Detention

One-Shots for Everyone

"Aaaand that's a new record!" 

Chou Tzuyu took her time catching her breath before walking back to her senior and coach, Bambam. She's part of school track team, along with Ryujin and Hyunjin, who's both bickering about who finished running first. 

"HAH I BEAT YOU, SHIN RYUJIN!" 

"WHAT? IT WAS OBVIOUSLY ME WHO WON!"

"NO, IT WAS ME!"

"NO, ME!!"

Bambam blew his whistle so loud that the two of them will get off each other. Ryujin got Hyunjin in a headlock while the latter desperately clings on Ryujin's waist. Though they were separated, their fiery glares have not died down.

"Hey, it was actually Tzuyu who won."

Bambam chuckles as his own remarks, leaving both of the girls still in a silenced argument. Tzuyu, however, had her hands up like she had nothing to do with the situation.

"Yeah, I did, but not on their ongoing bet."

Tzuyu smirked at their hilarious antics. They all went to the bench to get some water handed by Nayeon and Jeongyeon, who's also their seniors. 

"I thought Ryujin called off their bet?" 

Nayeon hands Tzuyu a bottle, having Tzuyu chug all of the water down in one go. Ryujin and Hyunjin does the same while Bambam and Jeongyeon were chatting sbout something, probably of how Nayeon tripped herself at the parking lot earlier. 

"It really doesn't matter who wins the bet. The loser could just take Heejin out on a date the next day the winner does." 

Ryujin and Hyunjin scoffs at Tzuyu's hilarious comment, leaving their seniors laughing at the sudden realization. 

And so the bickering continued as their practice ended with the sun setting down. Tzuyu bid her goodbyes to them as she excused herself. She almost forgot to change into a clean set of clothes. As she hurriedly took her shirt off, she sets in down in a bench outside their locker room. Tzuyu cannot bear the sweat her body's feeling as she wiped herself with a towel. 

After cleaning up, Tzuyu left the school grounds without noticing that she had forgotten something. 

The following day came by so soon for Ryujin and Hyunjin. Both of them were so sore from yesterday's practice which mainly involved bickering and getting each other's throats. For Tzuyu, however, it was like nothing. She had gotten used to it from all the trainings she had since grade school. 

Tzuyu sees Ryujin and Hyunjin walking through the school corridor like zombies looking for their lockers. 

"Hey you two don't look well. Did Heejin find someone else already?" 

Tzuyu teases them for a bit to get a good reaction from both of them. They immediately face Tzuyu at the same time before facing each other as they dashed through the halls to find Heejin. 

"TELL HEEJIN I SAID HI!"

Tzuyu chuckles at herself as she sees a blonde haired girl walk past through her. She was really fragrant that Tzuyu couldn't help but notice her. 

"Damn, she smells great."

Tzuyu did not expect that her thoughts would speak out. The blonde girl turned faces her, having her hair whipped on Tzuyu's face, with a confused expression. Tzuyu definitely finds her pretty up close. 

"I'm sorry, did you say something?"

The girl then turns around to face her decently like how two people would normally talk. 

Tzuyu unconsciously checked her out. She can't believe that the girl already looked this pretty with wearing only their school uniform with her hair untied. She had also noticed that she has a badge of the student council, dangling with her ID.

"Eyes up here, student."

Tzuyu was facing down at the girl since she herself was pretty tall compared to the latter who had to lift Tzuyu's chin back up to face her. 

"S-sorry. Uh I--"

Tzuyu was about to say something stupid to the other but thankfully got saved by the bell. 

"Classes are starting. You should go." 

Tzuyu nodded as she power walked through the halls, thinking that the girl will forget her flushed face from either embarrasment or maybe something else.

Math was her first class and boy, was she grateful to have Dahyun and Chaeyoung on her side. Not to mention Mr. Kim is always running late.

"Hey, Dubu. Do you know who's the blonde girl from the student council?"

"Huh? Which one? The tall dumb one or the clumsy pretty one?"

Chaeyoung smacked Dahyun in the head as a warning about badmouthing their seniors. 

"Do not talk like that to our seniors."

"Shut up, just because you're having a major crush on a third year senior Myoui Mina, the treasurer of the student council, you can't deny that what I said was accurate."

"And just because you're always heart-eyes for the popular leader of the dance club Hirai Momo, does not mean that you have the right to say bad things to them."

Tzuyu rolls her eyes at the stupidity her friends are having. She asks Jungeun and Jiwoo instead, one of her close friends aside from the stupid duo.

"Do you guys know who's who in the student council?"

"Ask Jiwoo. I only know the famous ones."

Jiwoo excitedly shown something sort of a handbook not official from school. It was about the student council members. 

"Here you go. Please don't start from the last page."

"I'll probably won't ask why but thanks for the, um, brochure?"

"It's all about Jiwoo's big fat crush on their auditor."

"HEY, KIM JUNGEUN!"

Tzuyu slowly took the handbook and read it. She hasn't even read much of it yet but she had already found what she was looking for.

"Ah, so it was the Vice President, Minatozaki Sana."

"Good morning, class."

Tzuyu quickly returned the handbook to Jiwoo's desk as their first class started. Math hasn't exactly been enjoyable for her but she's not having a problem with their teacher,  unlike most of his students. Mr. Kim is really strict when it comes to his teachings and the behaviour of his students. Tzuyu's grades were decent, maybe even a little above average. She rarely gets distracted in class but clearly, today's an exception.

She cannot stop thinking about how beautiful her senior Minatozaki Sana is.

Everything about her is beautiful, that's how Tzuyu thinks, at least. Out of the two years she's been at this school, how come she had never noticed the girl once? How can she not notice those gorgeous golden locks in display that makes everyone in awe? Those sparkly eyes filled with sincerity makes Tzuyu want to keep her safe at all times. Her milky white skin that's not even close to being pale fuels Tzuyu's curiosity on how must it feel to touch. And her lips, only those pair of lips lessens Tzuyu's sanity that she might k--

"Chou Tzuyu."

Mr. Kim's voice was stern. Chaeyoung was trying to shake Tzuyu from her thoughts while Dahyun was avoiding eye contact with Mr. Kim.

"I do not have the time to put up with your daydreaming. Go to the student council at once and ask for detention."

"But I--"

"Do you want to make it a suspension?"

His voice sends shivers down everyone's spine. Honestly, Tzuyu wouldn't mind getting suspension for a week or two since she had always find school boring and would rather much likely practice on track. But now, knowing that her reason to stay was part of the student council, she would gladly receive detention rather than enduring a week or two not seeing that blonde.

She shook her head as she grabs her stuff and went outside the room with a smile, leaving the class a bit shocked.

"I wonder who's the blonde Tzuyu's interested in."

"Pfft, she's obviously not just interested. I think she's in love."

The student council was packed with several activities; doing paperworks, arranging books, sorting stuff from the Lost & Found box, and of course, dealing students in detention. Tzuyu's not surprised she sees Hyunjin and Ryujin there.

"Not that both of your presence surprised me, but why are you guys here already? It's still like halfway through first period."

They both have their mouths agape upon hearing the familiar teasing voice. 

"Hyunjin here was being all crazy trying to keep me away from Heejin!"

"I couldn't risk the moment you would ask her out on a date when in fact I won the race!"

"NO, IT WAS OBVIOUSLY ME WHO WON THE RACE SO I GET TO ASK HER OUT FIRST!"

"WHY YOU--"

They were about to go into a fight again as Tzuyu tries to hold her arms both in each of her hands.

"Now, you two wouldn't wan--"

Hyunjin and Ryujin both wiggled their arms around Tzuyu tight grip. Tzuyu had both of her hands shoved away as she stumbled backwards, accidentally hitting someone else in the process.

She smells that same scent belonging to the person she had been daydreaming about this morning, but more coffee-like. As she turns around, she sees the same blonde girl earlier in the morning with her school uniform stained with coffee.

"I-i am so s-sorry."

Tzuyu abruptly apologized for the incident. Ryujin and Hyunjin stopped bickering as they hang their heads low, sensing that they were also involved in the situation. 

The Vice President tried wiping it off as her face remains stoic. She faces Tzuyu with a piercing glare as it makes Tzuyu shiver a little bit. Not that she's scared of the cute adorable appearance Minatozaki Sana is making but she is a little bit fearful for her life. 

"Please excuse me."

Sana leaves them as she walks her way to the bathroom, leaving the three of them guilty.

"I apologize in Ryujin's behalf on what just happened earlier, Tzuyu."

"What? Weren't you the one who started all of this?"

"You made me initiate this fight you turd!"

"Oh so you clearly admit that it was you who started it?"

Tzuyu had just let them bicker on their own this time. The adorable face Minatozaki is making when she's probably mad or upset was really so cute she wants to take a picture of her and save it as her lockscreen. She smiles at her own thoughts.

"Tzuyu, you're looking weird."

Ryujin commented at Tzuyu's expressions as they stopped fighting again. They clearly knew what's up with her and the VP of the student council.

"Hmmm, you're having a crush on Miss VP there, aren't you?"

Hyunjin wiggled her brows as Ryujin also gives her a teasing stare. 

"So what if I am?"

Tzuyu tries to counter their expected reactions about the matter but the two idiots may have something planned ahead.

"Then, you may have to thank us later."

Ryujin and Hyunjin stands up and left Tzuyu all alone. 

"HEY! WHERE ARE Y'A--"

"Detention. They having detention at the library."

Tzuyu got goosebumps as she heard that familiar voice again. 

"H-hi, I'm really sorry for what happened to your uniform."

Tzuyu scratched her nape and smiled foolishly at Sana. They remained silent for a few seconds which was very torturing for Tzuyu since Sana didn't immediately give her a response. 

Just then, Sana let out a hearty giggle which almost made Tzuyu swoon right there.

"You were just trying to stop those two troublemakers fighting so it's okay."

Tzuyu let out a big sigh before smiling at Sana.

"I really thought I'd be in bigger trouble."

"You're not. It's just detention with me."

Tzuyu swears she could feel her face blushing so she tries to look away. 

"R-right."

Sana lightly giggled at Tzuyu's cute reactions.

Minatozaki Sana is the Vice President of the student council. She in her last year of high school, along with Nayeon and Jeongyeon. And she's been liking this big baby of a junior of hers, Chou Tzuyu. 

Sana led them inside a room which she assumed was used by the dance club. 

"You can just sit in the couch or the floor whichever you prefer."

The well-ventilated place was full of mirrored walls with two big speakers on two of the corners and a table with a laptop beside the couch. Tzuyu wasn't even sure if she's currently in detention.

"U-um, how does detention work exactly? This is all new to me, really."

Sana decides to ignore her as she played a slow music she can dance to.

"Taking time to reflect on your actions."

"Right, but how am I supposed to reflect on my daydreaming? Do I have to write countless apology sentences?"

Sana laughs at her honesty. She takes off her jacket since she had felt hot inside. Tzuyu swears she almost had her jaw drop by itself the moment she sees her in a plain shirt, lowkey slow dancing in the room but another significant thing caught her attention more; Sana was wearing Tzuyu's shirt from last practice. She widens her eyes for a moment as she realizes she can use this to tease Sana.

"Is that my shirt?"

Tzuyu points at her with a smirk on her face. Sana shrugged.

"Found it in the lost and found. Usually shirts are washed and supposed to be donated but I found this cute and I had to wear something after the 'incident', Miss Chou."

Tzuyu again swears to God for the nth time that day how does this girl does get any more cuter that it makes her heart flutter maybe just a little bit. 

"Hm, must've left it yesterday at the locker room when I was changing."

Sana's face suddenly turned beet red when Tzuyu mentions her changing in the locker room yesterday. And boy, did Sana want to see that.

Tzuyu decides to walk up to Sana and decides to take her teasing a little bit further.

"What's wrong, princess? Your face is rosy red."

"I-i'm fine." Sana clears before choking up her love confessions for this giant. "You can have the shirt later if you want."

 "Can't I have it now?"

Tzuyu boldly walks to Sana closer as they stopped into a wall. 

"C-chou, remember I can do t-things much worse than detention."

"Is that supposed to be a warning? Besides, I am serving detention right now."

Sana gulped as she tries to look away from Tzuyu's teasing gaze before Tzuyu finally steps back, giving Sana some space to breathe.

"I think I know how to 'reflect' on my actions that got me here."

Sana raises one of her brows and folded her arms. She think that this girl might be up for another ruse as an excuse to again. "Forget that, I can just--"

"Go out with me."

"E-excuse me??"

"What?? You're the whole reason why I was daydreaming earlier. At least be responsible for it."

Tzuyu was looking dead serious that Sana realized what she had meant and Sana would be lying if she did not like this. 

But it still was an inappropriate way for a Vice President in the student council to deal detention like this so Sana tried to talk Tzuyu out of it for several hours that lasted like an eternity. 

Finally, detention was over.

"That was a weird way of asking me out, Tzuyu."

Tzuyu holds up their intertwined hands, making Sana all embarrased again for the nth time today.

"Yeah? Then why is this exactly happening??"

Tzuyu had to confess to Sana bluntly that Sana got so mushy and her heart fluttery the whole damn time Tzuyu was in detention. She basically said every compliment she had thought about in her daydreaming earlier. 

Although it unfortunately seemed like it was Sana who got through detention, she had no regrets.