00 | Road to a new start.

Complexities of "Me"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⋆❃⋆

With an impressive dexterity, Dongpyo twirled his pen through his fingers as he stared ahead, stoic faced. Stealing a glance at him, his seatmate, Jinwoo, was utterly amazed at how Dongpyo had his full attention on their mentor, assuming he understood every single word the old man spat, yet to Jinwoo, he sounded like he was speaking in a foreign language due to the complexity each of his sentences bore.

Little did he know, his tiny, smart headed seatmate was only present in class physically. Despite intently staring at the teacher, his brain hovered elsewhere far away from class as he kept a close count on every passing second. He couldn't wait until lessons were over to find out if he'd manage to successfully turn a new page of his life...

A new page of his identity.

A new page of his social world, and achieve his personal set goals.

Soon, the bell echoed throughout the building as the lesson came to an end. With classes being dismissed, students sped their way to the exit, thankful to the fact their tiring school day has come to an end. Flinging his backpack over his shoulder, Dongpyo proceeded towards the exit when his friend called out.

"Hyung!"

His steps halting, he his back.

"What is it, Jinwoo?"

"Where are you heading off to in such a hurry without me?" his signature, vibrant smile etched on his lips.

"Uh, well... I have some important business to attend to," awkwardly scratching his nape, Dongpyo responded before flashing him a faint smile.

"Is that so? See you tomorrow then," despite detecting the latter's uneasiness, Jinwoo concluded it'd be safer to let it slide for the meantime.

Moreover, in the past few days, he's been feeling the presence of a void gap, distancing the two with each and every passing day. Their conversations where never the same, interactions dangerously minimised, threatening the status of their friendship. Regardless of these thoughts, Jinwoo refused to mentaly exhaust himself, pondering over them hence resolved to trusting his dear friend.

Perhaps, are school schedules being so tight is the reason... He assured himself everytime he was bothered.

"Sure, take care of yourself on your way home," flashing him one last glance, Dongpyo took his leave.

"He didn't even wait for my reply, nor bothered patting my head teasingly," Jinwoo mumbled under his breath once left alone in class.

Shaking the negative thoughts off his head, he left the room.

Contrary to the swarm of students walking down the corridors, heading towards the exit, Dongpyo headed towards a different destination. He walked his way to the room where the dancing club titled "Black Dragons" held their meetings, picking up his pace with every step he took forward. Those with a similar goal as him were lined up next to the room's entrance, soon throwing him confused glances.

"That kiddo too auditioned to join the black dragons?"

"You've gotta be kidding me... Why would they even consider including this baby in their crew?"

"Had I been in his shoes, I wouldn't embarrass myself auditioning"

Were the few murmurs he could pick from those present next to him. Though it extremely infuriated him, an argument would take him nowhere, if not further lower his chances of skimming his way into the "Black Dragons". Once desperate, one must stay humble regardless of the situation.

Meanwhile, inside the room, the club members were still contemplating on who to pick to fill in the gap left behind by their ex-member.

"Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter