Chapter 6

A Soul Connection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungri wasn't sure how long he stayed there, looking out at the water. One, maybe two hours? The temperature had definitely dropped substantially and he would need to be leaving soon if he wanted to avoid getting a cold. 

 

Seungri had just made up his mind to turn to leave, when he felt a coat being placed over his shoulders. He turned around quickly to see a familiar face smiling back at him. Youngbae. Seungri smiled and turned back to the water, feeling the warmth of the coat slowly spreading through his chilled body. Did Youngbae put heat packs in here? Seungri thought absentmindedly. He definitely wouldn't put it past his hyung to do that. Always so caring, always so thoughtful. 

 

"So, have you decided to start spying on me too?" Seungri asks. Not bothering to turn to face his new visitor. 

 

"Nah. Stopped by your apartment to see how you were doing after... today. When I didn't find you there, I called Manager hyung. He said this was the last place you told him you were." Youngbae said. "So what has you looking like the world is falling apart,  Ri?"

 

Seungri wasn't sure where to start. Was his world falling apart around him? Well. It kind of felt like that didn't it? Ever since the split with Jiyong, nothing had felt right.

Well that wasn't exactly true was it? Meeting Rin, that felt right. Spending time with her, learning to laugh again, having someone to help him forget his loneliness... forget Jiyong. But what exactly were his feelings for Rin. She kissed him tonight and he wasn't sure how he felt about it.

Dont get him wrong. It was a nice kiss. Rin's lips were soft and she smelled so so nice. But the kiss itself, it felt wrong somehow. He didnt feel that pull from inside his chest that demanded more. That feeling of falling and losing himself into the other person. The type of kiss that he would experience with...

Seungri shook his head. He needed to stop. Things with Jiyong were done. Finished. He needed to move on. And someone like Rin would be perfect for him. They already meshed together so well. In fact, whenever they were together, it felt like Seungri found a missing piece of his soul. They were connected. He was sure of it. But were they destined to be lovers?

 

Sighing, Seungri turned to his hyung. "Bae, have you ever met someone and just instantly knew that person was meant to be apart of your life? That they were someone precious to you and that you needed to keep them close for fear of losing them?"

 

"Well, yeah. I feel that way with you to be honest. Well, all of the members really. Don't you remember the first time we met?"

 

Seungri laughs. "You hated me back then, hyung. I'm pretty sure you all did."

 

"No. We didn't hate you. Well, I definitely didn't hate you. I can't really speak for the others. But I'm sure they didn't either. I mean, don't get me wrong... you were annoying as in the beginning and were the biggest pain in the ... but from the moment we met I knew you were my brother." Youngbae said honestly. "There wasn't a thing I wouldn't have done for you. And that's how it is now. You know that right?" Youngbae turned his head to see Seungri nod his head in acknowledgement. 

"Seungri, tell me what's wrong. Are you still upset about what happened this afternoon?" Youngbae starts.

 

"No. I mean, yeah. I'm still upset with Jiyong after the stunt he pulled earlier, but that's not what this is about."

 

"Then tell me, Ri. I'm worried about you."

 

"Bae, I don't really know if I even know myself what is going on. These past couple weeks with Rin have been great. She is great. But.. " There is a long pause.

When it is clear Seungri is not going to continue on his own, Youngbae offers an encouraging nod.

 

"She kissed me tonight, Bae. I'm not sure if she wants more from me than friendship.. and I'm not sure if I want more from her than friendship. But there is one thing I do know." Seungri says, but stops himself from continuing.

 

"That you are still in love with Jiyong?" Youngbae offers. 

 

Seungri turns to his friend with the shine of tears building in his eyes. He nods his head yes. 

 

"You know, I can't speak for Jiyong on why he ended things... but I can tell you, Ri. He's still in love with you too. I know he is.  

You know, my grandmother used to tell us stories when we were younger - you know, life lesson type things - but one of my absolute favorites was that of the Red Thread of Fate." Youngbae turned so his whole body was facing his Maknae. "It is said that in an individuals lifetime, they will create many soul connection while still on earth. These connections will stay with us through each lifetime. We will be reincarnated with these individuals. However, in some circumstances, a soul might be separated from its pack. That is why we sometimes feel like our life is incomplete, even though it seems to all the world that we have everything we could ever need. But when that soul is returned to us, it's like fireworks. Like your soul is made whole again." Seungri continues to watch Youngbae. His eyes never leaving the elder.

"But like I said, Ri. A single person could have made several soul connections in their lifetime.  These individuals can be reincarnated as your closest friends and family. But there is only ever one true love, Ri. The person you are fated to be with for all of eternity.  The other person who shares your Red Thread of Fate." Youngbae sighs.

"Listen, I can't tell you what to do here Seungri, but I can tell you that there are people that are destined to be in our lives. But there is only one soul that will shine above all others. One soul that regardless of time, place, distances, or circumstances -- you will find and they will complete you in every way. That magical cord that connects them to us, it may stretch and tangle, may bend and fray, but it will never break, Ri. Is there anyone in your life who resembles that to you?" Youngbae asks and is rewarded with another nod. 

 

At that, the two soul brothers decide to look out once more over the water and let the comfortable silence of the night fall over them. 

 

 

*

 

 

MESSAGE FROM BAE

YO, DUDE! WAKE UP! IM PICKING UP ALL THE MEMBERS AND WE ARE HEADING TO THE AIRPORT AT 11:00AM. SEUNGRI WANTS US ALL THERE TO SEND RIN OFF.

 

Jiyong has to read the message several times before the words finally sink in. His maknae wants him to go to the airport. With him. To see off his new girlfriend off?

 

What?! Why?!

 

"Oh god!" Jiyong starts to panic. "Is Ri thinking about join her?" Jiyong begins pacing the floors of his sister's kitchen.

He cant do that! Jiyong wont let him. Jiyong doesnt care if he has to tie him to a chair and lock him in a tower. SEUNGRI WILL NOT LEAVE HIM. He is about to text Youngbae that there is no way in hell he is going to let Seungri anywhere near a plane -- because clearly he is a flight risk!! -- when Jiyong hears another ping come from his phone. 

 

MESSAGE FROM: YOUNGBAE

 

LOOK JI. I HAD A TALK WITH SEUNGRI LAST NIGHT. I THINK TODAY IS GOING TO BE ROUGH FOR HIM. PLEASE COME AND SHOW HIM SUPPORT. I KNOW IT WILL MEAN A LOT TO HIM TO HAVE YOU THERE. 

 

 

MESSAGE FROM: YOUNGBAE

 

OH AND BEFORE YOU SAY IT... YES HE IS STILL MAD AT YOU FOR YOUR BEHAVIOR YESTERDAY BUT I THINK THIS WOULD BE A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION FOR YOU TWO. DONT YOU?

 

 

 

Jiyong sighs. Youngbae's right. 

Of course he is! He's always right, Jiyong says out loud. 

 

"Who's always right?" Jiyong's sister, Dami, asks.

 

"Youngbae hyung, of course." Jiyong smiles at his sister. "Look, Dami, the guys and I have plans this afternoon... do you mind if I skip our lunch date today? I'll make it up to you tomorrow."

 

"I'm just happy you are spending time with them again. It hasn't been good for you locking yourself away, Ji. Isolating yourself. Punishing yourself..." Dami says softly. 

 

"I know. And I'm making progress right? Baby steps." Jiyong says as he kisses his sister on the cheek, he texts Youngbae a quick response, and decides he is going to need a shower before he gets ready. If his Maknae needs him to be strong... then damn it! Jiyong will be the toughest guy on the planet. 

 

 

*

 

 

The airport is packed with travelers, but Seungri was able to arrange for special accommodations so the Idols could have some privacy with their friend before her departure. During the last couple weeks, Seungri had been happy to spend time alone with Rin, away from his bandmates, but he thought it was time that he introduced them all. Especially since he planned to have Rin in his life for a very long time. 

 

One by one, the band members were introduced and Rin was positively glowing. Everyone was on their very best behavior; cracking jokes and making Rin feel at ease. Even Jiyong hyung was being his outrageously charming self. Seungri had to roll his eyes a couple times when Jiyong was being over the top. He was glad he came. He was glad they all came. This was the one last gift that he wanted to give Rin before she left. And if the smile on her face was anything to go by, he hit this one out of the park. 

 

"Damn, I'm hungry." Top announced. "Do you think they have anything good to eat here?"

 

"I saw a small Burger Shack on our way in. We could go check them out?" Daesung offered.

 

"Airport Burgers, huh? Well, we only live once right?" Jiyong said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter