THE ALMIGHTY RING

They don't understand

Siwon and Yesung have been dating for 8 months now. The only thing making the happy time bitter is the fact that Ryeowook left. He moved in the USA because of a better job so Siwon lost a friend, but found love.

 

Yesung is perfect. He is sweet, y and cute. Siwon can’t get enough of him, he wants to spend the rest of his life with him. That brings us here, in a jewelry store. Siwon’s family is rich, it is no problem to buy the biggest and prettiest engagement ring, but where to find it? He has spend so many hours trying to find the best ring which could show how much Yesung means to him. This store was recommended by his aunt who was married 4 times so she knows best where to find the right ring. Suddenly, Siwon spots the ring which will adorn Yesung’s little finger. He is smiling while buying it and then makes a reservation in a luxurious restaurant.

 

Yesung got used to going out very often with Siwon. He doesn’t mind it, but sometimes it could be nice to be alone in their flat. Siwon is driving and opens the door for his love who is wearing red dress (https://www.net-a-porter.com/variants/images/31432202865202684/ou/w2000_q80.jpg). Their table is ready and they sit down. Siwon keeps glancing at their waitress. He gave the ring to the head chief so she can put it on the top of their dessert -  crème brûlée. The food is great, but Siwon is mindlessly shoveling each meal in his mouth to get to the dessert. Yesung eats slowly and not much so he groans when he spots the waitress carrying a dessert toward their table.

 

“My dress will burst!”

 

He acts annoyed, but grabs a spoon to dig in the warm dessert. When the ramekin landed in front of him, Yesung paled. There, on the top of the crème brûlée is sitting an engagement ring.

 

“Kim Yesung, will you marry me?”

 

Yesung lifts his eyes to Siwon’s happy face and just silently opens his mouth. His brain stopped working. All he can see is the hope and love in Siwon’s eyes and the ring that feels like it is mocking to him. They stare at each other for a few silent seconds before the happiness in Siwon’s eyes died.

 

“Okay, I think that was a clear answer.”

 

He picks the ring from the dessert and goes to quickly pay for their dinner. Yesung is sitting there, dumbfounded and numb. The ride home is fast and silent. There is no kiss, no Good night. Siwon just waits for Yesung to get out of the car and then drives away. Yesung feels like a robot, he walks in his apartment and there he breaks down. He falls down on his knees and just cries. Mascara is running down his cheeks and stains his clothes, but he doesn’t care. He feels the pain in Siwon’s eyes and hit his head against the wall. What has he done?! He ruined the only chance to be happy!