of warm hands. She giggles and leans back, resting her weight against the figure behind her, “I’ve missed you.”

 

She turns around and finds Nayeon’s smiling face. Instantly, Mina’s fatigue flies out the window. Her energy is over the moon again. She melts against Nayeon’s embrace, “Are you okay, Mina?” she nods and snuggles closer. As the years go by between the two of them, Mina has grown comfortable with Nayeon’s embrace. Before, she gets nervous and her heart races as if she’s running in a marathon. Now, her heart still races but less the nervous feeling. Rather, she feels safe. Nayeon will always be her safe haven.

 

“Just tired,” Mina just got home to Korea from a week long ballet convention overseas. She represented both Japan and Korea as she graduated with high honors during college and already got an offer for a ballet understudy for the current national representative ballerina. In two years time, Mina became the National Representative and she’s been in and out of the country ever since. Nayeon somehow feels sad because most of the time, Mina doesn’t have time for her but she tries to understand. Mina is starting to make a name for her own and she couldn’t be any more proud.

 

I still wish I could be as successful.

 

Nayeon just hugs Mina. She misses her girlfriend too much and she just wants nothing more than to snuggle all night. Just feel Mina’s presence after a long drought. Sometimes, they argue about time because seldom times that Mina is free, Nayeon busies herself. She wants Mina to appreciate her because honestly speaking, she feels unappreciated by the Japanese girl. Hence, she feels like she’s a booty call nowadays. Of course a big factor of it is that Mina calls her when she’s in the country and in need of distress and company. Nayeon, forever whipped, no matter how many deadlines she has, leaves everything to attend to Mina’s needs.

 

“Can we go home, Nay?” Mina whispers. Nayeon nods and leads her into the car. Yes, for the past three years, Nayeon finally saved up enough money so she can afford a decent car. She feels bad for making Mina commute every time they go on a date. So even if she had to eat tteokbokki everyday for a whole month just to afford the downpayment, she sacrificed. And it was worth it when she saw how Mina smiled upon seeing the car.

 

They reach home and Mina drops herself down Nayeon’s bed. She doesn’t live there. Although Nayeon wishes she did. Nayeon prepares a warm bath for Mina and gets some comfortable clothes for the younger girl to wear. Being in Amsterdam for a week must have drained her girlfriend so she’s gonna make sure she’ll be the b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter