01 ; losing

with!out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

august 15th.

 

hyunjin sharply stared at her desk calendar. she can’t believe two months have passed already.

 

two months since her sophomore year ended.

 

two months since she ran away and ed things up.

 

two months without jung jinsoul, her bestfriend.

 

“kim hyunjin!” a loud thud of footsteps can be heard heading towards hyunjin’s room. but the brunette couldn’t care less, she slammed herself on the table /accidentally too hard/ that made her grunt softly. she already has enough thoughts going on inside her head and she don’t want to deal with anyone right now.

 

“hey, hyunjin! can’t you hear me—” eyes widened, the girl who appeared infront of her door gasps loudly. “why are you being ing dumb early in the morning?!”

 

“go away, you ain’t forcing me to attend the first day of school,” hyunjin said, while touching her forehead that is very red at the moment. she stood up from her chair and slopped herself on her bed.

 

“you know i don’t give a whether your forehead gets swollen, you’re coming to school with me whether you like it or not!”

 

“hyej—” she attempts to protest.

 

“pack. up. or i'm calling dad.” dad, hah. hyunjin can’t even bear to hear that. she’s even more annoyed than she was now.

 

hyunjin is trying.

 

trying to accept his step-dad, to accept hyejoo’s dad. he’s honestly way a lot better than his biological dad so she understands why her mom chose to have an affair and eventually ended up divorcing his dad to marry the man. yes, she understands but she can never accept it… atleast not now. what her mom did is wrong, she can’t justify her actions no matter how much she loves and believe in her.

 

her situation is crappy, she knows. but before all these insane events happened, hyunjin and hyejoo are childhood friends. their parents’ wrongdoings aren’t their business /slightly/ nor their faults so they did everything they could do to maintain the relationship that they already have although living with each other is a whole different story.

 

“you’re so grumpy early this morning,” hyejoo complains as she hands hyunjin a loaf of bread while they walk their way to school. “take it, you didn’t have your breakfast.”

 

simple things like this is one of the reasons why hyunjin will always be thankful of hyejoo. well, they only have each other backs to lean on at this point.

 

“hyun, listen, i’m sorry for forcing you to school but you know your current standing right. you missed two, three… months last year and almost get stuck on sophomore. you can’t miss the first day okay,” she paused as they reach the intersection across their school. “i know you’re acting like this because of jin—”

 

“it’s fine,” hyunjin cut her off and proceed to walk ahead of hyejoo.

 

jinsoul, her dad and school. what more could make her life even worse. “could this be karma?” she thought to herself.

 

“hyun, about jinsoul…” hyejoo stops. her fingers fidgeting, her eyes looking everywhere but hyunjin.

 

“what now?” hyunjin said in an annoyed tone.

 

“hyejoo!” a high-pitched voice coming from a small blonde standing infront of the school gate is waving at them. and to hyunjin’s surprise she is standing next to the person she’s trying to avoid th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter