Destiny

We're All in This Together


'You and I who stood and faced each other beneath the cherry blossoms
Is no coincidence
Just like this season, it was beautiful destiny
Just like the promise we shared beneath the cherry blossoms
Our hearts won’t change
When we met each other on that dazzling day is no coincidence
It’s no coincidence, it was us who were dreaming of it'

 

 

 

 

 

The excitement after finishing recording their Comeback Show went down the drain when their management told them what happened. They didn't see it coming. All they know is they're finally getting to meet WIZ*ONEs once again and be able to share what they worked hard on for the last months. But it won't happen. And worst, it may never happen.

Silence filled the room. Unusual for the usual noisy girls. No words were uttered, tears were shed instead. Silent tears. They comfort one another and held on to each other. After a few moments, Eunbi, their leader spoke up.


"What will happen to us? I mean, what are we going to do now?", she asked as she glanced at her emotional members. She tried so hard to be strong for her members. Being the leader of the group, she owned up the responsibility to be reliable in times like this. Hard times. 


"Right now, all we can do is wait. Just stay in your dorm. Don't go out without permission. It's what's best for you girls."

"We're releasing the album next week. We worked hard for it. Our fans are waiting too."

"We know that. But this is for your own good. No one wanted this to happen but we have to deal with it. We're sorry but we have to cancel your comeback."


The tears were not silent anymore. After realizing the current situation, they just held on to each other tighter and comforted one another even more. Eunbi put her head down. She doesn't know what to say but she knew that she needed to be strong for her members. They need her. A tap from her shoulder made the leader look up. With no words, the second eldest stayed beside Eunbi. Sakura then wrapped her arm on Eunbi's shoulder. That moment, the leader thought she can let go of her emotions. She leaned her head on Sakura's shoulder and allowed her tears to fall. Sakura gently caressed Eunbi's head. 

The emotional atmosphere was interrupted when the girls were instructed to go back to their dorm. One by one, they got up and head to their van. Eunbi gave a tap on the back to her members as she lead them inside. The leader was the last to hop in. The ride to their dorm was silent. Eunbi, who is sitting beside the driver looked back on her members to check on them. Most of them have their eyes closed, sleeping or trying to sleep, wishing that what they heard earlier was just a dream. Others looked outside blankly still in disbelief on the sudden turn of events. Eunbi found herself helpless once more. She let out a deep sigh.

As soon as they hopped off the van, Wonyoung clinged on Eunbi's arm. Minju held Sakura's hand. Yujin stayed close to Hyewon. Yena and Yuri hugged each other. Chaewon was beside Hiichan. Chaeyeon wrapped her arm around Nako. Seeing the situation, Eunbi held the maknae's hand before speaking.


"Let's stay in their dorm", she said while giving a concerned look on their youngest.


The girls stayed in the living room. Everyone shared glances once in a while as if waiting for someone to speak. Eunbi never left Wonyoung's side. She's worried for their maknae. Hyewon kept tapping Yujin's head like a cute puppy. 

"Do you like to eat? I'll cook something", Chaeyeon asked trying to change the atmosphere.


No one responded.


"I'll cook ramyeon", Chaeyeon said before heading to the kitchen. 

"I'll help you", Nako said.


Chaeyeon and Nako headed to the kitchen while the rest stayed in the living room. Yujin took her phone. Eunbi immediately spoke.


"Don't search about it. Don't...", she uttered.

"Why? Is it true?", Yujin asked.

"I don't know. All I know is... we did not do anything wrong."

"Then why are they cancelling the comeback?", Wonyoung asked.

"They are just protecting us."


There was silence once again. Yena broke the silence.


"Let's not overthink. We are clueless right now so let's wait for the company's instruction. Eunbi-unnie is right, we are innocent. All we did was chase for our dreams. We worked hard with the hope of debuting. We did. We're IZ*ONE. I'm holding on to that. It's us, 12."

"That's right! IZ*ONE is the 12 of us. Let's calm down first. It's the time for us to be there for each other even more because right now, it's all we got, one another", Sakura said.

"Don't read comments. If possible, avoid anything about it. I'm here for you. You can tell me your thoughts, don't keep it to yourselves. Let's be strong", Eunbi said.


Chaeyeon and Nako served the ramyeon they cooked.


"Let's eat!"


The girls gathered around the table. They looked at one another and forced a smile. 


"Are we just going to look at the food? I'm hungry", Hyewon said.


Chaeyeon laughed. The others forced their laughter.


"Even at a situation like this, Kwangbae's love for food can't be stopped", Chaeyeon commented.


The girls ate. For a moment, they forgot the issue that arose all of a sudden. They were happy.


"I won't trade anything for this. I'm happy to be part of IZ*ONE with all of you", Minju uttered then she suddenly burst to tears.

"Yah! Minju..."

"Our cry baby."

"It's okay."

"Just like what our song said, 'When we met each other on that dazzling day is no coincidence... it was a beautiful destiny'. We were meant to be IZ*ONE, to meet each other, it's our destiny", Yuri said.


Eunbi placed her hand in the middle, the rest followed after. 


"Let's face this together. Our destiny. Who are we?"

"I, I, IZ*ONE!"


Hugs, kisses, and I love yous followed after. Despite the uncertainy, the girls were certain that they were meant to be together. In the end, the mood became lighter since they heard the unfortunate news. They are determined to go through this as one. 


"Let's order chicken", Hyewon said in the middle of their emotional huddle.

Laughter finally filled the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'You and I who held each other’s hands tightly with fluttering hearts 
is no coincidence
It’s destiny that we have been waiting for long time'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-END-

 

 

 

 

 

 


I just want to say...

 

"Thank you for coming back, IZ*ONE! 

Thank you for enduring the hard times.

Thank you for working hard during Fiesta promotions.

Let's make more memories together."

 

IZ*ONE meeting WIZ*ONE is no coincidence too, it's destiny.