Falling Apart

An Undelivered Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi woke up to the most angelic face he’s ever seen. The face of his fiancé, Park Jimin. Well, soon to be Min Jimin. The thought of his last name in Jimin’s name just makes his heart beat faster. Just what did he do to deserve this beauty in his life?

Yoongi moved his hand to caress Jimin’s cheeks. As his hands moved down from his lover’s cheeks to his neck and then resting on his slim waist, a pair of delicate eyes slowly fluttered open.

“Morning baby” Yoongi whispered, hands rubbing circles on his waist.

“Morning~” Jimin replied as he cutely rubbed his eyes. His large t shirt, Yoongi’s shirt, riding up his thighs every time his hands moved.

Yoongi leaned forward, trying to get his long-awaited morning kiss but his vision was blocked by a pair of small hands.

“Morning breath. Brush your teeth first alright?” Yoongi groaned out loud. He only whined louder as he sees his lover slowly make his way out of bed and towards their bathroom.

“How can you do this to your soon to be husband sunshine?” Yoongi voiced out as he saw Jimin make his way back out of the bathroom. Yes, its been 15 minutes and Yoongi was still slumped on the bed like the embodiment of laziness he was.

“You can get as many kisses as you want after you brushed your teeth ok?” Jimin winked before disappearing once again out of the bedroom.

Jimin was humming to a random song as the delicious scent of bacon filled the kitchen. He was placing the food on the plates when a strong pair of arms wrapped themselves around his waist. Yoongi’s arms.

Jimin leaned back in delight, his back pressed against the hard chest of his fiancé. Yoongi buried his face at the crook of Jimin’s neck before his lips made its way towards his lovers’ ear.

“Now where are my kisses you promised baby?” Jimin could only giggle before he turned his body around and planted kisses all over Yoongi’s face. His forehead, cheeks, nose and finally his lips. Yoongi growled at the feeling of his lovers’ lips on his, pulling the said male closer as his arms tightened around his waist.

Yoongi was only willing to let go when Jimin repetitively hit his check due to the lack of oxygen. Well, Min Yoongi was addicted to Park Jimin’s lips.

“Let’s have breakfast alright?”

“But I would like to have you instead”

“Stop being such a would you”

Yoongi was about to come up with a smart comeback when his phone rang. Jimin could only shake his head as his fiancé glared at his phone and reluctantly picked it up.

“Hello? What do you mean I need to be in the office now? You’re my assistant, isn’t it your job to entertain whoever it is? Fine fine I’ll head out now geez. Be glad you’re Jimin’s beloved cousin Jungkook.”

“So I guess you have to go to the office slightly earlier today huh?” Jimin spoke up once his lover hung up the phone.

“You got that right. Apparently, the secretary of Lee corp’s CEO refuses to speak to anyone but me about the big deal we have coming up” Yoongi sighed, clearly unhappy that his morning time with Jimin has been shortened.

“Well, that’s your job as the CEO isn’t it baby? Now show me that charming smile of yours and get to work okay?”

“One more kiss before I leave?”

Jimin stood up from his seat and placed a kiss on his lover’s lips. Satisfied, Yoongi made his way towards the door, a loud “I love you baby” and a reply of “I love you too” could be heard before the door closed shut.

Jimin smiled as he looked towards the direction of the hallway Yoongi just walked through, thinking of how lucky he was to have such a loving partner by his side.

Yoongi walked out of the lift once the doors opened. He continued to walk towards his office before he was met with a serious looking Jungkook beside his office door.

“She’s been waiting for about an hour and I must say, she’s a .”

“Language JK.”

“Not you too hyung! It’s not like Jimin hyung’s here.”

“Jimin doesn’t like it when you curse so stop it alright. I don’t like it when my sunshine is upset.”

“You’re seriously so whipped hyung.”

“Shut it Jungkook. Don’t think I don’t see how you get all soft whenever Taehyung’s around.”

A smirk made its way to Yoongi’s face as a speechless Jungkook stood outside his office, watching his boss enter his room.

“Sorry for the wait. I’m Min Yoongi, CEO of Min’s Tech”

“It’s alright Mr Min. I’m Kang Hana, secretary of Mr Lee Jisang from Lee corps. Just call me Hana will do.”

“Well, nice to meet you Hana”

“You’ll be home by 7pm tonight?”

“Mhmm I’ll just have to finish up some work and ill be back home to you my love”

“See you tonight then I made your favourite~”

“Sounds good baby. See you tonight, love you”

“Love you too”

It’s been 3 weeks since Yoongi came home for dinner. Work was really taking a toll on the poor man, seeing as he always went home late at night. Yoongi would wrap his arms around his partner, sleep taking over his being as soon as his body touches the bed. Jimin could only pout every night as he snuggled into his lovers’ arms, making up for the lack of time they have for each other in the day.

The thought of his older fiancé coming home for dinner effectively placed a smile on Jimin’s face as he rushed to the kitchen to prepare his soon to be husbands’ favourite food.

Jimin was all over the kitchen, doing his very best to make sure everything tasted perfect. Music blasted throughout the entire kitchen as Jimin happily swayed his hips along with the beat. Minutes turned into hours and Jimin was finally done with cooking. All that’s left was for his handsome fiancé to walk through the door and dinner is ready.

Jimin happily made his way out of the kitchen, wanting to take a shower after staying in the kitchen for so long.

However, the ‘ding’ that resonated from his phone prevented him from doing so.

As he walked closer towards his phone, he faintly sees 3 notifications. Two that seems like missed calls and the other being a text. He picked up his phone with a curiosity, only to be hit with a wave of disappointment.

Yoonie <3: Sunshine, you weren’t picking up your phone so I guess you didn’t hear it ring. I just wanted to tell you that I’m sorry but I can’t come home for dinner tonight. Documents were sent back to our company from Lee corps.

Apparently, there were some changes that needed to be made. I wanted to bring it home to finish after out dinner but Hana-ssi called and said she’ll head down to my office to make sure we’re clear of what they want.

I’m very sorry sunshine. I’m pretty sure by the time you see this you’ll be done with cooking. I really want to have dinner with you but I hope you understand I can’t just deny a business meeting.

Leave my portion of food in the fridge. I’ll finish everything once I get home tonight so don’t you dare eat up all of your delicious food! Don’t wait up for me love, just go to bed alright? I know you must be tired from cooking all day.

Please don’t be mad at me! You know I can’t survive without your love and kisses uwu! I love you baby!

Although Jimin was upset that Yoongi failed to have dinner with him yet again, his fiancé sure knows how to put a smile on that little mochi’s face with that cheesy text. Jimin could only pray for the project to be over soon and he will be back in his fiance’s arms.

Jimin’s POV

It’s been two months since Yoongi took on the project with Lee Corps. It’s also been two long months since I ever spent a full day with my fiancé.

At first, he only worked till late at night at the office. But now, even on the weekends, he has meet up with the people from Lee corps for further discussion. I know he’s working hard to keep the company prospering and for the sake of our future.

Am I being too selfish to be slightly mad at him for not having enough time for me? Is it wrong that I feel that Yoongi is doing something I don’t even want to think about behind my back? Because every night before I go to bed, when Yoongi arrives home in the middle of the night. The smell of a certain rose scented perfume never fails to reach my nose?

“Jimin? Jimin ah”

“Ne Jin hyung?”

“I’ve been calling you from the kitchen for the past 2 minutes but you didn’t respond”

“Sorry hyung. Just thinking”

“About what chim? Don’t think I didn’t notice but you haven’t really been yourself recently”

“Its nothing hyung ju-“

Jimin couldn’t even finish his sentence before he rushed into the bathroom, clearing out whatever he had in his stomach which wasn’t much since he hasn’t been eating well for the past few days.

“Jiminie? Are you okay? Do you need to go to the hospital?”

“It’s okay hyung. I think it’s the pasta I ate in the afternoon. I knew it tasted funny”

“And why would you eat it even though it tasted weird?”

“I was hungry hyung” Jimin replied as a sheepish smile crept onto his face.

“You silly child. Come on, hyung made your favourite chicken stew”

With that, Jimin forgot about everything that he thought about and lunged himself onto Jin. Perhaps he was using food as a coping mechanism. To ease the growing pain in his heart.

“I’m so glad we’re finally nearing the end of this project. These past few months has been tiring.” Yoongi commented as he looked at the female sitting directly opposite of him.

The pair had just finished up some documents for the final overview of the project between the two companies. Hana then suggested that they went to have dinner since they haven’t eaten all day. And who was Yoongi to decline such an invite when he too was famished.

“Tell me Yoongi, are you single and ready to mingle?” Hana teased.

“In fact, I am not Hana. I’m about to get married to the love of my life. Park Jimin is his name.” Yoongi replied as he lifted his left hand were his engagement ring proudly stood.

“Park Jimin. That’s a lovely name. I bet he’s good looking.”

“He is absolutely beautiful.” Yoongi gently said, a gentle smile gracing his lips at the thought of his lover.

“Well, congratulations on the marriage then.” Hana said as she lifted her glass of wine.

What Yoongi failed to notice, was how Hana’s free hand tightly gripped the hem of her dress as a forced smile made its way to her face.

“Where’s Yoongi?”

“At work”

“Again? It’s like I don’t see him around here anymore” Jin exclaimed, arms spread wide as he looked around the mansion as if to prove a point.

“Me too” Jimin whispered, loud enough only for himself to hear.

It’s a Saturday and obviously, Jin had to burst into the Min’s household without the prior notice to drag the pair out for an outing. Well, only Jimin since Yoongi isn’t there. Again.

Jimin hopped onto Jin’s car only to be met with 4 other individuals singing their hearts out to the radio. Said individuals were Namjoon, Jin’s husband, the Taekook couple Taehyung and Jungkook, and lastly their mood maker Hoseok.

“Chim!” Taehyung exclaimed as soon as Jimin entered the car, pouncing on his best friend as he did so. Jimin giggled, mumbling a soft “Hi Tae” before placing Taehyung back onto his boyfriend’s lap.

“Where’s Yoongs?” Hoseok piped up from beside Jungkook.

“At work. He’s very busy now. With the new project and all” Jimin replied, a bitter smile subconsciously making its way into his face as he looked out of the window.

The others just nodded in response as they continued with their karaoke session with Namjoon driving them to their destination

Jimin felt a warm hand engulfing his own. He turned around and saw Taehyung looking at him, a knowing smile gracing his lips as he mouthed the words “It’s going to be okay”. Jimin would be lying if he said this small comfort from his best friend didn’t make him feel better, even if it’s just a little. His best friend sure understood him well.

“I’ll be fine” Jimin mouthed back before he turned back to the window. Hopefully what he says does come true.

“We’re here~” Jin announced as they turned into the parking area of their destination.

“Where are we where are we?!” Jungkook like the adult child he was, trying to take a look out of the window which was made difficult as he was in the middle seat with Taehyung sitting on his lap.

“The amusement park!” Both Jimin and Taehyung shouted at the same time, their eyes sparkling at the sight of the beautiful Ferris Wheel.

“Heads up, I am NOT going on any rollercoaster rides or anything that has to do with heights!” Hoseok informed, mostly glaring at Jungkook. Well, that’s a story for another time.

The boys sprinted out of the car as soon as it came to a halt. They headed to the game booths first, courtesy of Hoseok’s fear of literally 90% of the rides in the carnival and Taehyung demanding Jungkook to win him a toy bunny. Namjoon like Jungkook, was for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter