kisses

Baby It's Cold Outside

Kunhang arrived at the shop early. 

It was 4:45 in the evening, and Ten's shift started at 5:00. In Ten's place right now was a girl with big eyes who was tall and looked like a much prettier, cuter Yoda. Her name tag read 'Tzuyu', and she was very nice, but Kunhang almost couldn't wait for Ten to arrive. 

"Are you waiting for someone?" Tzuyu asked. 

"Yeah." Kunhang paused. "I'm waiting for Ten, actually." 

"Oh!" Tzuyu smiled widely. "You're that guy, then. The one he went to a movie with." 

"Yep," Kunhang said, delighted. "He talked about me?" 

"Yeah." Tzuyu cocked her head to one side. "You really are cute." 

She whisked away to help the next customer, leaving Kunhang with a warm, fuzzy sort of feeling inside. Ten talked about him? Ten told his coworkers Kunhang was cute? He couldn't hold back his smile. 

Finally, at last, Ten arrived. He came straight over to Kunhang and bent to kiss the top of his head. "Hi! I hope you didn't have to wait around for ages." 

"About fifteen minutes," Kunhang replied. "It's okay. Tzuyu was really nice." 

He paused, inhaled and asked, "Did you.... did you tell your coworkers I was cute?" 

Ten's smile faltered. "Does that bother you? I'm sorry." 

"It doesn't," Kunhang said heartily. "I just couldn't believe you actually found me cute.

Ten dropped into the chair next to him. "You are cute though." 

Kunhang blushed. "You're cuter." 

"No, you," Ten said, his smile returning. 

"You!" 

"You," Ten giggled, and Kunhang resisted the urge to squeeze him for being too precious. "I can't believe we're arguing over this." 

A customer entered, and Ten stood up with a sigh. "I have to go, sorry." 

Kunhang glimpsed the customer's face. "No, no, no. Let's get out of here." 

He put an arm around Ten's shoulder and pulled him out the back door. He caught a glimpse of Tzuyu, her shift still not over yet, walking towards the customer's table, and sighed in relief. 

"What?" Ten said breathlessly. "Who was it?" 

"Weston." Kunhang exhaled. "If he saw me, he'd ask about the party. I don't know how I'd answer that. And.... I mean, I didn't think you'd want to be reminded, you know..."  

Ten stared at him in silence for a moment.

"What?" Kunhang asked cautiously."Did I say something wro-" 

He was cut off by Ten kissing him. 

For a moment, Kunhang's mind went blank. He could only register Ten's hands cupping his face, the soft press of his lips, the warmth of his body against Kunhang's. Then Ten had pulled back, his cheeks flushed, and turned to walk away.  

Just like every romance drama ever, Kunhang reached out and grabbed Ten's wrist, pulling him back so that their faces were scarcely inches apart. 

"Don't leave just yet," he said quietly, and he closed the distance between them again.