001

I can’t find my cat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jeno woke up to the sound of kitchenware cluttering. He shot out of bed and immediately reached out for his glasses on his nightstand. He could not believe it. He’s only lived in this apartment for three months and he’s already getting robbed? He hasn’t even paid this month’s rent yet. Jeno took the baseball bat he had leaning by his closet, already on stand-by for a specific situation like this. Maybe tonight all those softball lessons during P.E. would finally be useful.

Jeno carefully stepped out into the living area, trying very cautiously to maneuver himself in the dark and not bump into anything as he made his way to his kitchen. He was trying his best to make out any sort of figure that was supposedly present but to no avail. Though, he did hear the repetitive sound of metal being hit against. Like a paw scratching against it. God, do not let this be another crazy squirrel, Jeno thought. 

Then he heard it. It was faint, but definitely there. A tiny meow was coming from a large downturned pot (or whatever kitchenware he could make it out to be, it was honestly too dark to tell). After finally making sure that there was no human intruder, Jeno switched on the lights and placed his bat on the counter. He took a breath and peaked under the pot to find the ugliest creature he had ever laid eyes on. It was small, hairless and had the most sinister eyes an animal could ever have. It was as if it was warning him that if he took a step closer, it would gouge his eyes out and have it for dinner. It was a miracle that Jeno managed to hold back his shriek before carefully covering the bald creature back with the pot. 

A series of knocks suddenly came followed by a very desperate plea of a woman. Jeno had enough problems to deal with already with the monster in his kitchen and now someone was pounding on his door like a madman at who-knows-what-time in the morning. He was already drained from staying up till 1 am studying for his Calculus test the next day, all he wanted was a night of undisturbed sleep. But he couldn’t get that anytime soon now, can he?

Jeno deemed his plain white shirt and My Little Pony pajama pants were good enough to greet a crazy visitor at this godforsaken hour and went on to open the door. What he did not expect was for the person on the other side of the door to be the cute new girl that just moved in beside his apartment two weeks ago, in an oversized neon orange t-shi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter