dayeon [sunbae & i]

twice bites



 

 

"For you, sunbae.."

 

 

"Uhmmm... thanks.." 

 

 

"Anything for you.." 

 

 

"For me? Why?"

 

 

Silence took over before she blurts out, "I'm in love with you....Gosh, this is so embrassing..."

 

 

 

The sunbae just smiled warmly, seeing the girl being not so herself, she knows how huge this girl's confidence, she always watches her fondly. "I know.... I see you... always gawking at me.."

 

 

 

She gasped, stuttering, "N-No!! I mean, yes but I'm not creepy one..."

 

 

 

"Creepy doesn't suit you. You are too cute for that..." the sunbae says, smiling. 

 

 

 

Her face flushed on the compliment, "Oh.. thanks, I guess.." She said, rubbing the back of her head. 

 

 

 

The sunbae sighs, a depressing one, "I'm sorry though..."

 

 

 

"What for?"

 

 

 

"Oh..."

 

~~~~

 

 

 

 

"What would you do when you found out that... the person you like likes someone else, not you..."

 

 

A question came out from her lips, lips she wanted to take, lips she wanted to be always raised, lips she wanted to know what it tastes like... Dahyun could only raise her gaze to the girl who is in front of her, feeling so hopeless.

 

 

 

 

"Answer me, Dahyun..." The girl spoke again.

 

 

"Why you asking me that kind of question, sunbae?" Dahyun tries to shift the subject away she doesn't have a nerve to talk about this time. Now is not a right time for these stupid feelings of hers...

 

 

 

"You are smart enough to answer me! What would you do? If you are in the situation.." The girl reasoned out. Dahyun could only chuckle, it's very lame reason. She is actually noob on this love thingy, maybe on the girl in front of her can make her become this know-it all, all thanks because of her she learn how to love in romantic way... 

 

 

"Well, if you insist.... my answer is.."

 

 

Her happiness or mine?

 

 

"Don't lose hope just yet. You need to approach and let them acknowledge what you feel about them. You just need to stop when they get mutual with someone else. Don't get sappy at this, Nayeon sunbae.." 

 

 

The said girl looks at her in strong hope, eyes shining with bright smile... "Ohhh that's cool... I thought that you'll tell me to just get over it. You surprise me..."

 

 

 

Love surprises you... it do things you never know you can do like being selfless just so you make them feel alright...

 

 

"Why? It's not easy to move on, Nayeon unnie... I know where are you coming from."

 

 

I know it too much... to love you silently... to love unrequited... to look at you pretending that i'm okay with you being just 'us'.. look at me, I'm still here not giving up on you even it hurts by looking at you..

 

 

 

"Ah. I see.. your heart must be too strong to bare it, huh."

 

 

Very much... and I hate it... I hate that I can't hate you or even unlove you...

 

 

"I heard she likes someone else, Dahyun. I thought I shown enough..." Nayeon trails off slowly. "It's hard... to get her attention..." she sigh in frustration.

 

 

 

Dahyun could only smile, pain worn under her smile... she knows this crazy crush of her sunbae to another sunbae. Her name is Lee Jieun, a theatre major as well. Everyone is literally crazy about her. It's not surprising when they talk about it because Nayeon is determined to get notice by their sunbae this year as she is graduating soon.

 

 

 

"In what world is she ever going to pay attention to me, Dahyun? It's not working..." Nayeon pouted.

 

 

In what world would you notice me too then? It's not working to you too..

 

 

Dahyun's jaw tightens as she encourage more, "Don't worry, Nayeon sunbae. She doesn't accept any confession at this moment. You still have a chance."

 

 

 

"But don't you think it makes me have the slightest chance?"

 

 

 

 

Dahyun grins, she says in a singsong voice.  "No! That means she would probably waiting for someone and that someone could be you, Nayeon sunbae!" Just like that....she’s back to her cheery self all over again, she doesn't want her sunbae worry the things she's been worrying after falling in love with her..

 

 

 

"I really hope so..."

 

 

I hope so... I want you to be happy, even not with me...

 

 

 

"Say...how bout giving her another bouquet?"

 

 

***

 

 

Admiration...

 

 

That's how Dahyun would like to describe when the first time she meet this sunbae...

 

 

 

 

Very pretty, all dark long hair, large brown eyes, plump lips and brightest smile...

 

 

 

Definitely an eyecandy for everyone...

 

Dedicated young theater student who's very friendly and nice, too nice that their first meeting is composed of mostly Nayeon patting her head with utmost care as she accidentally pushed the door hard when Dahyun is behind on those.

 

 

Her favorite sunbaenim asked for forgiveness by taking her out in a nice ice cream shop nearby their university. Dahyun melts with that geniune action.

 

 

 

After that little trip, their relationship as sunbaenim and hoobae got stronger that they hung out often. Nayeon even told her to drop the formalities and just call her unnie but Dahyun doesn't want to. Nayeon's so popular, Dahyun pay huge respect on that, the older girl could only say she's crazy. 

 

 

 

"Dahyun..." Chaeyoung, her bestfriend nudging on the side, waking her reverie. Dahyun turns her way, replies with a huh.

 

 

"Some of our seniors are been talking about you.."

 

 

"For what? Why?"

 

 

"Look..."

 

 

In the university's tabloid, a several accounts posted this big revelation that makes Dahyun's jaw drop.

 

 

JIEUN SUNBAENIM WISHES TO GET CLOSE WITH FIRST YEAR KIM DAHYUN! KIM DAHYUN, THE UNIVERSITY PIANIST!

 

 

Ji-eun sunbae likes the Kim Dahyun?? Who's Dahyun?

 

 

Ji-eun's girl is totally lucky! She's a sweetheart!

 

My heart broke when she mentions this Dahyun because im envious! >*<

 

 

 

"Chaeyoung, this can't be true..."

 

 

Chaeyoung laughs, teasing her more... "I can see your year brighter, Dubs! Imagine a sunbae, a very big name sunbae asking you out! Yoh don't deserve it but you lucky! Please don't forget meeee!"

 

 

"Wait! Wait! It's not what I want! I don't like sunbaenim like that, hell I didn't even got any conversation with her... I'm really clueless.."

 

 

"Wow! Such an honor to have a friend swarmed around by high sunbaes and noticed.." 

 

 

"Whatever! I'm not interested on her besides there is someone who I know likes Jieun sunbae... I know she'll feel hurt that I'm her rival when she confides me often about this crush for sunbae which is not my fault and don't care for. Thanks for letting me know, Chaeng! Gotta go!" Dahyun stood, "No problem, sunbaes slayer..."

 

 

"Shut up!"

 

 

 

Chaeyoung could only chuckle, "She's really dumb, huh... but blind is more fitting..."

 

***

 

"I've heard it..." Nayeon cuts her off, icy tone laced in her voice with a hint of sadness.

 

 

 

"Nayeon unnie, please listen.... it's not that I li---"

 

 

 

"You don't have to explain, Dahyunnie... It's alright..." Nayeon has tight smile, calming the younger girl. "NO! I need to explain! You are hurting...."

 

 

"Then let me hurt, that's love right?"

 

 

Dahyun doesn't utter another word, just looking at her favorite sunbae then let out a humorless laugh, she says " I love her too much that I am okay with the idea... I trust you, Dahyun. I trust you so much that I am willing to let go, that I am willing to give you my happiness with all of my heart.."

 

 

Dahyun could only blink from what she's hearing right now... 

 

 

What could be the most hurtful rejection when the person you love throws you because she wants you to be with someone else, not her?

 

 

"Nayeon sunbaenim..."

 

 

"Please, Dahyun... do this for me...make me happy.. I don't want her to feel rejected again... I know you'll do the same..."

 

 

 

Dahyun cuts sharply, "Is this what you want?

 

 

"Yes, please...."

 

 

 

"Then why don't you go after her, tell her you love her, that you are hurting, that why won't she see you, why can't she just forget that someone that she just need to open her eyes and look at the girl right in front of her, begging her to feel the feelings you've felt for her even it was just nothing for her because that's love right? No it wasn't love... if it's love, you understand me, you understand her..

 

 

"Dahyun...."

 

 

"Go, sunbaenim... I'm doing your favor... I'm being selfless......" Dahyun's voice has gone  soft. It forces Nayeon to reach her hand before the younger girl ended with, "in love..."

 

 

 

 

Before Nayeon could react, Dahyun just grins, goofy and loopsided, emotions masked once again, making it more painful "You still got a chance, Nayeon sunbaenim. I don't accept or planning to when all I want is to have a chance on someone else instead..."

 

 

 

 

"That's what will make her happy, I don't want her to feel rejected as well... I'm doing the same way as you do..." Dahyun smiles yet this time it is the saddest smile she ever see from her, a traitor...

 

 

 

Nayeon's tears unexpectedly rolls down on her cheeks, she choked and asked "W-Why?"

 

 

 

 

"Love... yes, it's because of love..." Dahyun tells her before barking out a laugh, shoulders shaking. "I think I need to---"

 

 

Nayeon wrestles with her to pin her place making Dahyun's pupils widen as well Nayeon's, "Don't you ever leave me like this, Kim Dahyun!"

 

 

 

"Let me go, sunbaenim..." Dahyun said weakly, under Nayeon's piercing gaze.

 

 

 

"How can I let you go when I know beforehand this conversation that you have always like me, Kim Dahyun?" Dahyun can't hold back to raise her head, staring the sunbae she always adore in such little space between them. 

 

 

 

"Why are you like this? You are so freaking dumb!" Nayeon says frustratedly. 

 

 

 

What?

 

 

 

"What? What are you saying?"

 

 

"Why am I hanging out with you?" Nayeon tries but no avail, Dahyun laughs "Nayeon sunbaenim... Don't ever take this as a joke even I am a joke.."

 

 

 

Nayeon doesn't answer her instead, "Because I want to get close with you..."

 

 

 

"Sunbaenim, that's not funny..."

 

 

 

"Dahyun... I'm just using Jieun sunbaenim because I thought you like someone else.."

 

 

 

"I can't understand you, Nayeon!" 

 

 

 

"Wait lemme just get out, I'm very confused... You're playing my heart right now... Just let me go now..." Nayeon slowly released her tight grip on Dahyun's wrists, letting her free.

 

 

 

"Just let you know that I'm always waiting, kid."

 

 

 

***

 

"I'm sorry though...." 

 

 

"What for?"

 

 

 

Silence engulfs them when Nayeon mutters her breathe softly that Dahyun almost missed it, "for making this hard when... we should not wasted our time.."

 

 

 

"Oh..... it's fine.. that's love, right? Love is the most complicated thing.."

 

 

 

Nayeon nods, a creeping smile graced her lips, "Then... it's you and I?"

 

 

 

Dahyun is smiling, a true smile "Definitely, you sunbae and I..." 

 

 

"Then, here's the bouquet for you, just for you..." 

 

 

Author's Note: 

 

please leave a comment, subscribe for more drabbles and upvote if u want to request :)