orange juice (harry potter au)

In everything I see, hear and feel (you are here) [unfinished]

Howon was good at Quidditch. No, he was excellent at it, which was why he was one of Slytherin’s top Chasers and responsible for his team’s excellent performance. (Not that he was bragging, but you know.)

Charms though? He at it, hence the need for emergency tutoring. It was alright, since Sungjong was a lot smarter than him and was perfectly capable of bringing Howon up to speed on five years’ worth of Charms lessons despite being a year below him. The downside though, was that Sungjong was ridiculously intelligent and often lost patience when he took too long in getting things right. Today was just one of his rare patient moods.

“That’s good, hyung.” Sungjong said encouragingly as the sticky bun Howon had been levitating rose higher and higher into the air. “All you need is concentration.”

He was doing it—he actually had a chance of passing his Charms O.W.L.—

“Hi.” Sungyeol suddenly appeared, Myungsoo clinging to his back like an overly affectionate koala. Sungjong sighed when the sticky bun dropped back onto Howon’s plate, reaching for another slice of toast. “Thank god we didn’t go along with using the orange juice. That went a lot better than expected, though your wrist movement is horrible.”

“Yah!” Howon tried very hard not to sulk into his breakfast. God, this pudding was delicious. “I get by just fine with my wrist movement!” He stilled when Myungsoo sat next to him, wordlessly handing him a glass of cold orange juice.

“It’s just Charms he does so terribly at.” Sungyeol grinned, ducking when Howon chucked a bread roll at him. Thankfully it didn’t hit anyone else.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes at that. “You’re one to talk. Your potion-making skills are horrible.” Even Sungjong shuddered at that, if last year’s Rubber Potion Incident was anything to go by.

Sungyeol snorted, placing a lot of bacon on his plate and slapping Myungsoo’s hand away to protect them. “And I was going to sell your Charm-casting skills too! How ungrateful.” Howon busied himself with buttering his toast, not wanting to look up and see Myungsoo pouting because it reminded him of kicked puppies and made his stomach flutter like someone released loads of butterflies inside of it. He seemed to react like that to Myungsoo in general these days.

“Myungsoo is a tad better at Charms.” Sungjong mused, Myungsoo’s ears turning slightly pink at the rarely given praise. “He’s also a lot more patient than I am, and it will give me more time to finish my Arithmancy essay… what do you think, Howon hyung?”

Howon opened his mouth to reply, only for him to close it again. How did one speak in front of their object of attraction without making a fool of themselves?

“I’m okay with teaching him.” Myungsoo spoke up instead, dimple appearing as he smiled. Howon had the strangest urge to poke something, preferably Kim Myungsoo’s dimple. “If it’s alright with Howon though…”

The other two turned to Howon once again, waiting for his reply. Howon swallowed his last spoonful of pudding, unable to avoid it any longer. “I’m okay with it.”

“Okay.” Myungsoo grinned, and it was impossible for Howon not to return it with one of his own. The butterflies were back.