Flowers Are Pretty

Looking At You

A bobbed-hair girl wearing a yellow checkered dress was humming down her neighborhood alley while recording her vlogging assignment one day. She was busy entertaining herself while on-lookers stared at how she was talking to the camera in her hand so enthusiastically, not noticing a stray plastic bag just a few meters laying ahead of her. 

 

“Hello people! As you guys can see, Spring is finally here after a long winter season. The weather temperature is changing drastically, so make sure you drink lots of water so as not to get sick. Also, for the upcoming year ahead, I bought myself some accessories. Look at this earring I bought, it’s a blue flower. Isn’t it pretty on me?” 

 

The girl then stepped on the plastic bag and it gave away a loud, crunchy sound. Surprised, the girl looked down and heaved a sigh of relief. She then pointed to her left ear and showed it off to the camera. At that instant, a familiar face appeared on the same screen as the girl. Flustered, she quickly hid the camera and turned it off. 

 

“Vivi unnie, I didn’t know you live around here.” Haseul refused to meet eyes with her elder senior attending the same school as her. The senior who’s very popular due to her soft facial features, along with her friendly personality. 

 

Without saying a word, Vivi went a step closer to the short-haired girl and whispered the answer to her ears. The sound coming from the motion of the lips sent a slight shiver down the younger girl’s spine as she quietly kept the comment to herself. Ready to break the awkward atmosphere between the two, the deer-like girl then asked her junior out nicely while stretching out her hand, as if waiting to receive the same affection she’d given to the girl. 

 

“Wanna go see the cherry blossoms with me?” The senior’s eyes closed into two crescent moons after Haseul nodded timidly. As they walked down the street together, the dove’s face couldn’t get any warmer. 


The flower is pretty.. But you're more beautiful, darling.