The Second Universe

Destiny — The Multiverse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Welcome readers to the Mamamoo Multiverse.

Notes for the second universe — North and South Korea are one united country.  It takes place in modern times of this universe.  The King rules the country, there is no Prime Minister or President only representatives of government.  Unlike our timeline, there are no BCE and CE years so the year 6019 is our year of 2019.  That is all ;D

Enjoy!

 

 

 

Earth 2; Year 6019; United Republic of Korea

 

The cloud of dust left behind by the limousine of the royal family shrouded the sight of the rural countryside folk waving as their king, queen and princess left their town. It was another day of the same thing her family never got tired of doing. Always visiting cities and small towns to listen to the people praise them for their hard work and for bringing prosperity to the country and their lives.

 

Some bowed in respect, others groveled at their feet. It was exhausting. Surely there was more to royalty than this — at least that's what the common folk thought. For the King perhaps there was more, but Kim Yongsun was the youngest of the two princesses. Her older sister, Yonghee and heir to the throne, was away on her honeymoon with her husband. She no longer had to sit there and look like the perfect princess that everyone saw her as.

 

Her sister was perfect though. That's why she was the oldest and heir to the throne. Beautiful, smart, kind, with great leadership potential. The people talked about how she would be a great queen one day just like her father. But things for Kim Yongsun were different. To the eyes of the people she was also the perfect princess. Beautiful, smart, kind, quiet and reserved. Where her father and mother went, she was there.

 

But this life had no meaning to Yongsun. She was bored. She was expected to show up and smile, hold the hands of a young child, give women hope and let men know that they would do well by their families. Young girls were meant to look up to her and wish they could be a princess too. Being the youngest meant Yongsun got nothing out of being a princess. She couldn't hang out with friends if she had any — anything normal that people her age would do could potentially ruin her image. It was also hard to date anyone when she never had the chance to go out and meet anyone.

 

Was she meant to live life like this forever even when her sister took the throne? She really hoped not. As the years had gone by, Yongsun had grown impatient. She wanted freedom. She didn't want to be a princess — she just wanted to be a person.

 

Today they would leave this small town in the northern side of the country bordering close to China. Tomorrow they would be back in Seoul to attend yet another one of her father's important meetings with the government. As King it was his duty, and as the daughter of the king, it was Yongsun's duty to be present.

 

The dust behind the limousine had settled. The paved road made it for a clearer view of the countryside and at least for now, Yongsun could distract herself with thoughts of jumping out of the moving vehicle and running across the green grassy plains. Anything to take her away from this life of loneliness and captivity.



 

“Cut!” Moon PD shouted through the megaphone in her hand. “We got the dance, let's move on to close up shots.”

 

The pop star standing across from the director sighed deeply. The boredom could be read on her face from where the director was but it instantly changed into a smile when the camera moved closer to her. Director Moon Byulyi was used to dealing with pop stars like this girl. They hated the constant retakes and how long it took to get everything, but it was necessary to get the best shots.

 

Despite how tired and bored of this the girl was, at least she wasn't a pain in the to direct and deal with it. She only needed a few close up shots of her and the filming would be done for the day. Byulyi always felt a great sense of satisfaction after directing scenes everyday for as long as she had to film a music video.

 

Filming, directing, writing down scenes and screenplays were Moon Byulyi's passion. It was the one thing that kept her from dealing with life at home growing up. Being the youngest out of five siblings was tough. Her parents spent most of the day working to take care of the household and her siblings being older than her were too busy dealing with their own things.

 

Growing up, Byulyi could never claim that something was specifically hers. Everything was a hand me down from her clothes to her shoes — even toys and the one bed she had until she was 18. She learned to fend for herself from a young age. She loved movies and would sit in front of the television watching any movie that would air.

 

Byulyi started off writing her own movies. Stories of ninjas, dinosaurs, cowboys and indians, giant robots, princesses and magical lands — anything that could take her away from the real world and into a wonderful world where she controlled everything.

 

It wasn't until her eleventh birthday that little Byulyi could finally claim something of her own. It was on a Christmas Eve that her uncle gave her a gift that would change her life forever, a camera. It was small, big enough for her to hold with two hands without it being heavy. The joy and excitement she felt upon opening her gift brought tears to her eyes.

 

Her uncle understood her passion. He had seen it and he had given her the one thing that would help her continue on with it. She had thanked him while hugging him tightly. From that day forward, Byulyi began filming everything she could with her camera. She created her own short movies. Got her friends from school to star in her movies and help her create the sets and props she needed for them.

 

Even though now that she was one of the biggest music directors with the top of the line cameras at her disposal, Byulyi still kept her old camera with her. It was the most precious item she possessed. While she had achieved her dream of being a director, her ambition had not died in the least bit. She knew there was something big that she would be a part of and her camera would be there to capture it all.

 

“Cut!” She shouted once again. “That's it, that's a wrap. We will continue this tomorrow by the capitol building. 8 am on the dot tomorrow.”



 

The road outside the capitol building in Seoul was usually filled with cars going by on a typical Monday morning, but today it was filled with a wave of people in orange jumpsuits with signs raised above their heads. This was the biggest march of protests against the United Republic of Korea's government and king. Environmentalists had been doing great work to help save the planet from the pollution that rotted many areas of the world.

 

URK was a modern powerful country but its laws lacked the ability to help keep the planet safe. Companies could easily dump their waste into the land, rivers and even sea. Despite their efforts, Environmental had had enough of the government doing little to help itself when it came to protecting mother nature. This march was a protest, a movement to finally seek change and with the king having one of his most important meetings with the government today, this was their chance to get him to finally listen.

 

Among the Environmental activist was one young leader from the city of Jeonju. Jung Wheein had been leading the charge to save her city, country and world from pollution and everything that was harmful to the planet and everyone living in it. Wheein had lost everyone she loved due to the mishandling of chemicals in the city's river.

 

Her two older sisters, her mother and eventually her grandmother had all been poisoned by the chemical plants near their home dumping everything into the river. Wheein had been incredibly lucky herself to avoid the same fate but at what cost. Her mother was her world, and her grandmother her rock. Her older sisters were kind and loving and always took good care of her.

 

Wheein was only 11 years old when she lost everyone she loved dearly. The images of her sick mother, grandmother and sisters were forever engraved in her mind. Wheein always wondered why she had been the only one to survive. It wasn't fair. Life wasn't fair.

 

Her father had taken her with him after their deaths. She would spend every other weekend with him but suddenly it had become permanent. He had all the means necessary to take care of Wheein, but he was never there. He was always working or going out to bars to meet women to bring home. None of the women were ever fond of Wheein. She was just a nuisance in their potential future husband's life.

 

It wasn't until Wheein went to high school that she was able to learn what she could do to help end the pollution and mistreatment of their planet and its resources. Environmental had created a youth group at her school and Wheein was eager to join. The students in the group became a second family to her and she became an activist at her young age in her hometown.

 

Her passion shone like a light in a dark tunnel. She needed her voice to be heard and so Wheein took the lead of the group and helped make change in Jeonju. Her life as an activist and Environmentalist would change everything for her and now years later she found herself in the biggest march she had ever been a part of.

 

Wheein chanted alongside her fellow Environmentalists while waving a sign in the air. The police had set up a barrier to try and contain them and for now it held steady. Environmental and its marchers would wait for the king to arrive. He would see them now and he would hear them.



 

“I made you Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes, your favorite!” Hyejin smiled placing the fluffy pancake on her daughter's plate. The little girl smiled at her mother and grabbed her small fork to poke the fluffy pancake.

 

Hyejin set the pan back on the stove and turned off the heat. It brought her such joy to see her daughter enjoy her breakfast. She moved to take a seat next to her daughter and eat her own breakfast before having to leave for work. Her driver Jungmo and his husband Woomo would be here soon. Woomo was her daughter's nanny and would take care of her while Hyejin was away at work.

 

Mother and daughter ate peacefully in silence — Hyejin making sure to wipe any syrup around her baby's face if needed. Simple moments like this filled the young mother's heart with joy. It was everything she wished for and longed for growing up.

 

Ahn Hyejin was born rich. Everything she ever needed was provided to her with ease by her father. Everything that was material at least for the love and warmth of a father and mother was something they could never provide her with. Her father was a good man, he was honest and hard working. But working hard meant he was married to running his company and not really taking care of the issues at home.

 

As for Hyejin's mother, well it was clear she had married her husband for his money. She would never be home to take care of Hyejin or see if her daughter needed anything. The woman figured that's what the nanny was paid to do and she could spend her days shopping and mingling with all the other rich women of her social circle.

 

Every time Hyejin wanted their attention, their affection, she was met with nothing. It was because of this that she focused on her studies and graduating from high school to head to college and graduate with a degree in business. She wanted to find her own way and make her own money so that when she had a family she could take care of them but provide more than just the financial aspect of it.

 

Starting a business had been easier than Hyejin expected it to be. Unknown to her until everything happened, her mother had been cheating on her father with a younger man and using her father's money to support him and herself. The stress of work and the company, alongside with the infidelity of her mother had driven Hyejin's father to the darkest of places. Hyejin had been lucky to not be the one to have found him with a gun next to his hand and pool of blood around his head.

 

After his death, every penny that her father had he had left to Hyejin. She was the sole heir of everything and he left his wife with not even a dime to her name. The woman lost everything that day, her man, her life, and her sanity. She couldn't claim losing a daughter since she had lost her long ago.

 

It was because of this that Hyejin promised herself that the day she had a child of her own she would be the best and most loving mother she could be to her child. Having a child of her own had not been easy at first. Hyejin dedicated her time to building up her company and making it a success. She had no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter