Touchy-Feely

The Prom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie was sitting on one of the tables of the Biology classroom, absently looking at Jongin trying to fit Indiana Bones, the classroom skeleton, into his varsity jacket.

"Hey, stop that. You know we'll all get in trouble if you damage it." Tzuyu, one of the seniors Jennie knew from English class, said from across the room.

Jongin shrugged and pulled his jacket off the human skeleton, making it's bones dangle funnily.

It was a Monday afternoon and a group of seniors decided to meet up to discuss what they're going to do for this year's senior prank. It was banned in most high schools in the area, but it remained a tradition here. Each year, every graduating class was trying to outdo the last one. This year, though, they had quite a task on their hands. Last year, the seniors made three water slides in different hallways. Even teachers joined in on the fun. Jennie had no idea how they were going to top that.

Jisoo, who was sitting next to Jennie and digging through her backpack, finally emerged out of it holding a giant bag of M&M's.

"I'm starving." She said opening it eagerly.

"We literally just ate." Jennie said, but took a handful herself. They went to a diner on their way to school, and Jennie was rushing Jisoo, convinced everyone was already waiting for just the two of them. Turns out, they were one of the few people who actually showed up on time.

In the next fifteen minutes the classroom began to fill up, little by little. When Chanyeol entered, Jennie suddenly felt strange - like she's bothered by something, but can't grasp exactly what. A few minutes later, Chaeyoung walked in, with her friend Lisa. The fact the former couple walked in separately didn't go unnoticed by the rest of the students - most of them gave them surprised looks. It became very apparent something's wrong when they completely ignored each others' existence. It suddenly hit Jennie what that strange feeling was, the giddiness mixed with nervousness. It has followed Jennie ever since her and Chaeyoung made that prom pact a week ago. At first Jennie just brushed it off, Chaeyoung probably wasn't serious. Or even if she was, there's no way someone isn't going to ask her to prom when the news gets out she's freshly single. Chaeyoung wasn't a cheerleader or a your typical popular high school girl. She played the guitar and sang at recitals and church fundraisers. And she's funny. Sometimes she could be a real goofball. It was hard to take your eyes off her. Even the teachers liked her. So Jennie had no doubt in her mind that sooner or later someone was going to ask her to prom and their entire play-pretend would be over.

"So does anyone have any ideas?" Seulgi, one of the girls on their cheerleading team and Irene's girlfriend, said. Jisoo tossed a red M&M in the air and skillfully caught it in .

"We should do a themed senior prank. Like transform the cafeteria into something." She said, chewing on another M&M.

"What about a football themed prank? Everyone can show up in kits, and we'll transform the cafeteria into the field? And hang emblems everywhere." Jongin said excitedly, and the couple of guys from the football team nodded in agreement.

"We could even have people show up as our school mascots." Seungyoon, another one of the jocks added enthusiastically.

Jennie was all for school spirit, I mean she was a cheerleader for Christ's sake, but sometimes she couldn't quite understand what is it about football that makes people obsessed with it. Sure, having your school win games and trophies was exciting, but she was more about dance routines and the celebrations that come after winning than guys tackling each other in order to get the egg shaped ball.

"Doesn't the football team get a day for themselves, like, once a month?" Chaeyoung's eyes flashed, and a few people exchanged surprised glances, because how could a girlfriend of the team's cornerback just diss them like that? The other half of the room, though, nodded approvingly.

"Yep." A voice said from the corner of the room. It was Jungkook, a guy Jennie didn't know that well, but he lent her a pen in a Math exam once. Also, he had crazy drumming skills, he and his band played at a few school recitals. "We can do better than that."

Jongin crossed his arms and leaned back on his seat, looking offended. "Well, what's your genius idea then?"

Jungkook ran his hand through his hair, looking unfazed.

"How about a Halloween theme? We could decorate a few hallways and the cafeteria, wear costumes and do trick or treating the entire day?"

This proposition earned a lot more approving murmurs and Jongin sank deeper in his seat. Jennie would almost feel bad for him if he didn't pester

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter