Last Song

A Playlist For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If today I gave up all of this. Maybe I can get you back tomorrow and that's the hardest pill to swallow ~~

A single tear escaped from her eyes.

Everything was still fresh. How she wished her well. How she sighed indicating that she didn't want it too. How she closed the door and how her faced was filled with tears after that.

She repeated the music. The chorus started playing again. The lyrics stings harder than it did before.

.

"This song should've been included on that playlist." Chorong thought, remembering of losing something that's so important to her.

She thought she left it on her house but it's not. She never found it again.

Her iPod. The idol sighed deeply after the chorus played again.

I really wish that I didn't care anymore. But I do.

Sometimes, we regret those times that we took some things for granted. Taking advantage of a certain situation.

Yet, it's hard and ridiculous to grieve for a person who's still alive.

"What if I gave up all of this. Will that bring you back to me?" She thought. But she knew she won't.

Then a soft knock broke her thoughts. And her manager appeared.

"Rong, the show will start in 5 minutes, are you ready?"

Chorong smiled and said. "I always am."

The show must go on afterall, chorong picked up her in ear piece and put in on, adjusted her mic on the most comfortable way. She gave another glimpse to herself in the mirror, checking if her tear didn't ruin the make up.

"2 minutes." Her manager added.

"I'm coming" Chorong answered before stepping out of the room, wearing the masked she always wore from the start of her career.

The innocent, yet dangerous face.

The face of a performer.

-----

Sometimes, the past just bites you at anytime of the day and it was annoying for Chorong's likings.

"Are you ready to see her again?" Eunji, her bestfriend asked.

Well their squad meet whenever they got the chance to. But since they all have different lives and priorities. Their chances to be complete lessened.

Especially when Chorong became an idol.

Eunji fetched Chorong after the show, it's just one of those rare moment that the girl will volunteer for such generosity. As if making sure that she won't missed that night.

"Who?" Playing dumb, Chorong asked.

A laughter escaped Eunji's mouth. Rather that fun, Chorong found it insulting.

"Hey. Just drop me on my house. I lost the mood to go."

"No." Eunji stated firmly. "I'm sorry, I didn't know you're still the same grumpy woman Rongie. We only got to see you for long after your busy schedule and you'll run away?"

"It's not that." Chorong answered. "It's just. Whenever we see each other. We end up fighting."

Eunji could only look at Chorong with sympathy. Although she wanted the two to make it work again together. She knew it was something out of control.

It was something up to her friends.

Although things could change in any minute. There was something hopeless in the situation.

Eunji knew what could have Chorong gave up to bring Bomi back.

Eunji smiled before changing the gear in park, then turned off the engine.

"We're here."

------------------------------------------

Now Playing: Me After You - Paul Kim

Listening to it's lyrics. Bomi realized with all the time they had dated. Chorong never failed to take care of her. Bomi smiled remembering that was the first song Chorong recommended to her.

Being a huge fan of Paul Kim, Bomi knew Chorong would influence her to listen to it.

She didn't know if listening to that playlist will do good to her. As far as she heard the first song. Her heart shattered.

Now Playing: Hope Not - Blackpink

Maybe it was for that night they let each other go.

Chorong had said she's not into relationships. That she wanted to fulfill her dreams first.

It didn't get much clear than that.

The problem was Bomi. Chorong was everything that the girl wanted.

Chorong was already training to be an idol. She's already a step away from her dream path.

Maybe Chorong was regretful with it. But they both knew how each other's dreams could have come first in their priorities.

For you, I’m okay with being hurt
Since I only gave you pain
during the time we were together
But you, the love you want
You need to meet someone
better than me and be happy...

A single tear escaped from Bomi's eyes. Maybe that was something she's seeking for.

An apology. Although it's not directly sent to her. Bomi knew all those years. Chorong still rooted for her happiness.

Now Playing: I'm Crying - Taemin

Bomi thought Maybe it's not like that for Chorong. It was never easy. That Chorong had a hard time too with their parted ways. Bomi's missing her girl so much. Yet, Chorong didn't have the courage to send a simple "hello".

She's no longer hers. Bomi would have thought to gave her a phone call though she knew it will left unanswered.

Chorong hated her. 

No?

Maybe walking away ruined them. How Bomi lied that she's happy for her achieving her dream. How Bomi lied to get rid of her.

She wanted to ask if she ever crossed on Chorong's mind all those years.

I knew your tears but I ignored them
Indifferently turned away
I only faced the future

Well Bomi guessed that the playlist answered that question. Yet, she didn't know if she would be able to listen to that playlist if Chorong didn't accidentally forget it on the sweater.

Now Playing: Eyes - Apink

Bomi knew that song. It was one of Chorong's personally written song. The song was just recently added to the playlist since Chorong just released that song on that year.

Well, it was the most recent song on the playlist.

Eyes.

It's not a secret that Chorong's favorite part of her face was her eyes.

The girl said that it's too expressive. That she wanted that eyes that only looks at her.

Bomi closed her eyes. A way to deeply sink into the music. She wanted to know the song deeper. To understand it fully.

My reflection in your eyes looks so sad (Oh)
So I’m going to let you go
Let’s stop it now (Let’s stop it now)

I won’t make it hard for you
Just say goodbye (Just say goodbye)
Will you look at me for the last time? (Ooh)
Warmly?

-----

Flashback~ Few months ago.

"Oww. Our Bomi is all grown up now. And yet nothing changed, she's still late." Eunji greeted to newly arrived woman which followed by Hayoung and Namjoo's laughter.

Bomi looked at Chorong, for a moment she saw a stranger. A woman's face-- a ruthless woman. Exactly as she remembered from the last time they stood together.

Well...

Not really.

Chorong's eyes narrowed and something sparked between them.

The old bond. The friendship. That wonderful thing. That feeling Bomi carried through her childhood.

The feeling of loving someone. And being loved bac....

Wait.

It's not.

There had never really been anything. All is just her dream. That silly girlhood imaginings.

Never a reality. And never it will turn to. Chorong had brutally made it clea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter