Prior to the Proposal

Prior to the Proposal

October 22, 3:15 AM

A girl who resembles a duck is sleeping on the bed. Her eyes were still wide open. Normally, she would have already slept, but today is different. There was something that had been bothering her for the whole day. It made her feel so nervous, that was why she was still in the wide awake.

There will be a birthday live today.

You might wonder what's wrong with the live. We have seen her appeared in several lives, and there was no sign of concerns from her. That is because to Yena, today will not only be Yuri's birthday live, who she was very close with but also the day she will make the most epic surprise she ever made. Yesterday, she spent all day going to every possible department store, market, or whatever place she was allowed to go. That is all to find the perfect item that could fit nicely on Yuri's finger.

I will propose to her.

Without a doubt, that is what makes Yena so nervous, because she is scared. She is scared that the whole plan she made will fall apart. She is scared that the sequence she hoped for will not be like what she wanted. However, there is one thing that Yena is never scared of. It's just impossible for Yuri to reject.

From last year, when we met each other, and spent most of our time together, going through hardships together, to the point that we could be each other's love of life. All those times were nothing but happiness to me. Every time I looked into your eyes, all I see was the feeling of happiness from you, so I think your feelings to me is just the same...

Yena repeatedly recited the proposal message that she wanted to say to Yuri this evening, but it came to her mind that it would be useless. It's simply because Yena would mess up everything and forgot them all due to her nervousness written all over her face. Yena then abandoned her mission and tried her best to close her eyes. Eventually, she fell asleep.

October 22, 10:48 AM

"Hello, Chaeyeon-unnie. What's up? I just woke up."

"Why did you wake up so late? Today's the special day, isn't it?

"Yah-yah! Just get to the point already."

"The staff asked me about the cake for Yuri. They wanted me to decide what kind of cake they should buy, so I called you. I don't know anyone else to ask if not you, right!"

"Yah! Stop that already!"

"I randomly asked Yuri yesterday on the way back here. She said she like cream cake. Do you think that's good?"

"First, I think strawberry cake should be fine for her. About the cream cake, I would say she like it. I often saw whipped cream on , so I guess she had a lot.

"Was that even a guess? By the way, you and Yuri are in separate houses. When did you get the chance to see that? Ahem-"

"Please, stop! Send the phone to the staff. I wanted to talk a little something to them."

"You can just tell me. I can forward the message."

"Just do as I say."

"Alright, alright! You can just hang up after finishing your business."

After Yena hung up the phone, Yena couldn't help but feel nervous again. Her hands were shaking a lot. She seemed like she couldn't control herself anymore. Of course, her extremely suspicious act caught her roommates' attention. However, everyone just let it slip as they all are also busy with their things. Yena, on the other hand, still had another thing to do. She went right on her mission and walked to the most reliable eomma of the house, Eunbi.

"Eunbi-unnie! I need some help. Don't tell anyone."

"What got into you, Yena-ya. You know I won't help you to prank someone, right? I would kick you in the too."

"No, no. What kind of person do you think I am?"

"Would you like me to say that?"

"I will just cut to the chase. So, please hand this ring to the staff member at the building. You will go there to practice for comeback anyway, right? I think I will go there just before the live."

"Whoa~ This ring seemed so expensive. Is it from a staff member?"

"Y-y-yes! And... If any member asked whose this is, just say it's yours."

"Hmm... I smell something fishy around here... Ah! It came from you, Yena-ya. Is there something I should know? It would not go so well if I told other people about the ring..."

"No! N-n-n-noth-th-thing! That's all, I will take leave."

"You know what will happen if you left like that, don't you?"

Yena who failed to keep her plan a secret, could not come up with other excuses, so she had no choice but to tell her plan to Eunbi. Eunbi face went from a smile, frown, surprised or even angry. It must have been a wild ride for Eunbi.

"Wait a minute! Don't tell me you used my name to tell the staff that I bought the ring for Yuri?"

"Well... I'm afraid the staff will ruin the plan. You know, they..."

"Don't make any excuse because it wouldn't make sense. And this is to the extent of hiding it in the cake. Do you think a person like me would think of that?"

"I-I-..."

"Also, what possessed you? You just behaved like a tsundere since the beginning. Even when Yuri said you were her lover in the past life, you said what crime did I do to be with her? Really, Yena? What has got into you?"

"Shhhhhhhh... Keep your volume down. Others might overhear us."

"What's this? April fool's day?"

"I promise I will answer any questions you have, but you really have to head out and give this to the staff. They will go buy the cake soon, so please... Unnie."

"Alright. We have to talk about this later."

Yena gave a slight push on Eunbi's back to speed her up a bit. Eunbi returned with a stare, but carry on to dress up and head out as Yena's request.

Now that she's left alone, her nervousness started to rise again. She couldn't do anything properly as she would freak out. Therefore, she decided to stay quietly on the sofa in the middle of the living room. That was a peculiar sight to their house members, inevitably pulling all of them together with Yena in the center. A bullet shower of questions is thrown at Yena right now.

"What are you doing? Is there anything we don't know? You are so suspicious!"

"No-nothing. I am practicing Japanese, you know. I need concentration, so please leave."

"We all know you will never sit here if you are doing that. But do whatever you want. Just don't let us discover them ourselves."

"Sure. I said it's nothing."

Everyone then left to do their thing. Since this is a rest day which is rare for the members of this house, they just wanted to have some good rest. Some are having fun with the pile of snacks, some are flirting at the corridor with a sweetness level of watermelon juice.

October 22, 12:34 PM

Yena is now fallen into a trance. It made her reminisce of precious memories during the past few years, especially those that include Yuri in them. They have been secret friends, telling to dream of each other, buying food for each other, take care of each other while they were sick, being the best supporter for each other. Sometimes we hit each other, quarrel with each other, trolling each other, to the degree that Yuri might be upset. Sometimes Yena knew she made Yuri upset, but most of the time Yena didn't. The honorable mention is that one time during the show where Yena said, "Just dating, not marrying." It is ridiculous now that Yena had to swallow her own words today. She learned that Yuri wins her every time.

It's just unbelievable. Just spending time contemplating about past memories made Yena feel at ease. The nervousness is just disappeared like the wind. This might be one of the reasons why Yena decided to get past her wall and propose this cute hamster.

Yena didn't notice how much time has passed. It's already late afternoon, so she should get prepared for the most important moment of her life, in front of hundreds of thousands of witnesses. The moment she planned thoroughly for who knows how long. Her dream is going to come true.

Yuri-ya... I don't know if I would get the courage to say this in front of you. I might be that stupid person who will try to point at Eunbi and said that the ring belongs to her. Therefore, let me send this heartfelt message to you...

"I love you, my Jjoyul."

 

 

 

(The story continues in 191022 Jo Yuri Birthday V LIVE)