01 | Goals partially achieved.

Complexities of "Me"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⋆❃⋆

With his heart threatening to break free from his rib cage, Dongpyo stared back at Sihoon, wide eyed while mentally questioning the entire situation. Faint murmurs resume filling the air, those fighting for a spot within the Black Dragons began assuming what was possibly running in Sihoon's head.

"Is he considering Dongpyo?"

"You've gotta be kidding me..."

Knitting his eyebrows upon picking up a few of their whispers, Dongpyo shifted his gaze before settling it on the floor below his feet.

"Son Dongpyo", his name gracefully slipping out of Sihoon's mouth had him lift his gaze.

"Congratulations, you're officially a member of the Black Dragons!", proceeded Sihoon, before surprised gasps filled the air.

An unpredictable impossibility was made real.

Walking towards the astonished teenager, Sihoon held out his hand once close. The moment his brain finally found its capability of interpreting what had just happened, Dongpyo took the latter's hand for a handshake.

"Thank you, thanks a lot for granting me this opportunity", he couldn't stop expressing his gratitude, felt was in short of words.

"I simply did my job. Thanks to you for sparing our auditions some of your time, otherwise we wouldn't have found someone as capable as you," his smile never leaving his face, Sihoon gently patted Dongpyo's shoulder.

Did he just... compliment me?

Once again, his mind drifted elsewhere as he fetched for a memory where he was complimented for something other than his high academic performance, but to no avail.

Chuckles slipped out of the latter's mouth as he found Dongpyo's flustered self quiet amusing, snapping him out of his trance, who finally managed mirroring his smile. Exchanging glances in utter confusion and disgust, those who failed making it into the famous dancing club silently took their leave.

"We'll be having a meeting tomorrow during preps, make sure you make it here in time. I'll have to brief you through our rules and other important stuff," went on Sihoon.

Bidding his goodbyes, Sihoon took his leave. Soon, his co-members left the room too, threw the tiny guy indecipherable glances as they walked past him. Dongpyo was left burning in curiosity as he attempted figuring out their impression on the fact he's now part of their club, but couldn't reach for a conclusion.

The last member to walk out, Kim Yohan, was an exception. Wearing a neutral expression on his face, his pace was oddly too slow as if deliberately slacking behind. Once close to Dongpyo, his steps came to a halt. Exchanging glances, giggles slipped out of their throats before Yohan flung his arm over the latter's shoulders.

"You made it buddy!" cheered Yohan.

"Thanks to you, I wouldn't have considered auditioning," Dongpyo smiled back ever so radiantly.

"I'm glad finally our time together wouldn't be as limited as it used to be, we're both part of the club now," went on Yohan, excited at the thought of what the future has in store for them.

"Were the others against me joining, or?" questioned Dongpyo what had been running in his head every since he briefly made eye contact with the black dragons.

"Well... they were OK with you being part of us," averting his gaze, Yohan thought it'd be better to conceal the truth.

Few seconds of silence passed before Yohan decided to break the sudden awkward atmosphere. 

"Offcourse it took some convincing from your favourite hyung," he proceeded boasting himself.

Feeling less uneasy regarding the thought of whether he'd be welcomed wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter