Chapter 1: EXOU

EXOU One-shots

Chapter 1: EXOU



Summary: Sergeant Jieun Lee doesn't like to go out of her way in her line of job. 



“Sergeant Lee, our chief is asking for you,” Jiyeon pipes out, poking her head into the staffroom. Jieun groans as Jiyeon continues to warn her, “Don’t let him hear you.”

Jieun pats herself down and heads over to the head chief’s office. As usual, she greets him and he does back to her. It’s a known fact that the head chief doesn’t really like Jieun but because she’s the only one that ever caught the notorious mafia criminals, he can’t exactly fire her. She takes a seat in her favourite seat, and it's a known fact that she always sits in the same place.

“I have another case for you,” He tosses the file towards her. It’s thick but Jieun knows that it’s all nonsense in there because no one has ever really cracked the EXO mafia members. (except for her). They’re not the most notorious mafia gang in the world for nothing. “I need you to get back the Emperor’s jewel. The government is relying on us to find it.”

Jieun wants to roll her eyes. She knew that they’ve been on this case for the past four weeks, longer than the usual time her chief would come and demand (she really wants him to beg) her to lure out the EXO members. A smirk slipped on her face, she also knows that her chief has been trying to collect evidence to indicate that she’s actually been ‘helping’ the EXO gang. 

Which is funny because she’s only ever met them two years ago, when she had been assigned to a new unit. Her chief brought her onto one of the EXO cases, and she was the only one to figure out the code. Her chief had brushed her off and she went to the location that the EXO gang had left. Hold and behold, the EXO gang were all waiting. From there, the EXO gang seem intrigued by her.  For some reason, they have taken a liking to her.

“Sergeant Lee?” Jieun’s head snapped up. Her hands gripping the files, “Will you be able to do this for the country?”

“Of course, sir.” Jieun replies. She’s confident she will be able to do it. She's done everything for this department for the past two years, what's another case on her load? “I have done it before and I will continue to do so.”

Jieun leaves the room. She doesn’t have to turn around to know how furious her chief is, she could easily tell by how laboured his breathing has become. He must be feeling so tempted to fire bullets into her skull. She smirked. 

The EXO gang isn’t hard to find. Only because they come looking for her instead of her having to hunt for them. But unfortunately, it's in the worst times that she ends up meeting some of the EXO gang members. Today, she’s in the middle of her break when they come barging into her favourite café, flipping through her book. A familiar whistle tone takes her attention away from the book, a body drops next to her. She rolls her eyes and scoots over but there’s another boy preventing her from moving any further.

“What do you want?” She asked out loud, still not tearing her eyes away from her book.

“Nothing much.” A finger under her chin forces her to look away from her book. A tan face comes into her view, his smirk growing wider. Kai. He’s notorious for being a womanizer or at least from what Jieun has observed. He's always being sent out to seduce men and women alike. He’s very good at it too, seducing people that is, Jieun feels her hands become clammier, the EXO gang weren’t notorious for their activities, they were also known because they were a bunch of handsome men that formed a gang together. “Just came to see this café you’ve been coming to for the past two years.”

“Five years,” Jieun corrects. She should really find it creepy that they have been stalking her from the moment they laid their eyes on her but today, she’s really tired from her boss yelling at her this morning about ‘not making progress’ which is stupid because they’ve been on this case for four weeks while she's only ever had two days to start on her case. 

“Why the long face, Sergeant Lee?”

Jieun turns to her left. There’s Sehun. As far as Jieun knew, Sehun was the youngest, probably an informant or something but he was always paired with Kai and they pretty much did the minimal jobs. Though Jieun would beg pardon because they were pretty much gaining valuable information.

“Sergeant Lee?” Kai whispers into her ears.

Jieun flinches, “Stop that. I’m sensitive there.” Her cheeks flush when both shoot her a naughty identical smirk. “What are you guys doing here?”

“The hyungs need coffee,” Sehun replies, leaning back on the couch, his arms wrapping around Jieun’s waist.

“For Minseok?” Jieun bites her lips, “I mean Xiumin?”

Sehun and Kai nodded their heads, the smirks on their faces stretching impossibily wider, “Hyung would be so happy you know his name. Do you have a recommendation?”

“Number 7.” Jieun replies. She knows how he likes his coffee. She’s been on this case for two years, she knows them and their likes and dislikes. Maybe she knows them a little too well. It’s sort of boarder line creepy for her. 

“Thanks, Miss Sergeant.” Kai pecks her on the cheeks and Sehun gives her hands a squeeze.

“Ah,” Sehun turns around, “Why didn’t you arrest us? It’s fairly easy, no? You can easily call for back up right now.”

Jieun shook her head, returning back to her book, “I’m off duty right now. It's my lunch break. Come back in an hour.” Jieun pretends not to hear their laughter on the way out. But it’s true, Jieun doesn’t want to waste her precious lunch break trying to arrest those two members.

Chief has no mercy. On top of trying to get back the Emperor’s jewels, she’s forced to watch over the newest recruits in their attempt to stop a robbery. Jieun is annoyed because half of them are clumsy with a gun and she’s half sure someone is going to accidently shoot her.

Maybe this was her chief’s way of trying to get rid of her.

Unfortunately, chief doesn’t give her a sniper to shoot down the robbers even when he insist that she shoot down the robbers if they don't give up within an hour. But she's left supervising and watching so instead, she makes herself useful and heads up to the top of an apartment. She lays flat on the ground, and points her gun towards the bank. The magnifying glass makes it easy to see inside the bank.

Her communicator, Jiyeon, is speaking in her ears. Telling her the exact positions of five robbers. They are most likely some hiding in the back too. Doing the whole dirty work of tossing the cash bags into the truck.

She perches the rifle to her shoulders, moves it around until the nose of her rifle is directly on at target’s head. She has no choice, her chief told her to fire if no one does a white flag. It’s been two hours and she has no choice but to go ahead with his orders. The rifle isn’t hers either. She stole it from her chief. The older man didn’t give her trained snipers to use just in case, so she brought one of his speciality rifles that was hanging at his wall.

“Target lock.” She whispers back to Jiyeon.

“Positive.” She hears Jiyeon reply back. Her fingers pull at the trigger, feels the moment run too wild. She can see chaos happening down there when nothing happens. She clicks her tongue, opening the rifle and of course, there’s no bullets inside.

Surprisingly for her chief since he’s always been known to put bullets anywhere and everywhere and stupid on her part for not making sure in the first place.

“Want to borrow mine?” A voice forces her to snap her head up.

Xiumin is standing there with a coffee cup that’s oddly very familiar to the café that Jieun frequents to. His rifle is perched up his shoulder and Jieun is really annoyed that he doesn’t look like he’s having a hard time.

“I allowed you a sip of my coffee and you suddenly become a regular?” Jieun growls out, momentarily forgetting about her job. She’s annoyed.

As if to annoy her, he takes a long sip and gives a satisfied sound, “Yummy.”

“It was a one-time thing, Xiumin.”

“You can call me Minseok. I heard from Jongin and Sehun that you knew my real name.”

Jieun rolls her, accepting the offered rifle from Xiumin. “No such thing in our job of line, Mr. Xiumin.”

Xiumin makes an appreciative sound when Jieun manages to shoot one of the robbers head on. She continues to shoot down the robbers, before returning the call to Jiyeon, “All clear.”

“Enter.” Is the only command Jiyeon gives before all of the new recruits are storming into the bank.

“You have a good shoot,” Xiumin compliments, taking back his dear rifle from Jieun.

Jieun nods her head, kicking at her chief’s rifle. She wasn’t even going to return it. He could come and find it himself. “You have a good rifle. Very pleased with it.”

Xiumin smiles, “Yixing made it. I can ask him to make you one.”

Jieun waves her hand, “No need. I don’t have time for you today. I got some recruits to be comforting.”

Xiumin waves his hands, a helicopter getting closer and closer to them. Xiumin possibly had an earlier mission and happened to find her during his lunch break. She wasn’t on duty for their case today so she would let the boy go for now.

Jieun is halfway through a lecture when she finds something is weird. Like very weird. Her chief sent her to an isolated university on the outskirts of town and told her to give a lecture to the future police members. That’s how she found herself lecturing.

It’s not so bad. Perhaps, she could find another job as a Professor or something.

The lecture had been going great. There was no fear of the EXO gang popping up to destroy her normal day. But she should have known that there was no way they were going to leave her alone.

This weird feeling began when three students arrived to her class. Late, and huffing and puffing. All wearing a hat, the tallest one is carrying a rectangular wrapped in red box. She motioned for them to take a seat and they did, right in front of her.

It’s been ten minutes since they arrived and she’s sure that they are someone she knows. So when she ends her lecture, she approaches the three.

“Hey, my name is Sergeant Lee, nice to meet you—” Jieun stops. Steps back. “Not again.”

“Hello, Sergeant Lee or is it Professor Lee now?” Baekhyun drops his white hat, eyes sparkling in the red powder he had left on his eyelids.

“Now, now, don’t tease our lovely policewoman,” Chanyeol chastises. Which surprises Jieun because he doesn’t seem the type to do so. One of the members must have told them to be nice.

“You’re surprisingly a good speaker, Jieun-ah.” Chen pats her on the back.

Jieun flicks his hand away, “Stop that. We’re not friendly enough to be calling each other by first names.”

“Can’t I just have a day off where I don’t encounter one of you guys? What are you doing here?” She ask, feeling a headache starting to rile up.

“Just came to bust the system. We needed some information,” Chen answers truthfully.

Jieun always like Chen best, or more informally known as Jongdae. He’s an honest guy but a bit loud. “Right. And what’s that box for?”

“Oh,” Chanyeol brings the box forward, “Minseok-hyung said you needed a rifle. Yixing-hyung made it for you.”

Jieun takes the box from the tallest one. She’s learned not to refuse any gifts from the EXO gangs. Of course, it broke her code of conducts but she’s tired of constantly getting harassed from the EXO members.

“Thanks.” Jieun picks up the little note that Yixing had left attached to the box. “Hope it is to your size.”

Baekhyun helps her take out the rifle and perched it up for her. Jieun isn’t surprised to find that it is perfect for her size. She’s met Yixing probably more times than she’s like to admit. He’s been quite helpful in treating her injuries and she’s quite thankful for him.

“Can you tell him that thanks and that it’s perfect.”

The trio grins at her, “Of course. But not without a payment.”

Jieun wants to kick their asses but she knows they won’t stop harassing her if they didn’t get the payment they wanted. “What do you want?”

“Hmm…” Baekhyun thinks thoughtfully, then he taps his lips, “A kiss?”

Usually Jieun would protest until they changed their payment but she’s feeling particularly generous this year. Despite their small difference in height, she still has to stand on her tip toes and placed a quick kiss on Baekhyun’s lips.

Both Chanyeol and Chen’s jaws dropped. Baekhyun flood like a red apple.

Jieun her lips, kisses Chen next because he’s about the same height as Baekhyun. Chanyeol is a little harder but she uses his necktie to force him down lower and kisses him next.

“Thanks boys.”

They don’t move for another thirty minutes. Jieun knows because she watches them from her black tainted car. They probably know it’s here too but they don’t say anything.

Jieun is working overtime at Christmas Eve when she finally gets an okay from her chief that she could finally go home. She’s not really annoyed this time. The Christmas holidays are lonely for Jieun, after she broke up with her boyfriend three years ago.

She can’t really go home either. She needs at least five days to go back home but her chief is rarely generous with giving consecutive days off.

Instead, she finds herself shopping in the market, all huddled up in her jacket. It’s a cold winter this year and she’s planning to just eat ramen and not come out for another three days. She doesn’t stay too long wandering in the market, she picks up a box of ramen and lines up to head home.

She’s in front of two men chattering with each other. The smaller boy pushes the other one causing him to step on her shoes. She clicks her tongue.

The two boys turn around and to her surprise (not really), it’s the EXO gangs.

“Jun-myeon and Kyungsoo?” She lets names slip out of . They were probably the most ordinary people in the gang. Or maybe not. Jun-myeon was the leader of the pack, he didn’t rule with an iron fist but he knew how to control s. He was also somehow a fan of Jieun. She’s not sure how or why he was a fan.

Kyungsoo on the other hand was the most serious one in the gang. She’s met him accidently when she signed up for a cooking class. They had a lot of things in common which surprised Jieun.

Jieun had a day off that day and she obviously didn’t work over time so she didn’t really feel the need to arrest Kyungsoo.

“Sergeant Lee, are you having that for Christmas?” Jun-myeon points at the box she’s holding.

Jieun flushes, heating collecting at her neck, “Uhm…yes?”

Kyungsoo gives her a disapproving look. He takes the box from Jieun and puts it back where it belongs, ignoring Jieun’s protest. “How long is your break this year?”

“Uhm, 3 days.”

Jun-myeon beams, “Great then you can come and join us for Christmas.”

Jieun shakes her head, her hood falling off, “I couldn’t.”

“We insist, right Kyungsoo-ah?”

Kyungsoo nods his head, “I need a helping hand in the kitchen anyways. I heard that the trio were planning to kidnap you anyways.”

The cashier gives them a weird look. Junmyeon pays for their groceires, taking one of Jieun’s hands into his. Naturally, Jieun does the same with Kyungsoo.

That’s how Jieun found herself spending her Christmas break with the notorious EXO gang.

Jieun watched them excitedly ripped their gifts open. They were like a bunch of children together. Suddenly all attention went to her.

Jun-myeon got up from his seat and gave Jieun a little gift box.

“Oh, I didn’t get you guys anything…” Jieun feels guilty now. They thought about her and yet, she didn’t get them anything.

“Nonsense, we just invited you out of nowhere. Open it,” Jun-myeon insisted.

All pairs of eyes were on her now. She rips the packaging open and nearly drops, “The Emperor’s jewels?”

“Yeah,” Baekhyun sheepishly said, “I heard that you were trying to get this back. It was just sitting in our garage so we decided to give it back to you.”

“I swear to god, if I hear that stupid chief of yours degrade you one more time,” Jieun didn’t need to hear what was Xiumin was going to say. She knew it would end in an accident death.

“Thank you.”

At least, her cheif was going to be happy that she got the Emperor's jewels back in three weeks. One week less than when her chief decided to slip the responsibility to her.


A/N

This is inspired by the Mafia/Police AU. 

Word Count: ~3000

Written in an hour where I was dropped off too early to school. 

-Moxhii