no.4 could actually the priority of the list

Checklist... Get a Boyfriend

Ryeowook had always wanted to take a vacation that the seasickness from the four hour voyage did not hinder him from taking the slightest break. The moment he got to the hotel he was ready to bolt out until the Student Council President blocked his way, making him collide against his washboard abs and hit the carpeted hotel floor with a thud.

“Wookie, in case you’ve forgot. We didn’t exactly come here solely for vacation.” Siwon calmly says with a smile. But Ryeowook knew, from three years worth of working within the Student Council that Siwon was getting angry.

“S-sorry Pres.” Ryeowook apologized with a deep swallow at the end.

*~*~*~*~*

“Fresh watermelon. Cool shakes. Sweet beach desserts.” Ryeowook called out in a monotonous, bored tone, fanning himself by the entrance of the shack. He sighed deeply as he watched people around him enjoying themselves in the beach – beach volleyball, sandcastle and other sand sculptures making, swimming, joking, even flirting and getting hooked – things he wanted to do during a vacation. But what was he doing? Helping out in their Vice-President’s cousin’s business, wasting his precious summer time. Ryeowook could just cry.

“This isn’t what I pictured my first out-of-town vacation would be?!” he retorted.

“Quit whining and start moving.” Zhoumi, the vice president said or rather ordered with an icy stare. He was drenched in his own sweat from carrying boxes. “You should be thankful that we got free food and lodging and don’t forget, we are only paying half the fare and that’s back and forth.”

“I know. I know already! It’s just… just unfair…” with a pitiful pout. “By the way, where’s Heechul? Ah! So really unfair, how come he’s the only one having all the fun and he even brought his boyfriend with him. Is that even allowed?” Ryeowook could almost literally roll on the floor and make a scene.

Zhoumi hit him with an umbrella on the head. “Because Kibum is paying for his own keep and if you’d put more effort on to your job and get us more customers we might reach our quota and get some days off for a real vacation.”

“We have a quota?”

Zhoumi sighs exasperatedly “Ryeowook, I thought Heechul was a handful during Council meetings, I never thought you were as troublesome.”

“So – rry.” Then Hankyung, Zhoumi’s cousin came in from the kitchen.

“Hangeng! Do you need some help in the kitchen?” Zhoumi hurriedly went up the stairs towards his cousin.

“Ah~ no I just came to see if you’ve brought the orders I’ve asked you.”

“Ah~ yeah sorry. I’ll bring them in right away.” And Zhoumi scurries for the boxes and slowly lifts them up.

“Thank you so much for everything Mi Mi. I’ll repay you somehow.”

“What are you talking about? You’ve done quite a lot for us already.”

And Zhoumi disappears to the kitchen, leaving an unsatisfied Ryeowook who kept calling out customers and Hankyung.

After a few moments, Heechul and Kibum came back with a large group.

“Wookie, look we do your job way better than you do.” Said an arrogant Heechul as Kibum ushers the love struck women inside the shack. “Hankyung, you’re there? Well I guess you don’t have any more time to relax now.” He added as he went inside to take orders.

“Wookie is it?” Hankyung starts the conversation lightly.

“I prefer you call me Ryeowook.” Ryeowook replied as he scribbles in the sand.

“Ok, Ryeowook, I know I somehow ruined your dream vacation but I promise you guys won’t be working until the end of your vacation. Because of the help you guys have been pitching in I’ve gotten more customers than I expected.”

Ryeowook was confused if he turned at the right time or not, because when he saw Hankyung’s smile, his heart was beating fast. But before the mood could intensify, Siwon butted in.

“Geng, I need back-up in the kitchen, these women are like men when it comes to stomachs.” He complained rather coolly. Hankyung laughed as he patted Siwon’s shoulder. “And Wookie, leave your post and help out inside.” He says to Ryeowook before going back inside.

“Well you heard your President. Good luck inside Ryeowook.” And Hankyung went in making Ryeowook all flustered.

Because the shack has successfully gotten full house all throughout the first week, they’ve been given a weekend off and none of them wasted the opportunity. Heechul and Kibum were the first to disappear, Zhoumi brought out his beach trunks and a bottle of sun block to prepare for a whole day of beach volleyball, Siwon was in town ‘strolling’ as he says but was actually studying the business aura of the surroundings and as for Ryeowook, he spent half the day sleeping.

“Waaaahhh! I’m so lame! How could I waste my morning sleeping just like that!” Ryeowook burst out not caring who would hear his complains. “Now, I’m way behind schedule!” he grunted.

“It can’t be helped since you’ve worked so much this past week.”

Ryeowook spun so quickly that he almost lost his balance, but Hankyung grabbed his hand and prevented him from falling.

“T-thank you.”

“No problem. So what schedule were you talking about?”

“Nothing.” Ryeowook mumbled, looking away trying to calm his maddening heart.

Hankyung spotted a piece of paper and snatched it from Ryeowook’s hand. Ryeowook tried to get it back but Hankyung’s arm was long.

“Pfft. A checklist?” says Hankyung, suppressing a laugh after doing a scan on the paper.

“1. Go on a tour and maybe get some souvenirs.

2. Join some beach games.

3. Swim at least for two hours.

4. Get a boyfriend or flirt around hehe

5. Watch the fireworks with no.4 if found.

So you sway that way huh?” and Hankyung starts laughing out loud. Ryeowook snatches back the paper and crumpled it out of embarrassment. He was about to throw the paper when Hankyung grabbed his wrist and took the paper.

“Give it back! Isn’t it enough that you laugh at me?” Ryeowook was the verge of tearing up.

“I’m sorry but I haven’t had this much fun and haven’t encountered someone like you.”

“Well sorry for being weird.” Ryeowook sarcastically said.

“Hmm… because I’ve been the cause of the delays then I’ll take it upon myself to help you complete your perfect summer vacation.”

“No, you don’t have to bo – ” but Hankyung has already pulled him to set off on their tour.

For two days, they’ve accomplished numbers 1, and 2 and because Zhoumi didn’t show him any mercy he was out for the entire afternoon on the second day. He could barely move with all the muscles cramping and hurting.

“Darn Zhoumi, I was aiming for taking a dip today and canvass for a potential boyfriend.” Complained Ryeowook as he lay supine on the bed wishing the ache to disappear until he fell asleep again.

When Ryeowook woke up it was already dark, but it wasn’t the change of lighting that woke him up but a soft, cool kiss on the lips.

“Hankyung!!!??!!!” he yelped as he backed as far away from Hankyung as he could and fell out of bed.

“Wow, I thought you couldn’t move because you’re aching all over.” Hankyung said nonchalantly, squatting at the other side of the bed.

“What are you doing here?”

“Siwon let me in. Everyone’s out if you wanna know. I came to see you.”

“D-d-did y-you j-j-just…” Ryeowook couldn’t bring himself to say it, he flustered and his heart was beating like crazy. He has never sweat this much in an air-conditioned room.

“Kiss you? Yeah.”

“How could you just say that with a straight face?! And what the heck was that for? Taking advantage of me, you ert!!” scowled Ryeowook but Hankyung kept a steady composure, it gave him the aura of talking to a calmer but erted Siwon.

“Checklist no. 4 Get a boyfriend or flirt around. Remember I said I’d take full responsibility on making your vacation a perfect one, by your standards. We’ll be busy with the shack every week, and if things go as well as this week then all you guys get will be weekend off. Your vacation ends on the third week, knowing you, you’ll be spending perhaps one day to sleep. There’s going to be a fireworks display over the weekend and since you’ve already achieved no.4, no.5 won’t be hard.”

Ryeowook threw a pillow at Hankyung’s face.

“That hurts you know.” Hankyung muttered.

“Are you mocking me? Just because you knew I like boys and you ‘promised’ to help me doesn’t mean you’d be that boyfriend I’m looking for! I can do boyfriend hunting without you!”

“I can’t allow that.”

Ryeowook looked up at the seriousness of Hankyung’s tone and was shocked to see him right in front of him. When did he get so near to me? Ryeowook thought.

“You’re mine Ryeowook, if you can’t accept me at least just for this summer. What’s two more weeks right?”

“You’ve got to be kidding me?”

“No. I’m actually glad we’re on the same boat.” And without Ryeowook’s consent, Hankyung stole another kiss, a rather long one, with a of the tongue to Ryeowook’s trembling mouth to end it. Hankyung got up and went for the door.

“Get some good night’s rest Wookie, I should be calling you that now right? Since we’re dating and all.”

“Che!” Ryeowook averted his eyes to the floor. He covered his mouth with the back of his hand, as he bit on his lower lip, the other hand clutch tightly to his chest, commanding it, begging it to stop beating so fast.


i'm cutting it coz it looked really long. :)