a fling is just a fling?

Checklist... Get a Boyfriend

*~*~*~*~*

Ryeowook had gotten livelier for the second week, taking the slight chances of flirting with male customers or even when he entices them. But Hankyung stands in between every time which pisses Ryeowook off until he finally gave up. But whenever Hankyung calls him for a ‘date’ Ryeowook could barely say no and just allows Hankyung to take him to places that leaves him amazed although he always puts on a tantrum.

“Hunnnn?” Ryeowook stirred at the sudden bounciness his bed felt. He turned to see what disturb his sleep and found Zhoumi at the edge of the bed, head tilted his way. “What do you want Mi Mi?”

“How far did you and Geng go?”

“What?!” and that question certainly woke him up, like being doused with hot coffee.

“You guys are dating right? So doing those stuff is normal.”

“How could you just ask it flat out, you really are cousins and no, we didn’t do any of those stuff you’re thinking.”

“Eh? Really? C’mon Wookie out with it. We’ve been working together for two years now, don’t you trust me?”

“Mi Mi, it’s just a summer fling, he said it so.” and Ryeowook jumped out of the covers. “Okay, so we kissed.”

“How deep?” again Zhoumi asked like it was the most normal, casual question in the world, like ‘how are you?’ and it just turns Ryeowook beet red.

“Stop asking me embarrassing questions!” and Ryeowook slammed the bathroom door as he takes his shower.

Zhoumi went out of the hotel room and encountered Hankyung who just came out of the elevator.

“Ryeowook just woke up. Why don’t we have breakfast together, it’s been a long time since we had some cousin bonding.” Zhoumi said with a grin.

Zhoumi had been studying Hankyung for the whole length of the breakfast.

“What is it? Is there something wrong with my face?” Hankyung said with force composure as he sipped from his tea.

“You really didn’t do it with Wookie?” and Hankyung involuntarily spurts out his tea. “That’s so not like you.” Zhoumi went on. Hankyung was wiping of his mouth, blushing, suddenly feeling uneasy with Zhoumi’s probing eyes.

“Zhoumi it’s rude to stare.”

“Geng, I love you coz you’re my cousin and Wookie is an important friend of mine. I know you can fight but I’ve also got friends who can fight so what I’m saying is, hurt Wookie and you’ll be facing a mob. Just saying.”

“Zhoumi, you’ve become rather scary since you’ve transferred to the city.”

“Gegeng don’t be ridiculous, I’m only saying this because I care for the both of you.” And he plasters a half-half smile, half friendly, half threatening.

Hankyung’s phone vibrates and he excused himself. Without looking Zhoumi commented, “You’re really serious this time, aren’t you? If it’s yes then we don’t have anything to worry about.” Hankyung replied him with a confident grin.

*~*~*~*~*

Because demands have been high and Siwon had somehow convinced everyone that it would be good for the business, Hankyung opened the shack during the night of the fireworks display.

Ryeowook had been grilling pork when Hankyung caught him sighing.

“Sorry you have to work tonight, I know how much you’re looking forward for the fireworks display.”

“Well, it is Siwon’s power we’re talking about and it’s not like I won’t be able to see it from here.” He answered with a smile. Hankyung quietly sits beside him.

“Wouldn’t Siwon be looking for you?”

“Nope, I’ve made more than enough if the demand ever increases. Besides, I’m the boss here I can do what I want.” And as he says it, Ryeowook felt a chill run through his body as Hankyung’s hands slipped inside his shirt. Ryeowook hits his hands and his head with the throng he used for grilling.

Ryeowook looks away, trying to conceal his flustered face from Hankyung. If only Hankyung knew that it wasn’t because of the added work that he’s sighing about. The fireworks display signals the end of summer, the end of their vacation and what Ryeowook has been thinking – the end of their relationship? It’s just a summer fling so why was he feeling down knowing it will soon end.

“Hankyu –” Ryeowook began to protest as he felt Hankyung’s long arms encircle his waist.

“I won’t do anything as much as I want to, I won’t do anything so please let me just stay like this.”

Few minutes later the fireworks show started.

“Wah! Look Hankyung!” Ryeowook said excitedly, pointing at the different colored fireworks and unconsciously holding unto Hankyung’s hand. While Ryeowook was busy getting astounded by the brilliant show, Hankyung had been busy himself, staring at him smiling genuinely.

“Hankyung, you know, we’ll be leaving tomorrow right?” Ryeowook suddenly asked when the display began to tone down. Hankyung finally looked away. “I wanna do it.” 

Hankyung shot back at Ryeowook with a surprised face. “Wookie…” Ryeowook’s grip on Hankyung’s hand tightened.

“No. 4 wouldn’t be complete without it, right?” Ryeowook’s voice was quivering, his face all flustered and what Hankyung does not know, his heart screaming out his name. Hankyung smiled affectionately and caressed Ryeowook’s face, inching his lips closer.

“Then I won’t hold back. Ryeowook, I love you.” Ryeowook trembled at those four words he whispered.

Hankyung I want to believe that but is it really true? This isn’t just a summer fling to you like the others you have?

*~*~*~*~*

Everyone was busy packing and getting themselves ready. It looked like the day when they checked in. Like nothing new had happened, especially for Ryeowook. Hankyung came to pick them up and gave them a ride to the airport, since they were going back by plane. While everyone else was taking a short nap, Hankyung held onto Ryeowook’s hand whenever they get to a red light.

“Bye Hannie! We had a great time!” Heechul says.

“Thank you for having us here.” Siwon formally greets.

“It’s really nothing, I should be the one thanking you guys for all the help.” Hankyung says patting Siwon on the back.

“See you soon couz.” Zhoumi says hugging Hankyung with one arm.

“Yeah, maybe next time, I’ll come visit you.” And Hankyung hugs back.

When they were done getting their luggage, “Maybe we should check our luggage in first?” Kibum suggested.

“Great idea Bummie!” says a rather excited Heechul and grabbed one of the bags Kibum was holding. Siwon and Zhoumi followed, leaving Ryeowook and Hankyung to themselves.

“Well, guess this is goodbye.”

“Yeah.”

“Thank you. For making my vacation perfect.” And Ryeowook turns towards the doors.

“Ryeowook,” Hankyung calls. Ryeowook turned his head slightly.

“Yes?”

“No… nothing.” Ryeowook nods and went inside. Hankyung looks at him getting farther away, fists clenched at his sides. The others who were watching from the inside were disappointed.

“And he had to be lame at this moment.” Heechul grumbled.

“Guess he is really serious this time.” Zhoumi grinned.

“I think this will not be the last we’ll see him.” Kibum says, shrugging.

*~*~*~*~*

Ryeowook thought he’d get over Hankyung, after all a fling is a fling. But he misses him more at each passing day. If only he had just made it clear with Hankyung that he didn’t just want any fling. He wanted the real thing.

It had already been snowing, Christmas was fast approaching. And the sight of lovey dovey couples made him remember that summer. He wanted to snuggle inside someone’s arms during this cold weather but it was his fault that he was loveless; he has shunned every suitor he had throughout the whole semester.

“It’s all your fault.” Ryeowook grumbled while staring at couples at the park. He knew the park would be filled with them but, it was one of his favorite places.

“Whose fault?”

“Yours!” Ryeowook gaped at the person before him when he realized who it was. Hankyung’s hand closed his mouth slowly and let his hand linger there.

“What… are you doing here?”

“When I got back, I found this note lying around my room. Checklist no. 6 contact no.4 and spend at least the holidays. So why didn’t you contact me?”

“Well, you didn’t give my any contact numbers.” Ryeowook retorted.

“You could’ve asked it from Zhoumi.”

“Then I’d look desperate.” Hankyung looked surprised. “Zhoumi told me, you’ve never been in a serious relationship and if I’d contact you I’d look so desperate and pathetic even though I’ve always wanted to hear your voice. I don’t want to be the only one loving in this relationship.” And all the frustrations just welled up and formed into tears.

Hankyung smiled and softly kissed Ryeowook. He crumpled the paper and threw it aside and kissed Ryeowook again, deeper, with more passion until Ryeowook stopped crying.

“Two things I’ve never told anyone I’ve dated at the same time. You’re mine and I love you. One act I’ve miraculously pulled – I restrained myself because that’s how important you are to me. Ryeowook, keep this last checklist in mind no.7 look only at no.4, love only no.4 because no.4 only sees and loves Ryeowook forever.”

Ryeowook nodded as he embraced Hankyung as tightly as he could.

 

-END-