Chapter 1

Propose

I let out a loud sigh, I haven’t finished packing for my Taipei trip. I just got home from doing overtime, I have to finish all the pending works because of my vacation leave I filed. “What’s wrong jagi?”, my boyfriend asked me. “I haven’t prepared for the Taipei trip and the flight is already tomorrow morning”, I answered. “Go wash up first, then let’s have dinner and I’ll help you pack.” Andy said. “Ne.”- I answered.

After washing up, I helped him set the table. “Where do you want to eat? Here or in front of the tv?” I asked. “TV! Let’s watch some shows while eating”, he excitedly answered. I set the table, making sure that the side dishes that I prepared are already complete, he brought the dish he cooked.

We both love cooking, and once in a while, we visit each other’s house, cook and eat together. He prepared dakbokkeumtang (braised chicken). “Soju?”, I asked. “Sure!”, he answered.

We enjoyed eating and I washed the dishes. He said he would do it but I insisted on doing it anyways. “You have to rest oppa. The flight tomorrow morning is really early. After that, are you going to do some rehearsals?” I said. “No rehearsals, but I have to film something and there’s also a photoshoot.”, he said.

Every year, he would be having a fanmeet in Taiwan. The organizer, promoter is a charity and the proceeds help people. I always appreciated this schedule of his. Unfortunately, because of my work, I always miss out this one. But this year, I made sure that I will be able to attend. I filed a vacation leave 2 months before the event, I asked him to inform me as early as possible so that I can file the leave early.

After finishing the dishes, I grabbed my luggage and started packing. I counted how many days we would be staying there, “Oh, we just have 2 days, tomorrow, and the day of the fanmeet. Because we will be back on Sunday”, I blurted out. “Yes, you don’t have to bring a lot of clothes. Pack light”, he said.

I started getting clothes from my closet, I prepared my toiletries and the other things I might need. “I have to make sure my camera is fully charged. I want to take a lot of pictures.” I said. “Then take photos of me.” he said. “ I stared at him and cringed, he also cringed after what he said. We laughed after that.

“Are you done? Won’t you bring shoes?” he asked. “Nope, I’ll just use one pair throughout the trip.” I answered. “How can you do that?”, he asked and just stared at me. “It’s just 2 days, I don’t need to change shoes while staying there. A pair is enough.” I said.

After talking for few more minutes, I asked him to go home already so that he can already rest. He left and went home.

I’m already preparing to sleep when a notification came in.

[Aengdu: I’m home]

[Aengdu: Good night! Sleep tight and have good dreams]

[Me: That’s great. You should rest also! see you tomorrow :*]