The Soul Stealer Codes: The Mission

Soul Stealer Verse

 

        The Soul Stealer Society was a powerful community of well trained ninjas who steal and regulate the mortal souls of the earth. The rules set by this society was nothing to mess around with, and as Yoochun sat atop the Eiffel Tower, glad to be away from Seoul for a little while, he contemplated the Soul Stealer Codes.

        There were few rules, most of them dealing with not being caught or being careful, but above all, there were two rules that Yoochun held in high importance and prominence. 

        Firstly, never delay or reject a mission. 

        Why would Yoochun ever reject a mission? Soul Stealing was one of the things in his life that made him feel accomplished, because with each soul he stole, he wrote a new piece of music. Music was his talent, his special power for capturing souls. His Instrument was five-staff music sheets. 

        Delaying missions were a different story. Unless he was injured and sick, there is no reason why he wouldn't take up a mission. 

        Second most important rule: don't fall in love with a Soul. 

        Yoochun almost laughed out loud as the cool air fluttered through his hair, wafting the strong scent of baguettes deep into the Korean's lungs. He knew falling in love was nearly inevitable, so he kept the rule high up on his list, but, as emotional as Yoochun was he also was a bit closed off. Yoochun's emotions could be easily swayed, but emotions of love? No... He was stoical and cold. 

        Ironic how he was in the City of Love, but he was avoiding even saying the word. 

        A light piano tune began to sing from his pocket and Yoochun stuck his hand into his pants to find his phone. 

        "Yoochun-ah!!" Yunho screamed on the other line. 

        "Oi!" Yoochun pulled the earpiece away from his ear a bit. "Hyung! Act your age!!" 

        "Where're you now?" he asked.

        "Paris," he answered. "You're costing us hundreds of dollars, hyung."

        Yunho chuckled. "What're you doing in France? No doubt sitting atop that famous sculpture?" 

        Yoochun scoffed. "Yeah. I'm at the Eiffel Tower. What do you need? You're seriously costing us a lot of money."

        "Oh chill!" Yunho said. "It's not like you don't make international calls to Yoohwan in America all the time!"

        "Yeah, but he's my brother, whom I only see once a year. You, I will see you in a couple weeks. I really don't need you adding to my bill."

        "But that's so--"

        "What do you need?" Yoochun was impatient now. He knew Yunho well enough. He wouldn't call just for the heck of it. He has a valid excuse right now, but he's just wasting time.

        "Check your email," Yunho answer solemnly. "Heechul's giving you a stealing case."

        "Why me??" Yoochun whined, stomping his foot like a little kid. 

        "Because the case is in Paris and you're already there. He said that if you really don't want to do it, he'll head out there in a week. But he wants you to at least tail the kid."

        "Kid?" He wasn't stealing a man's soul, but a child's?

        "Well... Not kid... He's your age. Just check your email!" 

        Yoochun hung up abruptly and checked his email using his phone. Cool, right? 

        "Kim Junsu," Yoochun breathed, eyeing the picture of a cute boy with golden brown hair, innocent eyes, and a cute smile. He was obviously Asian, but more specifically, his file said he was Korean. 

        Yoochun's heart sunk. This was the soul he was supposed to steal? It seemed so pure and clean. Why would they need to detain his soul on the dusty shelves in Seoul for? 

        As a reply to the email, Yoochun told Heechul to come out to Paris and capture the soul instead of Yoochun. 

        Within minutes, Heechul replied: "You know Yunho was kidding when he said I'd capture it for you, right? I'll be out there in a week, and when I get out there, I expect a glittery essence in the form of music, Park Yoochun."

        Yoochun bit his lip, and sighed. He had a week to find this soul and capture it. Gripping his phone tightly, he tried to breathe steadily as he agreed with himself that he broke, with full knowledge, the most two important rules of the Soul Stealer Code that he valued. 

        He was rejecting this mission, because he'd fallen in love with this soul at first sight. And he may or may not regret it in the long run. How long could he hide this from Heechul? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¯¯~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Yoochun was vigilant, searching eagerly for the head of golden brown hair. It’s been two days since Heechul had assigned him this mission and he was determined to find this man and send him away, to Limbo, or anywhere else that Heechul wouldn’t be able to find him. Something was different about this man. He was too pure to have his soul stolen.

        Sitting in the outside tables of a French restaurant called Le Ballons Rouge. Sipping at the last of his coffee, Yoochun called over a brown haired waiter. “Monsieur, s’il vous plaît!

        “Oui, Monsieur,” the waiter hobbled over immediately, but Yoochun didn’t look at his face as he searched for his wallet.

        “Ça fait combien?” he asked.

        “C’est deux euros,” he answered.

        Yoochun pulled out the exact money from his wallet and handed it to the boy, finally managing to glance at his face—those eyes, brown, almond-shaped, but the face wasn’t completely the same. Before Yoochun could respond, the waiter had turned around and strode into the café to stow away the money he’d received.

        He waited for the waiter to come back out, but he never came, so he stood up himself and went into the café. With confident steps, he strode up to the cashier and asked in French, “Is there a Kim Junsu here?”

        Just as the cashier was about to answer, another man stepped into the conversation. Yoochun noticed his eyes again, deep, but hard with the air of an older brother, matured. He must’ve been the waiter Yoochun had been talking to.

        “Qui êtes-vouz?” the one with the matured atmosphere asked.

        “Park Yoochun,” he answered.

        The man switched to Korean. “Why are you calling for my dongsaeng?”

        Dongsaeng? “You are… Kim Junsu’s hyung?” he said.

        “Oui.” The French influenced him a lot, Yoochun thought.

        Following the hyung of Junsu sweep the floors of the café, Yoochun listened intently as he said, “Junsu doesn’t work today. On his days off, he’s out and about, usually at the Tower or maybe at home. Today he said he’d be at the Eiffel Tower.”

        Yoochun grinned, whirling around to leave for the Eiffel Tower and meet Junsu, but the brother stopped him. “Don’t hurt my little brother,” he threatened. “I don’t want to see him hurt.”

        Yoochun just nodded and yanked his arm away from the protective one. It didn’t take long for Yoochun to get to the Eiffel Tower, powered only on anticipation and hope. Maybe he really could save Junsu!

        “Junsu-ah!!” he screamed out as soon as the Tower was in plain sight. “Junsu!! Kim Junsu!!”

        Yoochun panted, out of breath from running. “Junsu!!! Kim Jun—“

        “Yes?”

        Yoochun swerved around and found a man, shorter than him, with those same deep brown, innocent orbs. An angel is the first word that popped into Yoochun’s mind. All time stopped to Yoochun. The tourists snapping loud photos of the Eiffel Tower, the rambunctious teenagers laughing at a nearby café, and the regular pedestrians all chatting cheerfully were completely irrelevant as Yoochun’s love finally stood in front of him, awaiting an answer.

        “Junsu…” Yoochun breathed. “Finally… I found you…”

        It only took him a step to be close enough to embrace the smaller man, whose hair was actually dyed red, different from his photo.

        “Who are you?” Junsu asked, never shying away from Yoochun’s arms, standing still against his chest.

        “My name is Yoochun,” he murmured against Junsu’s neck, slender and smooth.

        “Yoochun…” he repeated. His arm suddenly wrapped arm Yoochun’s waist, pulling them closer. “Where’ve you been all my life?”

        Yoochun grinned, nuzzling his face into Junsu’s neck, savoring the smell of the man, subtle and light yet noticeable. Unwillingly, the pair peeled away from each other and grinned feebly, hearts racing, wondering how love could work such wonders on their bodies and minds, and play such a big role in destiny.

        “So… Umm… Yoochun,” Junsu said shyly, blushing slightly. “Will you… go on a date with me?”

        Yoochun grinned and pulled out his phone, handing it to Junsu. They exchanged numbers quickly and neither could stop giggling the entire time.

        “Do you live in Paris?” Junsu asked as he typed in his number.

        Yoochun shook his head, but quickly realized that Junsu wasn’t looking at him and replied, “No. I live in Seoul, South Korea. I have to go back there in a couple weeks.”

        “Ah~” Junsu said to fill in the void of silence, handing Yoochun his phone back. “So… How’d you find me?”

        “Your brother,” Yoochun answered.

        “Junho? He’s not one to hand out my whereabouts.”

        Yoochun shrugged. “I promise that I didn’t threaten him or anything.”

        Junsu laughed. Eu kyang kyang~! It was contagious, so Yoochun laughed too. Eu kyang kyang~! Junsu was so unique! His laugh was adorable; his eyes were sparkling with youth and innocence, positively all purity in his soul. The two Koreans moved out of the middle of the streets and over to a side garden nearby, red roses winding all around them. Yoochun found them a cool, secluded grove full of blood red roses, bleeding with lust and passion and love.

        “This place is beautiful,” Junsu murmured, awed at the way the vines wound around the arch above them.

        Yoochun gazed at Junsu. “I’ve found something even more beautiful,” he muttered.

        Junsu glanced at him, blushing. “Um… Did you… Like… Stalk me before this or something?”

        Yoochun laughed. “No. I just… happened to see you around one day and…” The taller male paused, searching for the right words.

        Junsu faced Yoochun. “And?”

        Yoochun took a step forward, his hands rising to Junsu’s plump cheeks, cupping his small face in his hands. “There was something about you. I… I fell in love instantly… There’s no one else I’d rather be with. I didn’t know anything about you, yet… My heart ached not being able to find you. It screamed at night, calling out the temporary names I’d given you—Jolie! Jolie! Beau! Où êtes-vouz, mon amour? Tu me manques, Ange! Je t’aime beaucoup…

        Junsu’s heart momentarily stopped beating, heart catching in his throat, overwhelmed with all the French Yoochun was speaking. The foreign language that rolled off his tongue so fluently amazed Junsu and stunned him speechless.

        “I can’t stop thinking about you,” Yoochun breathed, absentmindedly taking each of Junsu’s hands into his, pressing the backs of his hands to his lips. “I know we’ve just met but—“

        “I’ll go anywhere with you,” Junsu interrupted, finally regaining his senses.

        “What?” Yoochun gazed at Junsu, surprised at his sudden speech.

        Junsu took a step closer and hugged Yoochun. “I will go wherever you go and love you forever. Please never leave me.”

        “Jun—Junsu…” Yoochun was speechless as he held onto Junsu tightly.

        “Please never leave me,” he murmured. “I’ve never felt this way before—so powerful, so strong. It almost hurts, but I love it. Once I heard your voice call out my name so desperately, like you’d lost the most precious thing on the earth, I realized I love you, Yoochun. I know nothing but your name, but I will love you to the ends of the earth!”

        Without warning, Yoochun suddenly crashed his lips into Junsu’s, the latter easily and quickly realizing what was going on.

        “Je t’aime, Junsu-ah,” he breathed between kisses, rubbing his palm against the flat of Junsu’s back. “Je t’aime beaucoup.

        “Oui… Je t’aime, Chunnie…” Junsu giggled as the taller male peck small kisses again his jaw line.

        Yoochun nearly forgot about his mission to steal Junsu’s soul. He’d abandoned that. The Soul Stealer Society was nothing to him now. Suddenly, Yoochun’s phone buzzed from in his pocket. He checked it quickly, Junsu being a modest man and letting Yoochun have his privacy. The message was from Heechul.

        “Hey! You better be working on that mission, Park! I’m coming in two days, so get ready.”

        Yoochun gulped. That meant he had two days to get Junsu out of the country. Two days until impending doom rained down upon them. Two days until Heechul came to complete a mission he’d fail at. Two days until Heechul decided to excommunicate Yoochun.

        Two days to spend with Junsu…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Le Ballons Rouge = The Red Balloons                  *Jolie! Beau! = Beautiful! Handsome!
*Monsieur = mister                                                                *Où êtes-vouz, mon amour? = Where are you, my love?
*s’il vous plaît = please (formal)                             *Tu me manques, Ange! = I miss you, Angel!

*Oui = yes                                                              *Je t’aime beaucoup = I love you very much
*Ça fait combien = How much does it cost
*C’est deux euros = It’s two Euros
*Qui êtes-vouz = Who are you