Waiting Period

The Station

  

It was a fine morning when a couple stepped upon the platform together. The man was having a crow-cut hair though it was covered with the snapback that he was wearing. The snapback however didn’t hide the signature military outfit that he wore on his physic. The black tee of ROKA with a silver tag hanging on his necklace together with a shiny black military boots that he adorned or the small duffel bag in green that he also carried by his side.

The woman however was a beauty despite the sorrow shown within her eyes or the slow gait that she took next to him. The white lace summer dress that she wore was his favorite, and her lips were caked up with his favorite orange-red lip tint aside from the natural glowing look that she had on. Her blonde hair was wavy and full blown with the summer morning breeze. This image of hers was what he wanted to save for months to come.

Soon, the siren was heard and the announcement was made as all the passengers were required to step in as the train was always on schedule. The couple though was still seated by the waiting bench. The girl was not having him to go away with how her arms tighten themselves around his waist and him pretended to not hearing the announcement as he buried his face into her scent of hair, and they stayed that way for the longest of time.

Until the siren sounded twice and much louder than before, signaling that it was time to go, to get a move on. “Take care of yourself. Eat a lot and try to rest. I know you are tight on the military schedule but please try not to put more pressure on your ankle. I don’t want to hear another gossip on how you are being admitted because of it. Don’t try to be a hero. I love you,” she said as she slowly let go and stood from the seat.

His arms were still around her as they walked slowly towards the stairs leading to the door. He nodded as she reminded him over of what the doctor and the family had been saying countlessly. Nearing the bar where she couldn’t cross, they faced each other as he took hold of her face and slowly leaning down to kiss her forehead before lingering there sweetly. Then he pecked her lips, “I love you too and wait for me”.

Another hug and he turned her away from him, “Go home, I’ll be fine, take care of yourself and send my regards to all,” as he whispered in her ear before pushing her to walk away. “Go,” he urged her as he saw her hesitation to take a step forward, and as he witnessed how she tried to walk in pride and strong, he also saw her stop midway and her right hand was lifted to her face as to wipe the tears away before taking off into a run.

And as her shadow was no longer seen, he turned and picked the duffel bag before running up to the waiting train, entering it just before the door closed on him. While for him to search over his assigned seat, she was hiding by the automatic door to have another last glance on him who was going away. It would be months before he came back. It would be a long period of time for loneliness to be with her. But still, she waited as she promised him.

  

# i'd written this with GTae in mind but as you can see

it has no name mention so whoever your bias is suited to fit in :))

## i knew that Ji is coming home but i wrote this during his enlistment ;(

it'd been a while since forever

ENJOY~