Tied

Rope

It was about 7 am when it happened. The road along the steep mountain was empty, isolated,  and misty. You can see only a sea of greens and tall mountain tops for miles and miles away. A dangerous path to be taking so early in the morning.

A lone white Range Rover Evoque ruled the lonely road. Cautious driving, a mindful driver it seems.

"Starry night! Byeori binanunbam~ Nega whee whee whee- " a low husky voice sings off-tune as she drives, mindful of the lack of visibility at this hour. Her singing and behavior were playful and jolly, she keeps on singing.

The person riding the shotgun laughed at her antics, slapping her shoulder mildly as she covers out of habit. Her protruding stomach safely rounded with the seatbelt. 

Taeyeon's grin is insanely wide as she listens to her wife's melodic laughter. 

"A very good morning to the Kim family~ " Taeyeon randomly announced, her voice keeps on filling the silence in the car. 

Jessica happily replied back, as she is in a playful mood herself.

"Good morning sunrise! " and they laughed.

They were happy. A perfect couple that deserves it. 

"How is our sunrise doing? Baby girl, you're not gonna be mischievous today are you? Mommy needs to rest too, you know? " Taeyeon chatted animatedly as she talks with her unborn baby, eyes never leaving the road.

Her free hand was intertwined with Jessica's. While the pregnant lady has her other hand caressing the bulging tummy affectionately as she listens to her wife's and baby's conversation fondly.

"Well, you are just excited to come out already aren't you? Your mama and I can't wait to see you too. Please come out healthily~ "

Taeyeon can't be any more content than she is already. She thought of her confession back in high school, 5 years of a strong relationship through college, 2 years as a fiancee, and finally married for 3 and counting. She has a perfect life, and she's grateful for it. 

"The fog is thick. We should have wait until the sunrise " Jessica worriedly said, hand unconsciously gripping Taeyeon's a bit tighter

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows as she pays extra attention to the road, all the while caressing Jessica's hand.

"Yeah. I hope there won't be any cars on the other side, I could barely see the road " Taeyeon provided

"Just drive below 80, we don't have to rush, baby " Jessica softly told her, it's as if they're so compatible that they could give comfort so easily.

For the next 15 minutes, the ride was smooth, there wasn't any car or they haven't encountered any yet at least. The Mountain Road was long then they had expected.

"Why don't you check on Google Maps? We've been on this road for quite some time " Taeyeon suggested

Jessica silently does as given. 

"Oh. Wow, it's quite long. 63 kilometers apparently, I think we're halfway through " 

Taeyeon hummed.

"The fog is slowly dispersing too "

"Do you think we're the last to arrive? "

"I'm sure Hyo, Yul, and Soo would somehow get lost on their own, so no "

Jessica chuckled at her wife's dry remark.

"Fany and Seo must have arrived, Yoona and Sunny shou- "

BOOM

Suddenly the tires blew up and the car screeched along the road, Taeyeon hastily tried to control the steering wheel, but the startling outbreak caused a late reaction to her, by the time she gets her hands on the handler the car was spinning towards the road divider.

Jessica was screaming the whole time, calling out for Taeyeon. She gripped the dashboard tightly and squeezed her eyes shut. When she opened it, she sees green.

"SICA! " she remembers falling. And then empty.

-

Taeyeon woke up with rings in her ears. She feels pain as soon as she woke. 

Groaning, she tried to lift her head slowly. 

What..., she thought

"Sica.. " she panicked, she turns to her left quickly while ignoring her aching body and headache

Jessica was still safely strapped to her seatbelt. Her head slumped to the side, motionless. 

To Taeyeon's horror, the mirror to Jessica's side was completely shattered, some tiny shards definitely have wounded her arms, and the side of her head was drenched with blood.

"Sica. Jessica! Baby.. " she hastily called out. 

Taeyeon's seatbelt was snapped perhaps sometimes during the impact. She noticed some blotch of blood on her collar. Her right leg was oppressed somehow and it hurt terribly. 

She still pushed herself to move to Jessica, despite the overwhelming discomfort every time she put even a bit of pressure on her leg.

When she managed to settle herself closer to her unconscious wife, she immediately lowered the seat into a sleeping position.

Their car must have taken a fall from the backside. The front side was facing the mountain tops, she can see exactly the spot where they had fallen from, the divider was completely destroyed. Taeyeon assumes they're about 500 meters down, stuck somewhere which saved them from crashing straight to the ground much below them. Taeyeon was glad when she sees no shards penetrating Jessica's stomach. She hopes their baby is fine. 

Taeyeon breathes from when the pain in her leg spiked. Her injuries are not to her concern but her wife right now.

She cups Jessica's cheeks and pats it urgently, calling out her name softly and worriedly at the same time. 

Jessica didn't respond. 

"... Please, Sica. You have to help me, I can't do this alone... " she pleadingly whispered as she eyed her wife's bloody face, her fingers unconsciously tracing her skin. Miraculously, Jessica's eyes started to flutters.

A soft groan escaped , her face contorted in dismay.

"Oh thank God... " Taeyeon relented in relief

"Tae... " the pregnant woman croaked, hand searching for her wife's which Taeyeon gladly took

"Are you okay? Is our baby okay?  You're fine right? God, your head is bleeding terribly. " Taeyeon bombarded urgently, tracing every inch of her wife's body just to be sure

Jessica stop her immediately when she was almost breathless from worrying too much

"I'm good. I'm sure the baby's good too... " Jessica gasped, wincing as she feels her head throbbing 

Taeyeon almost panicked, she carefully cupped the sides of Jessica's head and inspected the bleeding area, trying to search for the wound

". Oh . You're losing blood, honey " Taeyeon hushed horrifically

Jessica sees the fear in her eyes and felt her heartbreaking at the scared Kim.

Determined to ease that fear, she grasped Taeyeon's wrists and pulled it away from her head

Taeyeon looked at her with the same fear and, wondering why

Trying to push the pain in her head aside, Jessica smiled although weakly, appearing reassuring for the second.

"It's fine, I'll be fine, we'll be fine.. " whispers spread between them

Taeyeon swallowed and nodded, her eyes moistened. She's afraid to voice out anything right now, not when she ​​​​​can't assure the safety they desperately need.

Taeyeon looks around the battered car's interior, trying to think. Think of something. Anything. 

Due to how the car had fallen, facing upward, Taeyeon thought it's better to sit somewhere far more stable and flat than the front seats. Moreover, with Jessica's bleeding head, the seat is a bit too narrow, she's gonna lose blood quicker than normal. 

"Sica, I'm gonna need your help, okay baby? " Jessica nodded, trying to mask her pain as best as she could. 

Taeyeon takes a deep breath before pushing her body forward, toward the back seats, her injured leg screaming in protest. 

She carefully lands herself on the seat, cautious of the car's stability and whatever foundation that holding them up. She s under the seats looking for access to fold the seat so that she can reach their belongings in the trunk. 

She managed to fold it over in the end. Her hands were quick to pull out two bags, one full of everything necessary for Jessica, and the other one was filled with snacks and water. They had anticipated today to be a long ride over to Soojin, Sooyoung's older sister's new home in the Jeollanam-do province. It's gonna be her wedding in 2 days. 

Taeyeon put both bags neatly under the seats, with the zips opened to ease their work if they need anything.

Taeyeon went back to the front, the pain in her leg is getting easier to ignore as she has set her priority to make sure Jessica is okay.

"Okay baby, I can't carry you fully, so be strong for me, darling, we need to get to the back to stop your bleeding and attain stability and comfort both. Can you do that for me? " Taeyeon lovingly inquired, her mind always reminding her not to put pressure on Jessica mentally in this dire situation. 

Okay. "Jessica answered shortly, hissing to the slightest movement as the pain in her head intensifies. 

Taeyeon carefully put her arm under the woman's neck, her other hand supporting Jessica's side as she was lifted up into a sitting position. 

Jessica grasped onto Taeyeon's forearm, eyes shut tightly at the sudden spike that hit her. " Taeyeon, everything is spinning.. " 

Taeyeon concluded she must be experiencing a concussion. Which is very, very bad.

"I understand baby, but please endure it until we're safely at the back, please? We need to get back. For me, for our Sunrise, work with me, honey. " Jessica nodded despite the pain. She has to ease the job for them both. She has to be strong. 

Taeyeon made sure half of her is at the back already as she continues to assist and instruct her wife as cautiously as possible. "Just push your body with your legs and slide to the back, I'll hold you. Don't worry, okay? " Jessica did as said, groaning in pain but she kept pushing herself back.

A few minutes passed and they were both safely at the back. Taeyeon sits on the very left, supporting Jessica's head and upper body. She reached out to the back pocket of the passenger seat where they had stored the first aid kit. Having experience in using the stuff before, Taeyeon didn't hesitate to apply the iodine to Jessica's gaping wound and discarding some glass shards on her arm away and applying the same. Jessica hissed and hissed, but Taeyeon keeps going while whispering sweet encouraging words to her beloved. Feeling sorry that she's hurting. 

"Sica, this will hurt, really bad, but I have to do this to stop the bleeding.. " Taeyeon reasoned gravely. Holding up a needle with a thread already tied to it.

Jessica was scared less. But knowing that there's no other option, she closed her eyes tight, protests stuck in . She nodded and wait for the piercing pain to greet her flesh. 

Taeyeon didn't want to hurt her more. But this is their only option. She carefully threaded the open flesh. 

The process was excruciatingly long. And painful in Jessica's case. She kept screaming every time the needle pierced her. But she held back a lot too. She was half crying when the gruesome tiny operation ended. And Taeyeon was in tears. It pained her so much to see her wife screaming and jerking like that. Never again, she thought.

Taeyeon finished the process by applying bandage and closing the wound on Jessica's arm with plasters. 

Jessica was breathing heavily then, the tension she went through to endure the pain was high.

"Great job, darling. I'm proud of you.. " Taeyeon whispered, kissing the woman's temple. 

"You're bleeding too... " Jessica said hoarsely, eyeing Taeyeon's forehead with a cut on it.

She reached out for plaster in the first aid kit, and carefully apply it on the cut.

Taeyeon smiled upon the thoughtful action. Despite being the more injured one between the two, Jessica is observant of her. That's love.

"Is your leg okay? " 

"My leg is fine, it's probably just bruising. I don't think it's fractured, else I won't be able to move. "

Jessica smiled in relief. She grasped Taeyeon's hand tighter. Finding comfort. Taeyeon reciprocates squeeze.

"We'll get out of here. Safe and sound, I promise. " Taeyeon muttered, albeit her voice quivered a bit. She was scared, but she has to be brave. For Jessica. 


Taeyeon tried looking for their phones, which, fortunately, she found Jessica's(and her own but it was completely shattered.)

Sitting by the front seat, she inspects the phone, hoping to find some signal. (She had supported Jessica's head with a folded towel)

"There's no signal. But I can try sending location and some explanation to Fany.. Hopefully, after some time, it'll send... " Taeyeon declared, executing her words and making sure she opened the mobile data, she checked the time before placing the phone in her back pocket. (It's been almost 3 hours since they crashed which mean they were out for a couple of hours)

Suddenly, Jessica called her in urgency. Her breathing became labored.

"Sica? " Taeyeon did not register what was happening until she sees a form of liquid wetting the leather seat. From Jessica's lower counterpart. 

"Holy - "

Jessica scrunched her face, twisting in pain, her hands pressing on her stomach. She broke her water. She's giving birth.

Taeyeon cursed and cursed as she rushed to the back. Good thing was, Jessica was wearing a dress, Taeyeon was quick to discard the when she reached back, inspecting her wife's lower part that already has a dilate. Bad thing was, Taeyeon want to panic, plus the fact that she's a goddamn architect, not a doctor. What is she to do?! 

Jessica keeps groaning as Taeyeon stilled in her place. She panicked.

"Tae... Tae! It hurts... Taeyeon! " Jessica screams in pain, calling out. 

Taeyeon managed to snap out of her reverie, Jessica! Right, Jessica... Her mind played out. Her priority..

Recalling back whatever dramas she had watched with such scene, Taeyeon situated in between Jessica's legs, gulping in crashing anxiety.

"Sica. Sooyeon, the baby, when I say push, push your hardest okay? Work with me honey, please, please. " Taeyeon pleaded. Jessica in a whimpering, already drenched in sweat, nodded seamlessly, can not find the word to force out. She was just in so much pain. 

Taeyeon focuses on the dilating entrance that's slowly getting bigger, blood, and the broken water mixed up.

"Okay, baby, push! " and Jessica pushes with all her might, screaming and gritting her teeth all the while. Her back arch, her neck twisting left and right. The pain was too much.

"You're doing great, honey... Push! " again and again, until Jessica felt all her strength leaving her, she slumped, breathing heavily, eyes droopy, numb.

"No no no no, no! Sica! Baby, don't give up yet, I'm here. I'm here. Our sunrise needs you to fight, darling, please, please, please... " Taeyeon pleads. She was scared. So very scared. What if Jessica loses and she loses both of her loved ones? She can't have that. Not when she can do something.

Jessica couldn't really hear the world anymore. Everything was spinning and distorted, her concussion is affecting her too much. But she can somewhat hear Taeyeon's desperate pleading. She can fear in Taeyeon's quivering voice. ​​Taeyeon. 

Giving her all, ignoring the pain and the dizziness, she pushes. 

Taeyeon elated when she sees a pair of feet sticking out.

"A bit more baby, a bit more, our sunrise is arriving! " and Jessica keeps on pushing. 

She pushes for the last time and slumped completely exhausted.

A loud cry filled the air, 500 meters below a cliff, Taeyeon cries too.

"She's here. " the new parent whispered 

 Taeyeon hurriedly, yet carefully rummaged the bag and wrap the tiny body with a towel, wiping any remainder of blood on her face. 

Taeyeon was in joy when she looks up to Jessica, face drenched in happy and relieved tears. 

She frowned.

"Honey...? " she murmured in question. Jessica wasn't responding and her eyes were closed. 

Fear wash over Taeyeon's conscience. She moved to Jessica's side, carefully putting the baby on Jessica's right arm and shoulder, the baby was fast asleep. 

"Sica? " Taeyeon holds up her left hand, it was limp.

Taeyeon put her ear to Jessica's chest, searching for a heartbeat, her eyes wild.

Ba-dump. Ba-dump. Ba-dump.

It was faint, but it's there. Taeyeon was at least relieved that her wife was alive. 

Taeyeon pried open Jessica's eye. Bless all of that medical drama she watched, she at least knows what to check. 

Grave. The situation was grave. Jessica's retina is dilated. She's passed out. While having a concussion. 

".. Sica. Sica, you need to wake up! " Taeyeon urged the woman to wakes, but to no avail, Jessica was knocked out cold. All of the exhaustion from giving birth and the concussion has taken a huge toll on her fragile body. 

Taeyeon was frustrated. She can't comprehend, why. Why? Why are they facing such bad calamity? 

Taeyeon pulled out the phone to check the time. 12:34 pm.

It seems time passed so fast. 

Taeyeon was out for a moment. She only realized it when a whimper reached her ears. Looking back, their sunrise is awake. Awake and healthy and-

Taeyeon carefully lifts the fragile baby up, to her chest. She coddled her daughter lovingly. 

"Hello, sunrise... Welcome to this world. I hope you grow up healthy and kind... " 

Taeyeon's expression saddened as she gazes at her wife's serene face.

"Mommy.. Mommy is tired, so she's sleeping now. But she'll wake up later and- and she will feed you, and tell you she loves you... Okay? " Taeyeon's face scrunched painfully. Too much pain. Her heart feels like it's gonna burst. She was afraid. Weak. Hopeless and submissive to fate. She could only pray. 

As if she could sense her mother's sadness, little sunrise makes a sound. It sounded happy. It just does. 

Taeyeon stared at her newly born daughter in wonder.

She chuckles.

"Thank you, baby. I'm happy you're here. " 

 


 

Taeyeon doesn't know how long has it been, but the sky has darkened considerably. It's gonna rain soon. 

The little sunrise has fallen asleep yet again. Taeyeon had put her back on her mother who was still out cold. 

Every second that passed with Jessica not responding, was hell to Taeyeon. Jessica could slip into a coma with her concussion. She should be staying awake. But she won't even budge now.

Taeyeon checks on her heartbeat every 30 minutes. She stopped looking at the phone since the battery is running low. If anything, she hopes their message reached Tiffany. 

Thunder started to crackdown. Taeyeon looked out of the window, noting at how the wind was blowing hard, from the shattered front window she can even hear the sound of the wind howling. It's gonna storm, which, by God, is worse than rain.

Taeyeon fidgets in her place, she was more than worried at this point. Sure the car has been considered stable, however, with such weather, Taeyeon can't even settle down in peace. They don't even know what is it that saved them from plummeting down. Is it safe, is it not? 

"Taeyeon… " 

Taeyeon snapped hearing the voice, Jessica was awake, finally. 

"Sica! " Taeyeon exclaimed in relief. Grasping the woman's lino hand in hers.

Jessica was a bit disoriented, her head is still hurting, but she was vivid nonetheless. 

Jessica almost panicked thinking about the last thing she remembered before passing out. 

"Our baby! " Taeyeon hold her back from sitting up so suddenly.

A small whimper reached her ears. The newly awaken woman finally could make out the weight on her chest. 

Taeyeon was smiling softly as she witnesses the realization dawning on Jessica's face when she sees her baby. Their baby. For a moment, all the worries weighing down her chest did.

Jessica was tearing up as she looks at her baby, bundled up, and all curled up on her chest. She carefully traces her finger along with the tiny creature's baby hair and plum cheek. The emotions she's feeling was overwhelming. She's in love with her baby.

"She's so tiny… " Jessica croaked out in a whisper 

Taeyeon chuckled amidst her own blurry eyes. She nods. "Yeah, she is… "

Jessica cradles the baby in one arm and kisses her soft head with love. 

"What are we naming her? " Taeyeon inquired. They don't actually have a name they've decided on.

Jessica was looking at her baby lovingly, cradling her, thoughtful. She squeezed her hand that was in Taeyeon's and said;

"Hwi-In. Kim Hwi-In. " Jessica said wistfully.

The huge smile on Taeyeon's face might as well stay there permanently. 

"It's a beautiful name. I love it. It suits her. " the two smiles at each other.

"Hwi-In-ah, welcome sunrise… " Taeyeon coddled, tweaking the sleeping child's little button nose.

"We'll welcome you better when we get out of here… "

"We will, Tae… we will " Jessica hoped.

Taeyeon needed that.

 

 


 

"Are you sure this is the right coordination? " the burly guy enquired, Tiffany nodded, she wanted to be insane in this situation, but she can't.

"Yes. I don't know when the message was specifically sent, I got it around 3 pm and my friend said she don't know when it would have reached me. I could only imagine how long they've been trapped, please send rescue. " 

Tiffany had received Taeyeon's message a bit too late because the phone had finally died. Therefore she couldn't have tried to contact them. 

Knowing how Taeyeon would never lie about such a situation, she had gone straight away to the main building of the province's fire station. She forwarded the message to the rest of the group, they've decided to go to the polices, and call the ambulance and will be joining Tiffany any moment now. 

The burly man, seemingly the captain of the team, quickly ordered the people in the workspace about some rescue thingy reference Tiffany could care less about. She was just worried about her friends' condition. Taeyeon hadn't notified their physical condition, and plus with Jessica being heavily pregnant, Tiffany could only think of the worst happening. 

 


The wind around the mountains area is getting scarily stronger by the second. Soon enough pitter-patter of the rain could be heard as it hits the rooftop of the broken car. 

Taeyeon made sure to rummage the trunk as far as her short hands could reach, finding more towels to cover Jessica's body and the baby as the air got colder.

"Taeyeon ah, you should eat some bread, you didn't eat any breakfast earlier, it's been hours " Jessica croaked firmly 

Taeyeon sighed. She is very much hungry, but thinking about the worst possibility that could happen if nobody comes to help them, she can't waste food, in her definition, for herself. 

"No, Sica. What if we're gonna get stuck there for more than a day? We only have two buns left and I will keep them for you. " Taeyeon said adamantly

Jessica frowned in obvious disappointment. Taeyeon was just being selfish. 

"Stop being selfish, Kim Taeyeon. I can take care of myself, and so do you, eat something even just a tiny portion of the bread, please " Jessica started off in anger, which eventually fades into desperate pleading.

Taeyeon, knowing full well Jessica won't let the matter slide, decided it's better to just do as she said as long as she won't get so worked up. Not in her condition, which obviously needs to be attended by a professional, but they don't have that luxury right now, do they?

"Alright…." The Kim relented, snatching one of the bread from its wrapper, munching on it begrudgingly, or she tries to be. 

Jessica meanwhile, smiles in satisfaction and victory. 

They need to hold on and be in their best condition. She hopes help will come soon. She believes. 

 


500 miles away from their location, a rescue helicopter was flying, searching for them. The situation was hectic and in a rush as a storm was detected, and it's happening fast. Two fire trucks and 3 police units have been sent to stroll the highway. Time was cramping their situation, and they can't waste any. 

"Sir, a signal of a strong west wind is coming upfront at 25mp/h "

"Inform the polices and the firefighters, we need to find them quickly "

"Copy sir. " 

Meanwhile, at the same time, the firefighters and the police eventually found the broken divider which the Kims fell through from.

"Inform the air squad immediately! Get the firefighters! "

 


"Is there anyone down there?! Please answer us! " the loud order goes one and one, Taeyeon freezes her eyes wide.

Jessica had passed out again just a few minutes ago, sending Taeyeon into hysteria.

Fumbling, the injured woman started to shout with all her might.

"YES! YES, WE'RE HERE, PLEASE HELP!! " her shout was so loud that it sent the newborn, Hwi-In startled. She began to cry loudly. But Taeyeon couldn't afford to attend to her right this moment.

The people from above were delighted and at the same time rigid knowing that they are still alive. 

It is because of the narrowed path they're stuck at. One wrong move and they would plummet down to their death, 500 feet down below. 

The firefighters run around, preparing one of their members to go down. 

Taeyeon clasped on Jessica limp hand, her free hand on the crying newborn.

"Sica... We're gonna get soon, baby, please be fine... " Taeyeon whispered her teary eyes on the unconscious woman.

"Hwi-In ah... Mommy will be fine, and you'll get to see the world soon. " Taeyeon cooed despite the crying

It was a hard mission that took hours to complete. The rescue mission got carried away up to 3 hours, most of the time they had to be mindful of the horrible storm. Tiffany and the rest of the girls came by and stayed the whole time. It was one of their worst life experience yet, waiting there waiting for a positive report, worrying.

An officer approached them who were ordered to wait inside of one of the police van.

"They are being pulled to safety using the helicopter and will be sent straight to the nearest hospital. We got the new report, Mrs. Kim apparently had given birth hours ago before Miss Tiffany received the message. " the girls were very shocked.

"Is the baby alright? What about Jessica? " Sunny inquired 

"From what we heard the baby is healthy, but she will be checked by the doctors soon as they reach the hospital " they sighed in relief.

"As for Mrs. Kim... We fear she's suffering from life-threatening injuries. Mrs. Kim Taeyeon, however, is in better condition. Once they are set to go to the hospital our officer will drive you guys there immediately. "

That set the worries down their stomach, like an acid.

"Oh my God... " 


Taeyeon woke up to a blurry sight and a banging headache. She remembers collapsing as they finally lifted her into the helicopter.

She also remembers being saved after Hwi-In, and before Jessica.

Jessica…

She fought the soreness of her patched body to get out of the hospital bed. 

The door to her private ward opened, and a surprised Sooyoung came into sight.

"Taeyeon! " the shikshin ran forth towards the struggling midget, supporting her upper body as she sits.

"So, where's Jessica? Where's our baby? Are they all alright? " Taeyeon rambled, her eyes spelling panicked 

Sooyoung nodded in a "Yes" affirmation, soothing the panicked woman with tiny gestures.

"Yes, yes they are both alright. Hwi-In has been under our care for the past three days. " Taeyeon startled. "Three days? "

Sooyoung seems to reach actualization.

"Oh right, I missed that information. But yes, you've been unconscious for 3 days. " Sooyoung provided nonchalantly, shrugging 

Taeyeon blinked as if in dazed.

"And Jess? What about Sooyeon? She had a concussion and was bleeding a lot, not to mentioned she freaking gave birth in that condition. "

Sooyoung looked a bit sympathetic, but nonetheless not too worried

"Sica is still unconscious, unfortunately. Fortunately, she's only under a medically induced coma, it's good that you happen to wake up today, they're releasing the doses on her right now, she should wake up soon. Tiffany and Sunny are observing her and the doctors. The rest of the girls are with Hwi-In in the private waiting room, Yuri went to the lobby to fetch the takeouts. " 

Taeyeon's face turned considerably worried and scared.

"Her condition, Soo. "

"Stable. Um, well she was in surgery the moment you guys landed on the rooftop, nothing big, just to remove some blood clots. Mild concussion, and a badly bruised ribs, blood loss too, but she's alright now. You, on the other hand, a fractured ankle, won't be able to move a lot for a month. Figured you couldn't feel the pain while being trapped because of adrenaline. "

Taeyeon sighed in mild relief.

"Thank God… "

She looks up and meets Sooyoung's eyes.

"Take me to the girls, Soo. I want to see Hwi-In. Please. " 

"Sure thing. " 

 

 


 

Jessica opened her eyes to be met in an unfamiliar room. 

What's that annoying beeping sound? Ah. Hospital. She's in the hospital.

"Taeyeon… " she croaked

A hand covered hers, limp by her side.

"Sooyeon, you're awake! " Taeyeon's relieved and happy voice greets her.

"Jessi! " Tiffany…

"Unnie! "

"Sica! "

"Jess! " and so is the whole family. 

"We're home… " Jessica said, more in the tone of a statement than a questioning.

Taeyeon's smiling face comes into view.

"We made it, as you said… "

Jessica wanted to cry, but only a single tear escaped her eyes. 

"Where's… Hwi-In? "

"Right here… I know it's not a very pretty time to say this but, on behalf of everyone, congrats on being parents guys. " Sunny said, handing the newborn to her mother, Jessica accepted the small bundle of joy with eagerness.

She kissed the wrinkled forehead lovingly, Taeyeon's hand on her stomach.

"Good Lord, Hwi-In ah… you're home now.. " she whispered to the child's ear

The baby makes a tiny noise as if acknowledging her mother. It brought joy to everyone inside the room.

"You guys gave us quite the scarce, Hwi-In is an angel to have to brighten our thoughts the days you two were unconscious " Yuri provided

"Yoong and Hyunnie couldn't stop cooing her " Hyoyeon add

"To be fair, she liked us the most " Yoona stated, the older members looking a bit offended

"And to be fair again, we were actually looking after her " Seohyun innocently said

Tiffany stopped Sooyoung who was about to join in the banter as she cut them off;

"That's enough guys, fight it out some other time, we just got our sisters back home, and a new addition to our family! "

They all looked at the new Kim family with endearment. 

"Taeyeon ah, Jessi, Hwi-In ah… " Tiffany began

"Welcome home. " 

Nothing beats coming home safely to your family. 

 


I may have rushed a bit by the part lol. I struggled a lot writing this, it was something new for me. This was supposed to be published on 930 LAST YEAR but I never got around it to figure out. Also, sorry for the 5 days delay. I got busy and lost my motivation.

Anyway, I worked really hard on this. Please comments, vote, and subscribes a lot!

Love ya!

-moonsun_ship