Rosemary

Let's Take a Chance on Happiness

"Yul! Get down here and have breakfast! It's already 8. You'll be late."

Chaeyeon shouted from the kitchen as she arranges the meal for both of them.

After Minju's arrival and threat of taking Yuri away. Chaeyeon started to pay close attention to Yuri. She created time for her daughter which Yuri gladly appriciates, but their is something off about Chaeyeon's attention. They all look anxious towards Yuri's eyes.

"Mama, Eunbi seonsaeng-nim called for a meeting later. Can you come?"

Chaeyeon suddenly stops eating and looks at her daughter. 

She has an important meeting but because of Minju's threat she's been stressing out lately.

"Sure, baby."

Yuri looks at Chaeyeon gleefully and stretches out her hand while all her fingers closed except for the pinky. 

"promise?"

The little girl asks again with hopeful eyes. Chaeyeon then clasp her pinky finger with her daugther's and shook it 3 times.

"promise."

Chaeyeon stated but her voice was laced with uneasiness. 

Yuri took notice of it but shurgs it off, because she believes in Chaeyeon's words.

 

 


-

 

 


"Hey, dork! When are you picking me up?"

A woman sitting on a waiting bench hisses as she talks to the person at the other line.

The latter could only apologize through the phone's speakers.

"I swear to god, Hii-chan! If you are not here in 15 minutes!"

The woman who was fuming got interupted when a person suddenly steps infront of her— panting.

"Sorry, senpai!"

The woman sitting then grins and threw a bag towards the panting girl.

"Hii, it's from your mom. She wanted me to relay this to you."

The latter smiled and gave the woman a tight hug.

 

"Welcome back, Sakura-senpai."

 

 


-

 

 


"Yul, don't worry. Your mom is probably on her way."

Eunbi started to carress the little girl's back.

The meeting just ended a few minutes ago, and as usual Yuri waited for her mom. It was really saddening for Yuri, after all Chaeyeon promised.

 

 

-

 

 

"Hey, Nako! Can you do me a favor. I need you to pick up Yuri."

 

Chaeyeon panicking on the other side of the line. Nako could only shake her head. She knows for a fact that Chaeyeon yet again, let down her little angel. 

The smaller woman then nodded and hummed as she started to walk towards the parking area. She then drops the call and held her car door's handle.

 

"Unnie, I hope this is not too late for you."

 

Nako whispers as she looks straight into her dimly lit phone screen.

 

 


-

 

 

"Wonnie!! Want to come with me? Hii-chan asks me out for a meal and said she'll be treating us!"

 

Yujin shouted from the comfort room. 

Wonyoung and her had been leaving in the same apartment for quite a long time now. By this they can share the rental and not feel alone at the same time. So it is a win-win. 

 

"Let me, look at my sched!"

 

Wonyoung replied from the laundry area.

 

"Hey Yudaengs! Where the are my stetoscopes!?"

 

Wonyoung blurted out digging into the pile of unwashed clothes. Yujin shrugs it off, for she knows sooner or later Wonyoung will come rushing out happy with the thing she's looking for in hand.

 

"Found it!"

 

And as it was said above. Wonyoyng did skipped out of the laundry area with the stetoscope in hand.

After a few more seconds a loud doorbell is suddenly heard and Yujin came rushing to the door.

 

"Yudaengs!"

 

A small mochi like woman waves at the towering pup whom has her imaginative tail, wagging.

 

"Tomi unnie!!"

 

The pup then plunges herself to the smaller woman and cling to her like a dog whom has never met her owner for a very long time. 

 

"Unnie!"

 

Another voice called out, and sooner the older woman is now enveloped by 2 towering kids.

"I missed you two, By the way. About the treat I was talking about. I actually be tagging someone along."

Yujin and Wonyoung beamed a bright smile and responded simultaniously. 

 

"Sure!"

 

 


-

 

 


"WHAT!?"

 

Chaeyeon, shouted inside Eunbi's little classroom. 

Eunbi tries to calm the raging woman but her pleadings went to deaf ears. 

 

"Why would you even let Yuri off from school witha stranger! What kind of educator are you!?"

 

Chseyeon then spitted which broke Eunbi's pride as a teacher. She did not mean to let Yuri off, but she doesn't have any other choice

 

Earlier...

"Seonsaeng-nim, I think Mama is not gonna pick me up."

 

Sadness interlaces at the little girl's voice. Eunbi could only look at the younger with pity. 

The older then sighs and pat the younger's head. 

 

"I should give you a ride home then."

 

Eunbi stated with a small smile which was then accepted with a nod from the little kid.

After a few more minutes Eunbi and Yuri are about to leave when an unfamiliar woman stops Eunbi from her tracks.
The older took a good look at the unfamiliar woman when suddenly, Yuri squealed. 

 

"Aunt Minmin!"

 

The newcomer gave Yuri a very sweet smile and picks up the young one.

 

"Im here to pick you up Yul."

 

Minju stated but before they can get another step away Eunbi suddenly grips on the other woman's shoulder. Her eyes laced with worry. Ofcourse who wouldn't. A student of hers is being taken away right infront of her and she doesn't even know who it was.

 

"Excuse me, but I can't let you just pick Yuri up and take her away."

 

The woman then sighs and give the teacher a soft smile. She then whips out her wallet and let Eunbi see the picture in it.

 

"Im her Aunt."

 

Minju then smiled at the little girl.

 

"This little one here is my cousin's daugther."

 

Eunbi was still doubting when Yuri interupted.

 

"Auntie! Did Mama send you to pick me up?"

 

The little one asks with hope in her eyes.

As much as Minju wants to say no, she nodded and gave the little girl a smile. Even tho Minju was sent there to make Yuri realize that her mom is not  capable of raising her as of the moment, Minju doesn't have the heart to break her only niece's heart.

With a nod and a smile. Yuri clungs to Minju with happiness. 

 

"Seonsaeng-nim! We will be off now! Mommy is probably waiting for us!"

 

The little girl gleefully skips towards Minju's car and open the passenger seat.

Eunbi continues to eye her student when Minju taps her to get her attention.

 

"Maam, Im sorry for the late notice. Im Kim Minju. Im not a bad person, but the truth is Im not sent here by her mom. Rather I was sent here by her grandmother. I hope you understand. I only hope for Yuri's happiness. Also here's my card and here is a note. You can give this if ever Yuri's mom suddenly bust her way here."

 

Eunbi took the note and card and looked at it for a couple of seconds then bring back her gaze towards Minju.

 

"Im really sorry for the inconvenience."

 

Minju then bows and slowly ran towards her car greeting Yuri with a bright smile.

Eunbi again looks at the card and attentively read the content.

 

"Kim Minju, COO, K&K corp."

 

 


-

 

 


"How careless can you be!?"

 

Chaeyeon continues to shout at the teacher infront of her who seems to be having a day dream.

With all the rage inside Chaeyeon, she slams her palm on the table. This got the attention of Eunbi and to be perfectly descriptive. Eunbi took this quite unpleasantly, making her retort to the parent of her student in a very rude manner.

 

"If only you did your job as a responsible parent then you wouldn't be here asking me stupid questions! Besides Minju is her aunt. What can that sweet girl do with my student?"

 

Eunbi bursts as Chaeyeon started to keep mum. She does know she was at fault. Before Nako could pick up Yuri an emergency at her work occur making the latter unavailable. Because of this Chaeyeon had to personally drive towards Yuri's school to personally pick her up only to be given a notice that her daughter is now with Minju.

Chaeyeon sighs as Eunbi continues to glare at her, not backing down.

 

"I-"

 

Chaeyeon then again sighed before continuing.

 

"Im sorry. It's just, there is some problem with our family right now."

 

Chaeyeon then hangs her head low as she slowly sits at the receiving chair infront of Eunbi's table. 

The older woman who had a deathly glare earlier changes her gaze into a softer one. She smile softly at Chaeyeon while she clasps her hands together.

 

"Mrs. Lee, I know you are having a rough time, but I hope you don't neglect Yuri any further. She had always looked up to you more than anything, and after your...."

 

Eunbi was a bit hesitant to continue because she knows it's out of her line already but being a kind hearted human she is, she heaves a deep breath and continued.

 

"After your wife died, Yuri hasn't been the same lively little girl. I know you are really having a hard time accepting the fact that she's gone. But please don't neglect your daughter. You are the only one she has who knows her more than anyone. Maam, I know I might be stepping out the line but, please I hope you open your eyes at the reality. If you continue this Yuri will slowly get away from your grasp."

 

Chaeyeon massages her temple as she hears out Eunbi's little advice. She then faced the teacher with a serious look.

 

"Miss, I never once neglected my daughter."

 

There is a hint of annoyance in Chaeyeon's voice as those words comes out of . The teacher could only shake her head.

"Maam, neglection is not only physical, it can also be emotional. Besides, when was the last time you take a look on your daughter's essays and assignments?"

Eunbi then again retorted, she's determined to let Chaeyeon see how Yuri has lost her track since Hyewon bid them goodbye.

Chaeyeon could only bit at her lower lip. She knows fully well that the teacher she's talking to right now is right. She indeed did neglect Yuri for a year, without even realizing that it will be much worse for the little girl.

Chaeyeon could only sigh gor the nth time then look at the paper at the teacher's desk.


-


"Auntie!! Are we waiting for Mama here?"

 

The girl asks Minju as they approach thrit designated seats.

After they got out of the school, Minju drove the little girl into a little Japanese restaurant. 

 

"So, what do you want Yul? Aunt Minmin will be treating you."

 

Minju gladly spoke while she wibks at her niece.

Yuri jumps in glee as she took the little menu given by the waiter.

"I want some ramen! But not the sicy one, and also sushi! Since Mama will be here any minute now. I want sushi for her."

The little girl gladly lists down her orders.

Minju could only sigh. Yuri is such a caring and kind girl. Indeed a child of her late cousin, but this somehow made Minju a bit sad. Sooner or later she has to separate the child from her mom. Minju hates the idea but she can't do anything. After all it's their family head's order.

 

 


-

 

 

"So where are we going Tomi unnie?"

 

Yujin asks while driving the three of them to Hii-chan's meal treat. 

The japanese mochi only smiled and pointed at a small Japanese restaurant.

 

"There. That resto is owned by a friend of mine. She's sctually quite popular in the restaurant business and some other stuff."

 

Wonyoung takes a look at the restaruant and suddenly clicks her fingers.

 

"Isn't that the restaurant owned by Sakura Miyawaki!?"

 

Wonyoung then exclaimed. 

Yujin on the other hand was still processing what Wonyoung has told her.

 

"Wait....Sakura...Sakura....AH! SAKURA MIYAWAKI! That famous model who got to walk on the critically acclaimed, Paris Fashion week."

 

Both the taller beings inside the car then looks at each other and then look at Hitomi from the rear view mirror.

 

"YOU'RE FRIENDS WITH THE MIYAWAKI SAKURA!?"

 

 


-

 

 

"Auntie? What time is Mama coming?"

 

Yuri asks as she slurps on her ramen.

The older doesn't know what to respond. She just eyes the younger whom is looking at her, waiting for answers.

 

"Well, You see—"

 

Minju got cut off when suddenly the door of the restaurant opens and revealed a gorgeous woman wearing a black body tight dress and a silky smooth skin.

Everyone was suddenly in awe, even the child infront of Minju. The older woman then giggled at the sight of her niece being awe struck. She can clearly remember Chaeyeon in Yuri, being all mesmerize when Hyewon walks down the aisle during their wedding.

 

"You really are a mix of Chaeyeon unnie and Kangchan."

 

Minju then whispered to herself as she continues to eye her niece whom has her jaws drop to the floor.

 

 


-

 

 


"Excuse maam, but why are you dragging me with you?"

 

Eunbi whines as Chaeyeon pulls her towards her car. The younger woman wanted to fetch Yuri from Minju but she needs someone to distract her from raising a hand at her late wife's cousin.

The poor teacher cannot swat Chaeyeon's tight grip and without anymore restraint she just sighed and let the younger drag her.

 

 


-

 

 

"Auntie bunny?"

 

Yuri lowly whispered as she squinted her eyes over a familiar figure meters away from their table.

 

"Auntie min, it's Aunt bunny!!"

 

The little girl muses as she hops out of her seat and came running to Wonyoung. She clungs her self at Wonyoung's waist which took the young doctor off guard.

The older whips her head only to find her favorite little ball of sunshine clinging onto her.

 

"Yul! What are you doing here? Are you alone? Where's Chaeyeon unnie?"

 

Wonyoung picks up Yuri as she fires a barage of question at the younger. She darted her gaze to every nook and cranny of the restaurant onlh to be greeted by Minju's soft smiles.

 

"Minju unnie? Where's Chaeyeon unnie?"

 

Wonyoung asks as Minju approaches then, Minju just smiled and replied that Chaeyeon is on her way.

After that someone taps Wonyoung on her shoulder.

Yuri gasps as she saw who it was.

 

"Auntie! It's that beautiful lady earlier!"

 

Yuri excitedly pointed at the woman behind Wonyoung.

The said woman giggles and gave out her hand to Yuri.

 

"Hello there little one."

 

The woman muses with a sweet smile which made Yuri stare at her in awe. 

 

 


-

 

 

Since Yuri started to cling at Wonyoung and Yujin, Hitomi just asks to be switched in a bigger table and put Minju and Yuri's unfinished foods on the said table. 

The restaurant staff gladly oblige, after all Sakura— their boss is with the group.

 

 


-

 

 


Chaeyeon slowly parks her car infront of the restaurant in Minju's little note, and as soon as they got inside Chaeyeon frantically searches for her daughter. Her eyes darting everywhere until she saw an oddly familiar figure sitting beside her laughing daughter.

Yuri is having fun when suddenly she whips her head towards the door. 

The little girl's eyes gleams as she recognize her mother who is now standing at the entrance with a very warm smile.

 

"Mama!"

 

Yuri gleefully muses as she hops down yet again from her seat.

 

"Your late!"

 

She came running to her loving mother once her feet landed on the maple wood floor of the restaurant.

 

"Sorry baby. Work is hectic."

 

Yuri pouted but then still kisses her mother's cheek.

From the table the group of women gind the mother and daughte interaction sweet, except for one person. 

After Chaeyeon spoke, the said woman has become frozen statue. The woman fairly knows whom was talkung and she was affraid to see the truth that is behind her. She drops of sweat started to appear on her forehead as she hears the foot steps approaching closer, and before Chaeyeon and Yuri can reach the table the woman stood up gaining the attention of everyone seated on the table.

 

"Senpai, where are you go-"

 

The Japanese mochi woman didn't finish when suddenly the latter started to walk away, but being her— a clumsy being she is. She suddenly trips over her own foot. 

This caught everyone off-guard. The woman prepared herself for the impact but the ground never mde it to her face and she suddenly felt something soft and warm wrapping her waist. 

Slowly she opened her eyes onñy to be greeted by hazelnut orbs that is extremely familiar for her.

 

"C-chae."

 

The woman uttered as she intensely looks into the latter's eyes.

 

"Sakura?"

 

=

 

Thank you for patiently waiting for an update. It took me so long to finish this because.

1. Work is hella hectic.

2. Im always a tire potato and...

3. I went to itzy showcase in manila so my excited forgot that I need to write an update. I was seriously excited to see miss Lee Chaeryeong in the flesh and OMG! She's hella beautiful! She's like a damn angel. (okay, Im being excited again)

 

Any how thank you for waiting. Hope this will  be a good update. 

 

Leave a comment so I would know about what you think of this chapter.~