Samchon

Samchon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jong Kook had just finished his meeting with his agency for a project he was asking to consider. He and his mother were invited to join the cast of Mom’s Diary: My Ugly Duckling, piquing the interest of the viewers, producers and the network after his first guest appearance. It was no secret to the world how close he is to his mom. He has never failed to post their travels on SNS and was never ashamed to share their stories on shows and interviews. He’s proud to be a mama’s boy which makes him a perfect candidate for the show.

Despite this and his exposure to variety shows, he still had a few reservations if he should accept the offer. For one, the show will closely look into his private life. Secondly, his mom would be involved. Unlike I live alone or omniscient interfering view, his mother would have to adjust to taping schedules and might be a bit shocked to discover what he’s like when he’s alone or with his peers. Lastly, he and Ji Hyo had just started dating for two weeks now and he has no intention of putting that out in the open, fully knowing that Ji Hyo’s privacy and safety is his top priority.

Speaking of Ji Hyo, it was almost noon and he has not gotten a text from her. She must have overslept which wouldn’t really be a surprise. What can he do? His girl loves to sleep. Chuckling to himself, he decided to call and check on her:

It took a couple of rings before she answered.

“Oppa”

“Song Ji Hyo, are you up?” He teased.

“Neh~~ I’m sorry I left my phone in the bedroom while I was in the kitchen. Oppa, I’m soooo hungry. I forgot to stock up my fridge last week,” she whined.

“Hey, why don’t we both grab some lunch?”

“Oh? But don’t you have a schedule later?”

“I just finished my meeting and my gym session is in 3 hours. We’ve got time,” he assured her.

“Okay, text me the location and I can drop you off at the gym. It’s on the way back home anyway.”

“Okay. Thanks, baby girl. See you in a bit,” he proudly exclaimed

“Oppa, stop making my fingers curl,” she complained.

“What? Is it that bad?’ he chuckled.

“Aish, hang up so we can already have lunch”

“Alright, jagiya. I look forward to seeing you too.”

“Neh~~”

Jong Kook ended the call and texted Ji Hyo the location of the restaurant. As he was about to leave the meeting room, he saw a familiar face peeked through the door.

“Samchon, I thought I heard your voice,” Soya greeted him.

“Hey, how are you?” He went towards her and gave her a hug.

“Never been much better. You just finished a meeting?”

“Yeah, what brings you around here? I heard you’re going to release a new single soon.”

“Yes, I’m working on that. I should give you a copy of my demo. Actually, I left my jacket here the other day so I decided to swing by to retrieve it. Have you had lunch?”

“I’m about to have lunch with Ji Hyo. You want to join us?”

“Oh,” Soya’s eyes widened upon hearing Ji Hyo unnie’s name. She did not intend to eavesdrop on her samchon’s conversation earlier but on her way to the room she accidentally heard him call someone “baby” and “jagiya”. She has never met any of her samchon’s girlfriends in the past, let alone has she known of his dating life in recent years.

“What’s with the face?” he raised an eyebrow at her.

Slowly unmasking her shock, she asked, ”Are you guys finally dating?”

“Yes,” he shyly responded but he could feel warmth rising up his cheeks

“Oh my god! Is this for real?! Omo, you’re blushing!!!” she pointed out to his face.

“YAH! Stop that!” he scolded her but to no avail she just laughed even harder.

“Samchon, I thought I was gonna get married first before you could even start dating.”

“Seriously, that’s what everyone in the family says,” he clicked his tongue in disapproval.

“Correction. That’s what the whole world says. So when did this all start?” she curiously asked.

“Two weeks ago.”

“Wow, that’s pretty recent.”

“Yeah. It sure is. Yah, are you planning on interviewing me all day or are you joining us for lunch?” he muttered.

“Geez, can’t I joke around a little? Come on, let’s have lunch!” she beamed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Jong Kook and Soya headed to the restaurant which is just a block away from their agency. It was the agency’s go-to meal place so it wouldn’t be a surprise to find some employees and celebrities dining there as well. Jong Kook requested for a private room and already ordered food so Ji Hyo won’t have to wait much longer when she arrives.

While they were waiting, Soya didn’t bother to stop bombarding his samchon with questions.

“Does the family know?” she curiously asked

“Know what?” he teased his niece for being too nosy.

In response, she rolled her eyes and tapped her fingers impatiently on the table.

“Yeah, omma, abuji, hyung…” he replied

“When were you planning on tell me?” She pouted

Jong Kook chuckled. His niece had always been frank and insistent in telling him to start dating again so he completely understands why she’s reacting this way.

“Aigoo, I wasn’t gonna keep this from you. We’re just enjoying the time for ourselves and we wanted to keep this moment private. Most of our friends don’t even know about us yet,” he explained.

“Fine. Lunch is on you though,” she conceded.

“Lunch has always be on me,” he retorted.

Before they could continue on with their bickering, the room’s door opened and Ji Hyo, who seemed to have just gotten out of the shower with her hair evidently damp, greeted Jong Kook and Soya.

“Anyeong! I’m starving! Oh, hi Soya, how have you been?” She waved her hand and added, “I’m so glad you got to join us today.”

“Hey there,” Jong Kook invited Ji Hyo to occupy the seat next to him.

Once Ji Hyo settled down beside him, Soya smiled at her, “Congratulations Unnie! I never thought I’d see the day that I’m eating lunch with my samchon and his girlfriend.”

Ji Hyo laughed as Jong Kook’s eyebrows were knitted tightly together.

“Well, no one expected that we’ll end up together too, right oppa?” Ji Hyo smiled reassuringly at him and took his hand under the table and squeezed it gently, informing him to let the joke go and just have a good time.

The food was serve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter