Sorry

Himawari

Days went by.

Spring turned to summer. The season they first met. Chaeyoung still hung out at the coffee shop at times. But his visit would be shorter. Two to three hours at most. He spent most of his time at Jihyo unnie’s florist shop lately. They seen hanging out a lot. Sana and Chaeyoung still texted each other ‘good morning’ or ‘good night’ but Chaeyoung always seemed to be busy, weary, stressful and nervous these past months. Sana didn’t know why. He always said nothing’s wrong when she asked the not so tall built guy. What’s more, his two other friends won’t tell her anything, saying they had no clue.

“You and Jihyo look closer lately.”

“We are always close” Chaeyoung said minding his homework. An algebra problem frowning his forehead. The same subject from Im Jeong Professor who failed him a year ago which led him taking extra classes the whole summer that year.

“I mean, closer than before.” The older said, unable to hide her slight jealousy.

“I just taking an interest on flowers lately” he defended, not looking at her. His mind was still intrigued by the algebra equations.

“ You spend more time with her lately Chaeng. And I saw you two hugged the other day. And these past months you always look restless too. I’m really concerm. Are you okay? Please tell me.”

“I’m okay Sana. Just tons of homework lately and that annoyed me. Don’t worry”

“But….” She was about to protest more but chose to stay silent. She was nobody to him after all. She was just a friend. Not a family nor a lover. Chaeyoung didn’t need to tell her if he didn’t want to. ‘We’re just friend’ she said softly under her breath, more like reminding herself. ‘But I wish we could be more Chaeyoung. I wish you would talk all you concern to me like you do to Jihyo.’ another wish sprung up in her head.

“Did you say something? Sorry I was caught up in this math I didn’t hear you”

“No, it’s nothing. Good luck with you math Chaeng. Ask me if you need any help. I’m smart too sometimes” she chuckled, pulling out her tongue, making a little sprint to the counter.

Chaeyoung laughed a bit. He missed the bubbly Sana so much. She looked a bit depressed lately. Chaeyoung didn’t know why. He couldn’t bring himself to ask her. ‘We are just friends anyway’ he thought. But he didn’t used to this kind of Sana. The Sana who always smiled, the Sana who always said random things and laughed by her own silly words. He wanted that Sana back, but he didn’t know how. He wished he could lessen her burden and put her smile back.

.

.

.

‘Sorry’ he uttered.

 

Author's Note: This was a small chapter hehe because I never intend to write something in detail at the beginning and this was supposed to be one - shot. But the next chapter will be the last one. Hope ya enjoy.