TWO

The Wingman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh my god, I knew it!" Dahyun exclaimed for the fifth time today.

 

It was currently lunch time for the students of JYP Academy. Each year level sat on their respective eating areas, putting Dahyun and her friends on the dining tables near the food stalls.

 

"See? I told you! You knew something!" Chaeyoung told her, taking a seat as she placed her plate on the table. 

 

After Dahyun screamed earlier in the Janitor's Closet, Chaeyoung's been both panicked and relieved. Relieved, because she has finally been able to tell someone about her crush on Mina. (Which, by the way, she kept for a year) 

 

Panicked, because that someone was Kim Dahyun. 

 

It wasn't like she didn't trust Dahyun. No — it wasn't that at all. Dahyun, despite being a whole mess, was actually very reliable. She knew how to lie her way through things. She's able to change her facial expressions without any difficulty, making her someone who could keep secrets very well.

 

But Dahyun was ingenious. She somehow always manages to find ways to get what she wants. She may not excel academically, but she was extremely observant.

 

That makes it difficult for Chaeyoung.

 

Now that Dahyun knew about Chaeyoung's secret, it's all that she's thought of the whole day. The thought of Chaeyoung liking Mina and Mina possibly liking Chaeyoung back never left her mind. (Emphasis on the word possibly. She isn't sure yet, she hasn't gathered enough evidence to say that Mina does like Chaeyoung.)

 

"When did it start?" Dahyun said, also taking a seat.

 

"I… I..." Chaeyoung stuttered, not knowing what to say to the other girl, who was patiently waiting for an answer. Chaeyoung could only sigh. "I don't know when specifically. It just happened last year." 

 

Actually, Chaeyoung does know when it happened. 

 

Last year. In the beginning of November. She and Dahyun were in the Art Room, working on the props for the Theater Club's grand play at the end of the month, and the Art Club was assigned to design whatever needed to be designed for the play.

 

Mina accidentally hit Chaeyoung with a paintbrush (Mina swears she aimed at Tzuyu), causing Mina to be worried for the younger girl. Chaeyoung assured Mina that she was alright, but Mina insisted on checking the area she hit to make sure that she wasn't badly hurt. 

 

That day, Mina's concern made so much impact Chaeyoung. Maybe too much, because now Chaeyoung has a stupid crush on the girl.

 

"It's kind of obvious that you liked her." Dahyun commented. "Anyone who doesn't see it is as dense as a rat."

 

Chaeyoung slapped Dahyun's arm, making the latter wince. "Rats are smart! And are you calling Mina a rat?"

 

"Maybe." Dahyun jokingly said, earning another slap from Chaeyoung. "Being smart doesn't mean you aren't oblivious. I'm pretty sure it's the less smart people that aren't dense."

 

"Mhm. Maybe that's why you got my hints but Mina didn't."

 

Dahyun gasped, placing her right arm on her chest, as if she was offended by Chaeyoung's words. "Did you just call me stupid?"

 

"Maybe." Chaeyoung mocked.

 

Their conversation ends, now settling into silence. Dahyun took as sip of her milkshake, while Chaeyoung was focused on her spaghetti.

 

 

 

 

 

It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter