First Love

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARNING: CHAPTER NOT EDITED/PROOFREAD

Sighing over in content as I read the last few words that garnished over the thin paper, reaching the end of the sweet ending of a romance novel that a friend had suggested, as I closed the final page over. Stirring my warm coffee in this warm hidden nook of a café that I went in for a meeting. After much persuasion, more like having my ears bled off by my ‘loving’ friend Irene, I begrudgingly, finally, agreed to be set up in a blind date with her friend, as she hoped to find myself a new love and break my solo streak. Looking out to the outside through the large window, the autumn weather has started to bloom its familiar mundane colour as rustics leaves have started to fall onto earth. As my eyes watched the world moved around and about into a beautiful canvas in dazed, my mind started to wander, unconsciously back, to him…my first love.

First love is said to be the sweetest love, like the forbidden fruit, sweet yet causes so much regret. Although the first love, may be a puppy love, it is the one that you would never forget. First love, albeit not always the dreamy long-lasting love, it was the one that you would never regret. First love, such bittersweet love, full of memories and respect.

We often heard people say that you will never forget your first love... such beautiful pure love yet it never meant to be. When other relationships went downfall, your mind often wonder back to the sweet memories of your first love, yet no one knows why. Well for me, I think I know why I could never forget mine...

I met mine when I was 7. Of course I did not realise that it was love. I thought it was just a momentary infatuation or a simple crush that would easily pass by like the ever-changing seasons. However, whenever we meet each other, there was nothing but a genuine joy to see him, to speak to him and to hear his stories. He was 11 back then, older by a few years. Although our first encounter started off as a short first meeting, we became inseparable, we became familiar to each other as if we had known each other for years. Like two peas in a pod, we went on our small adventures together, but we met at a very unusual circumstance. His bed was next to mine, sometimes opposite from mine, depending on when I was admitted, at the end of the day, we would always end

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter