So, so whipped

So Caught Up In You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: written in fragments, as usual. Some may even make no cents.

Beware of some cursing, but just a little.

 

 

 

 

Jongin loved Sehun, of course. That would be the fattest lie if he ever said otherwise. He loved his boyfriend unconditionally.

From good to bad, Jongin loved Sehun no matter what. From the tip of his hair to the bottom of his toes; from the pretty face of his to the wicked mind of his. Jongin adored all of them. He would never trade anything for even the smallest part of Sehun.

It seemed stress-free, but being Oh Sehun’s boyfriend was challenging. He had to grant all his wishes, like a genie. He had to understand Sehun even though Sehun said nothing. Jongin had to spoil him because Sehun was a baby. However, sticking together over the years, Jongin apprehended his boyfriend like an opened storybook.

The hardest part was when he had to face a sassy Sehun, which was the regular Sehun.

 

Sehun was sassy. Everyone knew that.

He had this sharp tongue, doubles up with a stone-cold face. Thankfully, he was remarkably handsome, so no one cared with his angry face. It’s y, even. The way he scrunched up his perfectly shaped eyebrows when he was in distaste, or when they almost flight off of his face when he opened his mouth to eat. It’s weird, but it’s a cute weird.

Also, his lips were the prettiest. They were thin but looked like the fluffiest of all. Pink and soft, and small too. The way he opened his mouth to speak was most likely resembled a baby chick behavior. He liked to wet them with his tongue, either nervous or wanted to make everyone around him went crazy. And Jongin believed in the second one.

However, Sehun rarely spoke. He was reserved and somewhat diffident if you squinted. Everyone misunderstood him as a cold-hearted bastard, which honestly, very warm at heart. That happened because Sehun was straightforward. He didn't beat around the bush to say something. Straight to the point, that somewhat (unintentionally) tweaked people’s feeling. He didn't mean to be sassy, Jongin knew, it’s just that he lacked communication.

When Jongin first courted him back around three years ago, Sehun made him scandalized with his retort. He wasn’t really courting, to be frank, but that one incident led him to that. Actually, quite a funny story to tell.

As one of the popular guys on the campus, Jongin had a high pride. He knew he was handsome with a perfect body proportion that even the Greek gods were jealous, let alone commoners. He had this warmest smile that could melt the iceberg into a puddle of goo, making people drooled over him. Jongin used this to take advantage of them around him, especially his friends, but he, as mischievous as he might be, always made sure he didn't embarrass anyone. He wasn’t necessarily a baddie, he was just playful.

Then Sehun came in the picture. The baby chick was a year below him, making Jongin a senior but they shared the same birth year, Jongin knew this after they get-to-know-each-other phase. Sehun instantly gained popularity amongst freshies and seniors right after one of his remark to one of the seniors who was organizing the orientation week. Luckily, he was so gorgeous that it sent the senior flustered, forgetting his awkward moment.

On one fine day, Jongin’s best friends made a bet against him and Sehun. They challenged Jongin to get Sehun to speak, but not sassy-ing him, they want a real conversation. Four out of five betted on Jongin’s defeat. The remaining one, rolled his eyes, sighing his way because he had to be on Jongin’s side after the later not-so-silently begging him with a glare.

They betted on Jongin’s failure not for nothing. They knew very well that Sehun was an ice queen. He was the one that was colder than Antartica, yet hotter than the hell. Sehun was pretty much like that.

“You guys doubt my power to make people down on their knees?” Jongin quired in disbelieve that his group was looking down on him. He is Kim Jongin, for ’s sake.

“No, Mr. Narcissus.” One of them, Jongdae, shook his head. “It’s just that Sehun is another thing.”

Jongin stilled, thinking. Really? Is he really that hard? He flitted his eyes to the main topic of their talk, which looked like already finishing his lunch but still sitting on his seat as he talked with his friends. That Sehun guy looked friendly, he must say. Those pretty smiles (yes, Jongin found it pretty, and he rarely praised strangers) he dropped here and there as he spoke told nothing about him being emotionless. His little gestures such as shaking his head or nodding, or making animated hand movement said nothing aloof. He looked ‘normal’, to say the least.

“I don’t see anything wrong with him?” Jongin said, frowning because he really didn't see any flaw.

“Of course, it isn’t, Jongin.” Chanyeol, the tallest on their group answered. “No one said something’s wrong with him, at least not in our group. It’s just that he is different.”

“How different?” The tan male frowned. He wasn’t really an ‘up-to-date guy’, he didn't care about any gossip on the campus.

“This is why we make a bet.” Jongdae chirped in again, grinning suspiciously. “Once you talk to him, you’ll get it.”

The tallest nodded, followed by the rest. They agreed on betting 1000 won (collectively) if Jongin managed to make Sehun talked with him, and Jongin wagered to pay the group’s lunch for a whole week. He was that confident, little did he know that it was the start of his downfall.

So Jongin approached Sehun, with couples of curious eyes on his back.

“You are Sehun, right?” Jongin started once he was beside Sehun’s table. The later who was giggling with his friends stopped, eyeing Jongin with unspoken questions. His stare was slightly intimidating, but Jongin knew better that no one’s more intimidating than himself. “I like your smile,” Jongin continues, playing coy.

“Thanks,” Sehun said, not entirely sure as he raised an eyebrow, probably not expecting first timer to acknowledge his smile. But Jongin saw a smile threatened to break from the younger’s lips.

Jongin nodded, still holding on his ground. “What else does that lips do?” It’s a cheesy pickup line, Jongin knew, but it did good to some cases, so Jongin tried.

Sehun finally looked at him in the eyes, smiling a mocking smile. “Sass” Then he stood up and walked away.

Jongin blinked in shock as his friend exploded into messy laughter from across the room, seeing Jongin’s crestfallen face. It’s a funny sight to behold.

“I told you,” Chanyeol said, patting Jongin’s back once he was back to his table. He grinned widely while Jongin groaned because his friends were celebrating their free lunch for a whole ing week. Jongin’s wallet could only cry in agony.

 

That was their first encounter, possibly the first spark of fire ignited in Jongin’s eyes. Sehun was indeed different, and to be honest, Jongin was underestimating him. Way too underestimating. So this marked Jongin’s struggle to make Sehun down on his knees in front of him. Jongin ain’t gonna lie, but Sehun had caught him atthe first sight.

 

Jongin tried again, this time it was another lunchtime. Sehun was having his lunch with his friends, as usual, it seemed. Fortunately, a seat in front of him was empty, Jongin threw in his luck.

Sitting on the vacant seat, Jongin smiled at his target.

“How do you like you like your eggs in the morning?” He asked out of nowhere, tossing in another cheap pickup line.

“Unfertilized,” Sehun answered quickly, knowing that the question or more like the pickup line was thrown at him without the need to see where it came from. He didn't even lift his gaze from his food.

Jongin pursed his lips. “No problem, I can always shoot it on your back.”

“Men don’t even have eggs.” Sehun retorted back.

“I believe you have two between your legs. So do I.” He shrugged, nonchalant.

“ off.”

Jongin chuckled, getting up before winking at him. “See you around, babe.”

 

Another sass Jongin got from Sehun was when he encountered him in a park bench a little over a month after their first. Didn't want to lose his opportunity, Jongin strode to him.

“Is this seat empty?” Jongin asked as he tilted his head, playing innocent.

“Yes,” Sehun answered simply. “and this one will be too if you sit down there.” Again, the younger didn't even tear his gaze from the book in his hand, like it's more entertaining than the tan male in front of him.

“Well, that’s probably because you will be on your knees choking on my .” Needless to say, Jongin hated losing.

Sehun outright laughing because that’s the first time someone makes a comeback on his sass, that too, a pretty good one. Jongin wouldn’t lie, Sehun’s laugh was a mix between deep and soft voice, that’s weird, but it's just downright adorable. Not to mention his scrunching, crescent moon-shaped eyes that were just too attractive. It drove Jongin in, deeper.

Jongin joined his laughing with a small chuckle, a wide smile of adoration broke on his face that he needed to bite his lip to top it from growing even wider. “So am I allowed to sit here?”

Sehun nodded, “Sure. Your comeback is a little dirty, but okay.”

Jongin tried not to do stupid things at how awestruck he was when he saw Sehun’s genuine—he was sure it was genuine—smile directed to him. That’s just wow.

 

So that’s how they began to get closer. Jongin was thankful for his friends’ betting game, if not, he wouldn’t even talk to Sehun. They, ridiculously, were both stubborn beings. Sehun didn't want to give in so easily, and Jongin refused to back down before he got what he wanted. Both were persistent.

They ended up getting together on their fourth month of being friends, that too, no one ever expected. Sehun beat him on confessing his feeling first, asking—or more like demanding—Jongin to be his boyfriend.

“What the , Sehun, I should be the one saying that first.” Jongin protested, a whining tone clung heavily on his voice.

The younger rolled his eyes, Jongin was so dramatic sometimes. “You took too long, and my patience is wearing thin.”

“I should be the one asking you out.” The tan male was still in his protest mode, still couldn’t believe that Sehun beat him to it.

“Whatever. You want to be my boyfriend or not?” Sehun asked, folding his arms on his chest, foot tapping the ground impatiently.

“Of course, I want to!” Jongin riposted quick with a huff. “But still.”

“I don’t care who asked first.” Sehun shrugged, throwing himself to Jongin’s body. “I love you.”

Jongin groaned because Sehun beat him once more. He said those three words first. Sehun chuckled and bravely pecked his friend turned lover's lips lightly.

“I love you.” He said once again against his plump lips.

“I love you more,” Jongin answered. “You can't beat me to it.”

Sehun nodded, letting his boyfriend win this round because he knew Jongin never lied.

Now they’re on their third year as a couple. Everything ran smoothly, although there were some catches here and there. But that’s never a big deal as they loved each other endlessly.

 

 

Sehun was a baby.

He always was. He was Jongin’s baby, and Jongin never failed to fulfill his every need. What Sehun wanted, Sehun got. He liked to whine whenever he wanted something, annoying the outta his boyfriend in the cutest way possible.

“Jongin, get me the remote,” Sehun demanded again, in a whiny tone to his boyfriend who was sitting beside him. He had his legs on Jongin’s lap, enjoying the tan male's little massage time.

“It’s within your arms reach, Sehun, and it’s in front of you.” Jongin was ridiculed, wondering why his boyfriend’s so spoiled. The remote’s right in front of him, which was closer to him, so why did he ask Jongin to get it for him?

“Get that for me.” Sehun once again instructs, even whinier. He kicked his legs aimlessly, almost pushing Jongin off the couch.

Jongin tsk-ing but got that for him, giving him a disapproved side glances. Sehun grinned before giving his boyfriend a quick peck on his cheek, mouthing a whispered thank you.

The tan male ruffled his hair, pleased with his small reward. “Just say you want to give me a kiss, no need for me to do you a favor first.”

Sehun shrugged, not accepting any of his boyfriend’s complaint because he had used to it, and he knew Jongin meant no harm.

 

The same thing happened when Sehun craved for bubble tea too. Jongin had put a limit to his daily consumption of bubble tea into maximum a cup per two days, and Sehun was so against it. His love for bubble tea was irreplaceable, he chose to fight Jongin over that boba drink. Sehun lose.

“I want bubble tea.”

“You had that yesterday, Sehun. You’ll have that again tomorrow.” Jongin answered, eyes on his textbook.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter