Finally Found You

Beautiful Feeling

I like you. Those words I wanna let you know. Those words I would write in a piece of paper and try to give it to you but fails because of thinking you might reject me and that would hurt a little bit like a pinch in my stomach. How could I even tell you when fate won't let us even meet in the hallways or accidentally bump with each other along somewhere here or get together in the elevator. I always think it could happen even just for once but nah, it just won't.

 

 

"Excuse me, are you looking for someone?"

 

Somebody just asked and it ruined my daydreaming. I had to glare as I look up to see who was it. Oh, it was your friend. The one who's always with you which, I don't even know now if you guys are dating or you guys are just really close enough to act like those bromances I watch in TV.

 

I stood up and brushed the dust off my pants.

 

"Oh? You again? Waiting for Kai?" He chuckled and I had to roll my eyes.

 

"He already left. Like, an hour ago."

 

I didn't say a word and just glared at him then started walking away.

 

"Eh? Hey, I'm just kidding. He's on his way out now. Hey."

 

Whatever dude. I'm out of here and I need to quickly go to my spot to stare at him from afar over and over again.

 

It's always like that. Staring at him from afar. When will he ever notice me even just for a little? I'm growing tired because I always had to like all of them and get nothing but just a little bit of pain and annoyance and well, get tired of waiting for nothing.

 

He finally got out and I quickly saw him as they start walking away from the building. Oh gosh, I feel like a sasaeng fan waiting all day in front of their building just to get a glimpse of my idol, while in fact I always see him because we both work in the same company and in the same floor. Sigh. I couldn't just get enough. And... oh dear, it really feels like I'm a 'sasaeng' fan of him. But of course, not really. I act normal out but inside my cells were having some kind of chaos whenever I see him or get near him. Okay, calm down now self. I breathed in and out as they disappear from my sight and decided to finally go home after them.

 

 

Friday.

 

I was walking at the hallways going up to the rooftop for my lunch when I heard someone calling me from behind. I turn around and saw the guy you're always with.

 

"Hey, wait up, kid."

 

He walked up beside me.

 

"What do you want?"

 

"You." He said and that made me surprise a little bit but then I rolled my eyes and he laughed.

 

"Where are you going, kid?"

 

"My name's not kid, okay? It's Juhyeon."

 

"You going to the rooftop?"

 

"You guess."

 

"Well, I'll come with you."

 

I just glared at him and started walking upstairs at the back exit. It was silent until he asked a question again.

 

"Kai is on the rooftop."

 

"I kno-- I mean, really? Why would he go there?"

 

"I bet you already know why."

 

"N-not really. That's why I'm asking you."

 

He just chuckled. "Let's ask when we get there. Why aren't you taking the elevator anyway?"

 

"Because this is more fun."

 

"Fun? It's tiring. And it takes time."

 

"Whatever."

 

 

We came on the rooftop after minutes of walking and just as we're about to open the door towards the rooftop, you appeared in front of us. I got surprised and you too as both of our eyes widened when we saw each other.

 

"Hey, what are you doing here man? I've been looking for you." Your friend tapped you and put his arms around you. He started leading you away from the door and back to the rooftop.

 

I followed you two but kept a distance and stood up to look over down from the building and then up in the sky.

 

"Someone's also looking for you here." I heard your friend say and that made me shot him a look.

 

"Oops. I mean, to get some fresh air like you."

 

I stayed there for a little more minutes after they went down and went back to the office on time.

_ _ _ _

 

Several weeks passed by and this friend of yours has been interfering between us since then. I mean, he always talks to me about waiting for you and such but doesn't even give me information about you. He always approach me even though I always glare at him and act sulky and all but he keeps on following me and talking to me. That somehow, I started becoming used to his presence.

 

"Hey, Juhyeon!"

 

"What again?"

 

"Wanna grab some ice cream after work?"

 

"Go get it yourself."

 

"Kai's coming."

 

"Well, if I'm not busy."

 

He chuckled. "When will you ever gonna tell him about it?"

 

"About what?"

 

"I don't know. What you want to tell him for so long."

 

"That won't happen."

 

"Huh? Why not? You gonna stare at him forever and watch him snatch by other people? You sure about that?"

 

"Just..... talk to you later."

 

I went off back to my station as I saw you walking towards us. What your friend has told me made me have a little bit of realization. I didn't know why I am avoiding you whenever you're near or I had the chance to talk to you. I didn't know why I hide from you when this friend of yours is already trying to help me to get close to you. I always thought it's because you might judge me and I might be rejected by you. But, why not? At least I have told you what I feel. At least I have let you know that I like you. I breathed heavily and decided that this time around I will try to confess to you. Or maybe later if I can.

 

 

5:00 p.m.

 

 

"Oh? Juhyeon-ah!" I heard my name and turned to see you guys walking towards the bus stop. I saw your friend waving at me and you, as usual, with your blank face.

 

We waited for a minute for our bus and when it finally arrived, we hopped on. I found a seat somewhere and when the bus started moving, I saw your friend outside the bus station waving his hand while talking on his phone. My eyes widened and I had to stood up to look at him if it is real and saw you standing still in the aisle looking surprised as well while staring at your friend outside.

 

"Yah! Why did you leave us here? Aish, that punk! Yah!" I tried telling him from the window but then the bus went off.

 

You moved forward and sat at the back of me since I was sitting in a solo seat. It was silent, of course, and none of us were talking. The bus stopped in another station and a girl went aboard.

 

"Oh? Am I seeing it? Kai? Oh gosh, it's really you, Kai!" I heard the girl say and took the seat beside you.

 

"It's been so long, how have you been? Wow, look at you now."

 

"All good and the same. What about you? Working here too?" You asked her.

 

"Yes, I recently moved here for work. You also work here?"

 

You nod.

 

"Wow, you've grown so good-looking." She said and chuckled and I had to roll my eyes and make face whenever she laughs.

 

I had to pretend I wasn't listening and just make faces the whole time you guys were talking. The ride lasted for 20 minutes and as soon as the bus stopped, I stood up and went off.

 

"H-hey, wait up!" I heard you say from behind but I didn't turn to look and wait for you.

 

You both went down as well.

 

"Is this where you also get off?" The girl asked you as you got out.

 

"Uh, not really. Just had to go somewhere here." You said and that made me raised an eyebrow. So where do you live, dude? Why didn't you tell her so? Aren't you friends? Tch.

 

"Aahh. I see. Why don't we have some drinks for a while?" She offered.

 

"I'm good. Thank you. And I have someone with me."

 

"Oh? You do? Where?"

 

You pointed at me.

 

"Oh, hi. I'm Raehee."

 

I gave her a quick smile. "Juhyeon."

 

"Is she your girlfriend?" She asked as she looked at you and then at me with a smile.

 

I wish I could tell you yes and now back off of my boy. But I just can't and I won't. And because it's not.

 

 

I laughed awkwardly like a goat and you just smiled at her. What the heck does that smile mean? Ugh, why didn't you answer?

 

"N-no.. w-we are not." I waved my hands in front of her.

 

She just chuckled and patted me on my shoulder.

 

"I'll see you guys around. Enjoy your date. I mean, day." She laughed and then started walking away.

 

"W-wait, it isn't like that." I tried telling her but she just waved her hands goodbye while smiling.

 

You were already walking when I turn around to look at you. I jogged up and walked beside you without saying anything. It was silent, and it made me looked around because it was kinda unfamiliar, where we're going.

 

"W-where are we going? I thought we're gonna get some famous ice cream or a drink in this place?"

 

"We are." You answered.

 

"Is it far?"

 

"Just a few more blocks."

 

"This place kinda seems unfamiliar but feels familiar. Weird."

 

"It does?" You looked at me with your now soft facial expression and a slight smile. I just nod slowly.

 

 

A few minutes later, we finally arrived at the mini cafe as you entered the red door and was greeted by an old man.

 

"Is she the one?" He whispered at you and you just gave him a smile.

 

"Hello. Have a seat. What's your name?" The old man greeted and urge to take a seat near the counter.

 

"Uhm.. it's Juhyeon."

 

"Hi, Juhyeon. Coffee?"

 

"We're here for the famous ice cream you got there, Mr. Kim."

 

"Oh. Sure, sure. Fifteen minutes."

 

He chuckled and then disappeared into the kitchen.

 

"Do you always go here?"

 

"Hmm... I used to go here with someone when we're still kids."

 

"Eh? Who? The guy you're always with?"

 

"Nah. She's a girl. We used to be best friends for a really long time. But after she got an accident and lost almost all of her memories, they moved somewhere else. Since then, we had no communications and I wonder how can I let her remember me again."

 

"That's so sad." I frowned.

 

"But I saw her now and my heart was very happy. Thank goodness, she didn't change that much. But I don't think she recognizes me." You stopped and then turned and stared at me.

 

I blinked at you.

 

"Where is she now? Did you tell her already?"

 

You raised your hand and slowly reach for my head. I was looking at you weirdly and my heart starts to beat faster as your skin touches my head.

 

"W-what...are y-you doing?"

 

You moved a little bit some of my hair backwards.

 

"This is the scar she got from the accident."

 

"W-what?"

 

You stopped and looked directly into my eyes.

 

"..."

 

"Choi Juhyeon.." You smiled. That sincere smile of yours which is the first time I have ever seen.

 

"I finally found you."

 

I blinked, confused and puzzled. 

 

"It was you. The girl I'm talking about."

 

You slowly brushed your hands down to my cheeks until you're touching my lips already. My heart was beating so loud and fast, and my eyes so wide it might gonna pop out.

 

"W-wha..." I gulped as you leaned closer, and closer until our faces are an inch away from each other. I wanted to move back but I feel like I'm frozen.

 

Suddenly, you kissed my nose and that made my whole body froze like a statue. You slightly smiled and looked into my eyes. Now, I can't even hear myself breathing as you leveled your eyes into mine so slowly like we're in a move or something. You closed your eyes and so I did. And minutes later, you kissed my forehead.

 

"Please stay by my side from now on." You whispered onto my ears and you suddenly hugged me, burying me into your chest.