you and i are a different game

cause life is short (and love is sweet)

 

 

“Chaewonnie?” a voice calls, followed with footsteps faint amidst the loud chatter Chaewon is hearing through her headphones. She pauses, tugging on her headphones and whispering,

“Hold a sec, guys.” She pulls her headphones back and glances up at Hitomi who’s arrived by her side, a smile automatically crossing her lips. “Hey, you.”

Hitomi smiles, bending down to peck to Chaewon’s forehead. “Hello to you too,” she says, “sorry to disturb your game, but have you seen the key to the attic?”

“Mmm, have you checked the top drawer in the kitchen?”

Hitomi raises an eyebrow, lips producing a dubious sound. “That’s where we put it?”

“No, no. Not us. Eunbi-unnie did, after she retrieved my old album.” There’s a faint beep and Chaewon flicks her eyes towards the discord screen; Yena is be her fate in fishing out eggs again. She snorts. She looks back at Hitomi, tilting her head, “What do you need from the attic? I thought house-cleaning is tomorrow.”

“It’s for tomorrow,” Hitomi reassures. “I was just… I didn’t know how else to spend time, I guess. So I went around to make sure everything’s in place, and I remembered that I haven’t seen the attic key lately.”

Chaewon lets out a soft laugh, one hand leaving her console to reach for Hitomi’s. “Sit with me,” she says.

“…Are you sure?”

“Of course, why wouldn’t I be?”

Hitomi chews on her bottom lip, and Chaewon’s gaze flickers down for a beat. “I might be disturbing your gameplay.”

Chaewon shakes her head, tugging the younger down. “It’s just Animal Crossing, Hitoma,” she says, “if anything, I’ll just be showing you how much I at fishing. Swear to God.”

Hitomi stifles a chuckle, obliging the pull to sit next to her. “Are you playing alone?”

“No, I’m at Yena-unnie’s island.” Chaewon gestures to the discord window she has open on her laptop, “And on vc with her, as well as Kkura-unnie and Yujinnie.”

“Hyewon-unnie?”

“Still on an Animal Crossing ban for another hour.” At Hitomi’s confused noise, Chaewon chuckles and explains, “Eunbi-unnie is making sure she has finished all the work needed for the day before she can play.” Chaewon pauses as messages start to pop up on the discord window,
 


quack quack Today at 21:24
YAH YAH YAH
we can hear u being sappy!!
please STOPPU
im alone tonight SPARE ME FROM THE PAIN

 

I’M NOT A FURRY Today at 21:24
omg dont be mean
this is why u keep getting eggs smh my head
HIICHAN ELLOOOO

 

stay AWAY from my bamboo Today at 21:24
pls don’t kiss soundly we will 100% hear that and i will die

 


“Kiss?!” Hitomi squeaks.

“Is that a challenge?” Chaewon amusedly remarks. It earns her a light slap to her shoulder, and she laughs, glancing over to see the blush stealing across Hitomi’s cheeks. “Hey now, why are you so shy? It’s not like we haven’t kissed before—”

“Not in front of our friends, Chaewonnie!”

“Well, we are not in front of them right now so technically—”
 


stay AWAY from my bamboo Today at 21:25
okay STOP RIGHT THERE
im calling the police
this is a serious threat


quack quack Today at 21:26
WEE WOO WEE WOO
chaewon dont make me kick u from vc i sWEAR TO GOD


I’M NOT A FURRY Today at 21:26
pls
no PDA im baby



“Let’s listen to them,” Hitomi says, reading through the panicked chat. Chaewon shrugs, pulling off her headphones and putting it on Hitomi. Hitomi blinks at her owlishly at the sudden gesture—but she stays still, a tentative smile slowly growing on her lips as she listens to the voices of their friends. She looks at Chaewon fondly, “I didn’t mean it literal—”

And Chaewon leans in to kiss her, Hitomi’s muffled surprise sweet and warm against her lips. It starts short at first, small pecks that prevents Hitomi from saying anything, and somewhere between the umpteenth peck and the next Hitomi sighs into , her fingers finding their way to clutch at Chaewon’s shirt, tugging her close. Chaewon smiles into their kiss, this time longer and deeper as her hand wanders under Hitomi’s shirt, the resulting moan causing her to pull back and peer at the younger through half-lidded eyes.

“I,” Hitomi starts, breathless. “I can’t hear anything.”

Chaewon chuckles, tilting her head to place a feathery kiss on the younger’s ear, earning a shudder. “I think Yena-unnie disconnected us from vc.”

“I heard them yelling about fishing.” Chaewon moves to nibble on Hitomi’s neck, and Hitomi shakily continues, “I—I think Yujin? Asked if. If we tried the fishing, she thought the fishing is lovel—God, Unnie—

“The fishing is lovely indeed,” Chaewon husks, pulling away from the mark she’s imprinted on the slant of Hitomi’s neck. There’s a scalding burn in her stomach, a need, something Hitomi evidently senses because she kisses back as fiercely when Chaewon catches in hers again.

It takes minutes for them to finally part, with Hitomi already sitting in her lap, hands around Chaewon’s neck and kiss-swollen lips only an inch away from each other. Their breaths are ragged and the headphones has long been taken off, put away hastily on the table next to Chaewon’s switch and open laptop.

“You need to turn the game off first,” Hitomi whispers, and Chaewon hums,

“And then?”

“You’ll find out later,” Hitomi says, one finger lightly tracing Chaewon’s jaw, “I’ll be waiting in our bedroom.”

It’s the fastest Chaewon’s ever parted away from the game, eyes skimming through the discord chat and laughing at the betrayed messages flooding the channel before shutting her laptop down.
 


quack quack Today at 21:41
i shouldve KNOWN you two together during lockdown is a BAD idea


I’M NOT A FURRY Today at 21:42
I’M SCARRED FOR LIFE
I HOPE THE THING THING IS WORTH TAINTING MY INNOCENCE


stay AWAY from my bamboo Today at 21:42
“the thing thing”… you can say yujin its okay


I’M NOT A FURRY Today at 21:43
[LOUD SCREAMING]

 

 

 

[]