ONE

The Wingman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Dahyun knows a lot of things.

 

She might tend to be dumb a couple of times, but she isn't naive. Being observant is normal for her, since she (believe it or not,) grew up as a quiet kid. She used to be so quiet, that she actually got known for her silence at some point. Because of this, she learned to be observant. To be conscious of her surroundings. To always know what's happening around her.

 

So when Son Chaeyoung suddenly pulled her to the janitor's closet, she had an idea on what the younger girl was gonna say. 

 

"You know something, don't you?" Chaeyoung said, holding Dahyun's wrists with her bare hands. She's making an attempt to intimidate the older girl. Despite the sudden action, Dahyun gave a mysterious grin.

 

"What?" The pale girl said, tilting her head. Chaeyoung shook her head. "You know what I mean."

 

"I really don't?" Dahyun innocently said. "Am I supposed to know something."

 

"Earlier!" Chaeyoung exclaimed. "When we played truth or dare."

 

"Yeah, what about it?" 

 

The smaller girl let out a frustrated sigh, now letting go of Dahyun's wrists. "Momo dared me to slap Mina. Then I slapped her too hard, and you said, 'Chaeyoung, why don't you just kiss it better?' and then you had an evil smile on your face."

 

Dahyun went silent for a moment. A million thoughts ran in her mind.

 

"Yes. And then?"

 

Chaeyoung's frown got deeper — if that was even possible — and she shook Dahyun's shoulders. "You know something! I know you do!"

 

Dahyun, in fact, does know something.

 

But she's just not sure about it. So she keeps it to herself, and assumes that she's not correct without an actual statement from Chaeyoung.

 

"I don't know anything."

 

Chaeyoung stared at Dahyun's eyes intently, before finally giving up. She lets out a defeated sigh, leaning on the wall for support. Chaeyoung knocks a couple of items in the room down, but she didn't care. Dahyun looked at the younger girl in confusion.

 

"What's bothering you?"

 

"How do you know something's bothering me?" asked Chaeyoung, now frowning because she did not get the response that she wanted from the older girl. 

 

"Because I do. Duh." Dahyun proudly said. "Now tell me what's going on."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter