Tell Me

Heart Of Glass

It was a cold morning, Yuan mentally prepared himself before slowly going down for breakfast. He really wished to be alone, but as expected he met up with the two brothers.

He slightly bowed "Good morning" words barely coming out. Qianxi took the croissant in his hands, throwing his bag over his left shoulder as he walked out. While Junkai was leaning over the counter with a cup of coffee, he only looked at him with his eyes before looking away.

Yuan felt so uncomfortable, he was obviously unwanted in a situation he didn't choose either.

He reached for coffee when Junkai spoke without looking at him "When do you plan leaving?". Yuan gulped "In July I get the results & I'll leave", the older turned to face him. He was intimidating in the younger's eyes, cold & unhesitant.

Junkai slightly rose an eyebrow "That's long time", Yuan gulped & looked down, not knowing what to answer. Luckily, the elder walked inside "Good morning! Where's Qianxi?", Junkai let the cup "Any place than here" he said and walked out. Yuan felt the irony like a knife in his heart.

Instead the man shook his head "Ignore him. Did you eat?". The younger clenched his jaw holding tears back "I tried...", the father friendly sat him on the table as they ate breakfast together.

The cold behavior lasted over a month.

It was afternoon, Yuan knew that he was alone along with the workers of the house. He decided to cook something for himself like he used to. As he was peacefully cooking, he heard a someone "We have a cook" this made him jump on his spot.

He turned to see Qianxi. He didn't know what to say, he opened & closed his mouth without words coming out. The younger chuckled sitting on the table "I'm joking. Oh! You're gonna burn the food", Yuan immediately turned looking at it.

It was ready, so he carefully placed it on a plate. Qianxi smelt it "What is it?", the other slightly smiled "It's dumplings" with that he also sat on the table.

Yuan was amazed, the other talked to him instead of being ironic & avoid him.

Qianxi looked at the food "Are you a good cook?", Yuan shrugged "You can give it a try". He grabbed one with the chopsticks, he blew it before biting it "Yeah, you're a good cook", Yuan giggled. Qianxi decided not to eat Yuan's food, he ate what the cook had made in the afternoon.

They were eating silently when Yuan decided to ask "Do you go to school?", the younger looked at him "I go to the university. I study Maths, you?". His older got surprised "Wow! I study Music?", Qianxi smiled "You like music" he said without waiting an answer.

Soon, they finished eating. Qianxi stood up "If you see the cook, tell him to make dumplings", Yuan laughed a bit "Alright, I'll tell him".

He was pleased once in after so long, maybe Qianxi would stop hating him.

It was dinner time & they had what Qianxi asked for. He looked at Yuan & they both laughed. The father proudly smiled, while Junkai shot Yuan a look that made him stop.

The elder said "What? Why are you laughing?", of course Qianxi lost no time to explain the reason. The father turned to Yuan "Oh really? Then you should make us dumplings once". Junkai decided to ruin the mood "We're eating, can't you be quiet?", which indeed made them all stopped.

Yuan knew that Junkai was a really hard going person.

When they finished, they all headed to their rooms, except Yuan & the father. The man sat him in the living room, silently talking about how he felt all this time.

When they were almost done, the man admitted "Yuan, soon I'll have to go on a business trip for 3 days. Hope you can put up with my sons", the younger nodded "I hope I can make it".

That moment Junkai came downstairs, seeing them sitting alone. His mind thinking of ert stuff, at least that would be the worst for him. 

The man stood up "I'll prepare for tomorrow" with that he left. Yuan also immediately stood up, but Junkai crashed their shoulders, catching his attention. He looked at him coldly before walking in the kitchen, while Yuan almost run in his room.

Yuan woke up in not such a bad mood, he first met with Qianxi who was leaving "Good morning" he said nicely. This time Qianxi smirked at him nicely and walked away. He went in the kitchen, meeting Junkai's cold eyes "Good morning" he said hesitantly.

The other didn't respond, he only gave him a paper he had between his fingers "My dad left it for you" he sounded unpleased. Yuan took the paper. It was a simple & funny text to make his mood better.

The boy chuckled, instead Junkai decided to be mean once again "He never let a letter to us". Yuan knew that the other was seeking for a fight "You're his sons, but I'm...", he cut him off "Maybe you got your ways to keep him focused on you" he mocked.

Yuan felt utter shock, he understood the ert irony "What do you mean?" he said offended. Junkai cornered him on the counter "If I learn that you & my father are closer than you should be. I promise I will destroy you". Yuan's eyes watered "He just tries to help me".

Junkai slightly tilted his head. Their faces inches away "Watch what you do, Yuan" he softly blew air at his lips & walked away.

When he left, Yuan could properly breath. He closed his eyes trying to calm down. This was getting messed up with the wrong & worst way possible. 

Yuan had a really tiring day & like always he went to find something to drink. He saw Qianxi in the kitchen drinking & reading "Hi. What are you doing?" he slightly dragged his words. The younger shrugged "My friend gave me a book. It seems cool". He sat across him "What's the name?", the other sipped from his drink "Finding Soul". Yuan nodded "Sounds interesting".

That moment Junkai walked in. He filled a glass with water "Oh! The father wasn't enough, so you went to his son too". Qianxi was confused, instead Yuan said through his teeth "Can you shut up?". Junkai's eyes were ready to pop out, the guest's audacity made his blood boil. He went for a fight, but Qianxi quickly stopped him "Hold yourself".

Yuan took his drink & went upstairs, not wanting to put up with Junkai. He was fed up.

Yuan was tired of fighting, both Qianxi & the father had accepted him, except Junkai. He decided to talk to him. He knew that it would be risky to be alone with him, but they needed to talk it out.

It was a Friday night, he waited Qianxi to leave. He then took a deep breath & knocked on Junkai's door, immediately hearing an approval.

As he got inside, he saw Junkai shirtless with wet hair. He was really hot, making him gulp & look away for a moment. Yuan could admit that if the other wasn't that mean, he would have a crush on him. 

Junkai chuckled "You like what you see, baby boy?". The younger closed the door behind him "Can we talk?". The older searched for a shirt "What do you want?", Yuan took a deep breath "Can you tell me why you hate me that much?".

The older paused for a second before turning to look at him "I don't hate you. You're actually my type too". Yuan's eyes widened in surprise, making the other giggle deeply & approach him.

He brought him closer by his waist, their noses almost touching "The first time I saw you I loved how weak & helpless you were. It made me want to take you on the spot. I thought you would be a maid, but I was wrong. It's not about you, I just don't trust my father". 

Yuan was breathing heavily, he was trying hard to focus as the older still wasn't wearing a shirt, making everything much hotter. Junkai let him go "Want something else?".

Yuan discreetly tried to catch his breath "What can I do for you to like me?", Junkai chuckled "You want me to be honest?". The younger nodded with a small cute sound. A mischievous smirk formed on the other's lips "Let me you". Yuan's eyes widened "W-what?", the older shrugged "You wanted me to be honest".

The younger quickly left the room. This wasn't what he expected to hear.

He run in his room, shutting the door. His heart was beating fast & a blush was spread on his cheeks. He would surely think about Junkai all night.