Fall

Beautiful Chaos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beneath this endless sky…where are you right now? Who did you meet today? What did you talk about? Where did you go? When was the last time you thought about me? Who are you in love with?



 

I closed my eyes as I took a deep breath before I opened the door. This class room, I was here….we were here. I open my eyes as I scan the entire surrounding and I can’t help but smile realizing that nothing really changed, except me. I walk towards the desk where I used to sit…suddenly the memories come rushing right before my eyes. I can hear the laugh and the giggles of my classmates…the steps echoing the corridors, and for the first time in a very long time, I felt as if I was 18 again.



 

We were all just some teenagers, figuring out what we wanted to be. But everything changed when I met her. It’s crazy to think how one person can change you, can affect you like no one else. Although fate didn’t take our side and we had more bad memories than good ones, I always find myself coming back to her. I was in love with her, and I am still…and I don’t think I can ever unlove her. Sometimes I wonder if she really felt the same way about me, after all that happened, I hope she did.



 

She burned holes in my chest that no one can fill but her. I know one day she will find her way back to me. But maybe I’m just making a fool of myself by thinking there’s a slight possibility that that will happen. But after all, I was always the one who’s optimistic.



 

It was 10 years ago when I first saw her; the memories are vaguely sculpted right in the back of my mind. She was only 17 years old then but the reality that she has to constantly deal with was even larger than her.



 

*



 

10 years ago



 

I was a junior transferee back then. My dad got recently promoted so we have to move to a different place. I was really excited because the new school means meeting new friends, new textbooks and new experience. Everyone’s ecstatic about being reunited with their own cliques. The girls in my class however were so absorbed in talking about some certain girl in my class and all I hear is….



 

“Did you get a chance to talk to Mina today?”



 

“She’s really attractive…”



 

But I really didn’t care at that time. I was more concerned about my Math test just like any other student.



 

I sat in the park alone to avoid the noise in the classroom. I took a deep breath as I put the paper on my lap. My subconscious was praying to God that I passed this one. Math has not been so good to me. Though I worked hard and stayed up all night studying, I still ended up confused and left out.



 

I turned my gaze slowly to the upper right side of the paper. My frustration grew even more when I saw my score. Damn it.



 

“8 out of 30!?” I guess my best wasn’t good enough then” I said to myself.



 

I tried flipping the page again and again. I groan realizing that even if I stare at it for hours and hours, the score wouldn’t change itself. I bent down and hugged my knees to suppress the feeling of defeat.



 

“Don’t be too hard on yourself,” My eyes went wide when I heard someone. I quickly stood up and examined the park. I thought I was getting delusional knowing I was the only one here. Until I saw someone leaning on the tree. She was looking so calm, so at ease. I furrowed my eyebrows then walked my way towards her.



 

“Not when I got an 8. I totally have the right to be hard on myself,” I blurted out. I can hear the disappointment in my words. Maybe I just needed someone who would listen to me.



 

She opened her eyes slowly and then fixed her brown eyes at me. She giggled and then shook her head. I don’t know but I felt offended. So I ended up asking her what score she got. I was standing in front of her as she handed me her test paper. She got 30 out of 30. She aced the math test. How could someone do that? I asked myself. My face flushed crimson red as I handed her back the paper. Her eyes were closed again. I stared at my feet, hoping she wouldn’t notice how embarrassed I was.



 

“Sorry,” I turned my back and then walked slowly away from her to avoid the awkward situation.



 

“Hey,” she said. My heart stopped for a moment. I was really nervous. I turned around and saw her smiling from ear to ear at me. I swallowed the lump forming in my throat, trying to say something.



 

“What?” I didn’t really notice the name on her test paper, but still I knew exactly who she was. I knew it by heart.



 

“Sit down?” For a very unknown reason, the world seems to stop. All I can see is her; everything else was a complete blur. Her eyes were sparkling, I was completely swept off my feet. My blood was rushing to my head. It felt as if everybody could hear my heart beating.



 

I nodded and smiled at her. We sit down in complete silence for what seems like forever. But I didn’t really mind. The silence was supposed to be awkward knowing that we didn’t really know each other but it was the complete opposite. The silence was surprisingly comforting. I suddenly forgot about everything else…like time doesn’t exist at all. Oh how I wish I could just stay like this forever.



 

I stare at her, studying her whole face. How could anyone do nothing but still manage to look stunning? Her eyelashes are so long. Although there’s a dark circle under her eyes, she still looks insanely beautiful. And her lips, it looks so soft and red. Everyone’s description about her was right.



 

“So, you’re Myoui Mina, right?” I asked, breaking the silence. She opened her eyes again, her face was unreadable. “You’re smart, huh?” I added.



 

“Well at least I don’t get 8 points…” we both chuckled. “What’s your name?” she asked.



 

“I’m Im Nayeon,” I looked down to my knotted fingers to hide my burning cheeks, “So, I guess you’re good at everything? No flaws at all..”



 

She kinked an eyebrow and smirked, “Me? That’s not true. I mean maybe there are just some things where you’re good at, and there’s things you’re bad at. But I don’t really think I am as good as you expect me to be.”



 

“Uh, no way! Don’t deny it. You’re so carefree” It’s true, she looks so confident.



 

“I guess, I really don’t like being popular..you know. With both girls and guys here in school.”



 

“What!?” I asked in disbelief. How could anyone hate being popular? Everyone wants to be popular just like her. “Why do y-“ before I could continue she cut me off.



 

“I don’t like girls who are unfaithful,” I was caught off guard when she said that. A lot of questions entered my head but I couldn't say them. I thought she was just playing around but seeing her face so serious, I can tell that she really meant it.



 

“What? Look who’s talking. Don’t you yourself have a lot of guys and even girls if I must say…” she suddenly grinned. I wish she would smile more because she definitely looks breathtaking when she does.



 

“Believe me; although I may not look like it…I will only love one person. I am loyal.”



 

“Really?” I raised an eyebrow “Okay then, let’s just say the person you love cheats on you. What will y- “



 

She leans in and puts her hand around my neck. My eyes went wide because I totally didn’t expect that at all.



 

“I will probably kill her,” she fixed her eyes right through mine as if she was scrutinizing my soul. We stared at each other for a moment. I was supposed to be scared because she didn’t take off her hand on my neck, but I didn’t. I was more perplexed that she showed this side of her. She thought she looked so tough but I can see the vulnerability right through her. Her eyes, although they look amazing, I feel the indifference…they look blank.



 

“Just kidding,” she said grinning. And just like that she grabbed the bag beside her and walked away from me. I blink rapidly, absorbing what just happened. I was frozen for a moment until I found myself calling for her name.



 

“Hey, Mina!” she turned around and then furrowed her eyebrows waiting for me to say something.



 

“You can tell me your problems anytime” I blurted before I could bite my tongue. I don’t know where that came from but I feel the need to say it.



 

She smiled again, but this time I didn’t really believe it. It looked as if it was forced.



 

“I don’t have any,” she walked slowly before turning around again, “Problems…are something that only living people have, right?” I stared at her blankly trying to comprehend what she means. Was she saying that she’s dead? I don’t know but I couldn’t really think straight at that moment.



 

“Goodbye, Nayeon” she took a deep breath and then waved at me. My heart was throbbing the whole time. I haven’t felt this way before. I watch her as she disappears right before my eyes.



 

From that moment, I thought to myself that if I were just to leave her alone…she looked as if she was about to fall apart.

 

There was an unexplainable aura around her. It was a mist that wouldn’t rise. A state of blankness that she couldn’t see herself through. I didn’t even know exactly who she was but I felt like I needed to look after her. To support her. I wanted to talk to her even more, to know more about her. At this point, I found myself drawn to Myoui Mina.




 

*



 

I was elected as the class president of our class. Obviously, I didn’t have to flatter myself of the thought that they elected me because I was responsible enough. I know everyone just doesn’t want any responsibilities so they end up electing the transferee which is me. I didn’t have the chance to reject it so I ended up saying yes anyways.



 

I turned to my left to see what the brown-eyed girl was doing. She was seated in the rightmost corner of the classroom beside the window. I wasn’t really surprised when I saw her looking outside staring blankly at the sky. She acts like she doesn’t care about anything at all. I don’t know if I should love that side of her or not. Sometimes, I wonder why she gets high scores on exams when all she ever does is either sleep or drift in her own little world.



 

P.E. was our next period. Our teacher told the class to group themselves into four groups. Since I was the “class president” I wasn’t included. The teacher told me to just write down the winner and the loser of the game. I sigh in relief knowing that sport isn’t my thing. Sometimes I think to myself that electing a “class president” is just an excuse for the teachers to not do their job.



 

The whole marathon game was just going smoothly until it was Chaeyoung, Dahyun, Mina and her bestfriend Jeongyeon’s turn. They were all doing an amazing job. Well just as I expected, all the girls in the class were cheering for Mina, including myself. Unlike the other girls though who are going hysterics, I chose to keep calm. I was just standing there holding my teacher’s record book, I was supposed to not be biased since I was the scorer but I can’t help myself but route for Mina. Jeongyeon’s the one leading but Mina’s not that far from her. Not long enough, the brown eyed girl was speeding up and passed through Jeongyeon, winning the game. I can’t help but smile seeing her raising her hand indicating that she won. I was just enjoying staring at Mina when one of my classmates came u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter