An injury with an exceptional healing bandage

Last Valentine's day

CARLA P.O.V

I cursed my horrible luck for the morning, it’s like faith decided to be a to me and make this Valentine’s Day extra horrible.  

My hair was the only thing that wasn’t that bad, first my alarm clock stops; I wake up 2 hours late for an important meeting.

The rain started pouring on me the second I exited the car.

My history of Valentine’s Day was well-known in my family, that and my mother couldn’t stop gossiping like the old woman she was slowly turning into.

Considering I was the last of her children, her constant nagging and whining for me to bring home a boyfriend was slowly tiring me out.

Let’s recap shall we on the lucky 13th who had the privilege to date me.


No. 1 was my grade school boyfriend Tomas’ Rodriquez; it didn’t last long, as soon as he saw another chick, well end of story.

 

No. 2 was Jerry Alexander, my middle school boyfriend who had annoying habit of always biting me , I mean what the hell, I am not a chew toy, but once my brothers found out, he wasn’t able to bit anything much less chew  for a couple of months .

No. 3 Derrick Jones, my 7th grade boyfriend who came up the lamest nicknames, I mean I am nobody ‘’Pooky’’ or ‘’Cuddlekins’’, it was over before he could hold my hand.

No.4 Jae Kang, my 8th   grade boyfriend, who played with my hair more than me, enough said. It only lasted a week.

No. 5 Terrance Smith my 8th grade boyfriend after Jae, who had a weird for feet, it clearly pissed me off. Eighth grade turned out to be a rough year.

No.6  Alex James , my 9th grade boyfriend , he was sweet blue eyes, blonde hair, the perfect package I thought he was the one even, but on the night of the school dance, he ditched me for my nemesis who was dance team captain, fake s and blonde Kayla Withers.

No.7 you’d think lucky no.7 would be it, but Andy Wilds was an experience, a downright rebel, but his addiction to drugs, was a turnoff, so I kicked his sorry behind out of my life.

No.8 my first high school boyfriend in freshman year, Taylor Wilson, he was shy and polite and a total sweetheart, but although we had a fun time, I realized right before sophomore year, that we’d be better off as friends, he understood.

 

No.9 your probably wondering wow, ‘what’s your number right? ‘Trust me, for you to find the right one; you have to go through a load of wrong ones, which leads to Sophomore boyfriend , Brandon Richards, brunette with electric blue eyes, total brawn not brains, it didn’t even last a month before he went off with my cousin who came to visit  me  one week.

No. 10 If there ever was a walking ; it was my junior high boyfriend, Nick Dempsey, a body well sculpted, and total eye-candy. I wasn’t the only one to think that, all females and males down to principal, let’s just say Nick had a need to explore his curiosity, so he did, with his best friend Mitch Johnson, why is it the hot ones normally turn our Gay or Taken? It ain’t fair. –Pouts-

No. 11 My senior boyfriend , my dream guy, perfect white teeth , hazel eyes and total charmer, Shane Owens, his father talked him into going to Princeton, even though we both got into Yale and Harvard, he always wanted to please his father, so I let him go. We tried the long distance thing, but we realized the distance separated us.

No. 12 My first college boyfriend Matthew Reid, loved to dance, had the best moves, in case you’re wondering at some point if I ever did lose the whole v-card yet right? Well almost did with boyfriend no.9 & 10, but they screwed up their chances, I met Matt one day in college, running late for my Sociology class, I ran into him, dropped my books, and in the cliché like way, he held my waist preventing me from falling, I looked into his eyes and that’s when I knew I had just met my first true love.

You’d think we’d be together forever, we were planning on getting married as soon as we graduated college, him a college law professor, me a kick- lawyer, but the day off 3 year our anniversary, he was hit by another car going 100 mph, he didn’t survive. My grades went downhill until I was on the brink of getting suspended, that I got a huge wake up call.

 I cried for months, and dare not recognize myself, I lost weight and couldn’t stomach anything, until the day my best friends, shoved my in front of mirror, the person in front of it was unrecognizable, was the monster in this mirror me, I pondered and decided  to get my ole life back. It took months but I reformed myself.

No.13 Louis Rider, he turned out to be another big mistake, the first couple of months of dating him turned out to be great, but then his ugly side surfaced, the first hit came, when he came to my apartment drunk one night. I could smell the alcohol on his breath, I couldn’t recognize him, I didn’t even see it coming, until I was on the ground, holding my cheek in shock. It continued on for two whole weeks, before I had had enough.  The last time he came up to me, he could a very painful surprise in the form of hot oil. He was arrested, and then I moved to Seoul from the States.

Which brings me to my current situation; my mother trying to hook me unsuccessfully, on a blind date with one of her friend’s sons’, you are probably asking, ‘’what is all my boyfriends have to do with this story?’’ Well chicas, these tales of heartache and break-ups ended on Valentine’s Day.

Yes I know, it , the hue of the sunset could be seen breaking the surface, as the sun went down and stars started peeking on the horizon. I was tired of all this waiting; I picked up my coat, looked at me dress, and started walking to the Park that was lit up with fluorescent lights all over. I gazed at all the couples walking around the streets, holding hands so casually, it was still frosty; I found a spot to sit down on. I breathed out the cool air, closing my eyes, if only just a moment I could get a hint of the feelings those around me were sharing.

I failed to notice the presence sitting next to me, until I reopened my eyes. The stranger beside me was breathtaking and adorable, his hair was blonde, and I could see it glowing because of the lights. He gazed at his phone frowning, and then he turned his gaze towards me, ‘’so what’s a girl like you doing in a place like this?’’he asked.

‘’That was a really cheesy pickup line,’’ I stated chuckling a little.  He giggled as well; I noticed his laugh came out as cute as a dolphin.

‘Shin Carla,’ I said offering my hand. 

‘Kim Junsu,’ he replied, shaking it.  We turned our heads back to the couple dancing around to a reggae song.  I probably looked like I wanted that too, because the next thing I knew, he stood up and asked me to dance.

Play this song while reading:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyeEgw05Yik

My right hand in his, my left on his shoulder, while his left was on my waist, the rhythm of the beat picked up and soon my back was facing him, his head on my shoulder holding me close in his arms. I felt safe, like I could remain in this exact spot forever.

My heart couldn’t take anymore heartaches, bit my lip on the realization that I wouldn’t see this perfect stranger ever again; he probably has better things to do. I sighed; a lone tear cascaded down my cheek.

The song ended and we were still swaying, I turned back to him, about to leave him when he suddenly hugged me. ‘’Wha-’’ I managed to stutter. ‘’You looked like you needed it,’’ he responded softly.   I nearly got weak in the knees; he must have noticed that my eyes weren’t dry, because he wiped my eyes using a handkerchief he took out of jacket.

‘What’s wrong?’’ he asked holding my cheek with his left palm, I shook my head, ‘’Nothing.’’

‘’I should leave,’’ I turned around and started walking past him when he grabbed my arm, turning me back towards him with a questioning glance, ‘’I want to see you again,’’ he asked looking at me with his piercing gaze.

My heart beat picked up, ‘’Why?’’ I asked folding my arms.

   ‘’I feel like I need to know you, call it faith or love at first sight, but I wanna know you,’’ he said smiling slightly.

‘’Why! ‘’ I repeated.

‘’because I think I love you,’’ he shouted, pulling me towards him, locking my lips with his.

The kiss lit me up like a firework, though half of my conscience was warning me of the pending doom, I didn’t care. 

My arms instinctively around his neck, he bit my lip, I gasp before obliging his tongue. We tongue wrestled for what seemed like hours, he tightened his grip on my waist, pulling me closer, closing any and all spaces between us.

I pulled back catching my breath, we gazed at each other trying to catch a breath. I put a hand on his chest, ‘’If we do this, can we go a little slower,’’ I said, my lips next to his ears. I could feel his shiver and mentally smirked.

‘’Anyway you want,’’ he said grabbing my arm, tugging me with him.  ‘’Where are we going,’’ I asked trying to keep up with him.

‘’I want to show you my apartment,’’ he said glancing at me. 

I contemplated before following him, I would either love or regret this in the morning, but who cares, what is one worse Valentine’s Day.  I nodded following him.

That evening turned out to be amazing, he told me of his job as an Asian Idol, I listened intently as he told me of his friend , the four of them, even though he couldn’t see the last two, Yunho and Changmin.

Bare in mind we were drinking some heavy wine, while talking, so after my 5th class, I decided to slip out of my dress, his eyes practically bulged out of his sockets.

I practically glided to what I thought was his room, he gulped loudly, I motioned for him to follow me, he crossed the room faster than I could blink, through me on  his shoulders and slammed the door close.

My Valentine’s Day ended great, Junsu was everything I wanted, and he was my no.1 now  and my last.


This is the first part of JYJ trilogy....

Read/Review/Comment/Subscribe

~Caribbeanpop17/Mel