Intro (part 1)

Deja Vu

Quick A/N, dream sequences will be in italics. LETS BEGIN!

~

Yoohyeon walked down a long, dark corridor. She didn't know why she was there or how she even got here. But there was one thing she was sure of...she was not afraid. Suddenly, two doors opened before her and Yoohyeon made her way into a massive room that seemingly empty but then spots a large box in the middle. She goes towards it to investigate. The echos of each footstep begin to soften now and her heart felt heavier as she got closer to the box. Y

"What is this feeling?" thought Yoohyeon, as she arrived to her destination. 

The box, propped upright, was filled with flowers and something strange...a body. Yoohyeon raised her head to look at the body's face and suddenly a shudder went through her whole body.

"Min...Minji!?" Yoohyeon gasped. Then everything stops. 

~

Yoohyeon bolts up from her slumber with sweat dripping from her brow and shallow, fast breaths escaping her. She quickly takes a look at her surroundings. 

"My room...I'm in my room." Yoohyeon said wearily, as she slowly starts to calm herself. Combing her hair through fingers, she gets up from her bed and makes her way to her balcony. 

Yoohyeon rests her forearms at the edge of the balcony's wall. She closes her eyes as she takes in the now rising sun and breathes in the crisp, cool air of the morning. She stood there for a few minutes till a voice from her room called out to her. 

"Yah, you're going to catch a cold out here." it called. Yoohyeon turned around and greeted the not-stranger with her signature gummy smile. 

"Gahyeonie!" greeted Yoohyeon, giving the smaller girl a hug. Gahyeon wiggled herself out from Yoohyeon's grasp and grabs the taller's girl wrist, dragging her inside.

Lee Gahyeon, the youngest head maid in Yoohyeon family's kingdom. Gahyeon's family have been serving under Yoohyeon's family since they gotten into power almost 100 years ago. Therefore, no one was surprised when Gahyeon quickly rose among her peers and became the new head maid.  "One of the most loyal families you have here, my daughter. Remember that and always take care of them as they have taken care of you." Yoohyeon remembers her father telling her once. Yoohyeon watched Gahyeon pick up a few items from the floor. She honestly couldn't decided whether or not the younger was her maid or her nagging little sister. 

"What am I gonna do if you catch a cold a few days before your wedding day." huffed Gahyeon, as she started to make the bed. She mumbled some other things along the lines of "Minji unnie will kill me" and "But why would she though, oh right she's in love with this fool"

Yoohyeon approaches Gahyeon, and places a hand on the younger's head, "I'm sorry. I can't guarantee it won't happen again but I'll make sure Minji doesn't kill you." 

Gahyeon gives a soft smile and finishes making the bed, cueing Yoohyeon to get dressed for the day. She had no trouble putting on her daily outfit, which consisted of a white loose shirt, black pants, and her boots. 

"Unnie, I can't wait till your wedding day." said Gahyeon, fixing the small tassels that were on Yoohyeon's shirt. 

"Why?" asked Yoohyeon, as they both exited the room and made their way to the great hall. 

"Because, I'll finally get to see you in gown!" 

"Well what if I don't want to wear a gown?" Yoohyeon answered. 

"Why wouldn't you? It's a special day!?" 

Yoohyeon stops right before the entrance of the great hall and turns to face Gahyeon.

"Because as future ruler of this kingdom, I get to wear whatever I want." teased Yoohyeon, stick out her tongue. Gahyeon was about give an answer back but Yoohyeon quickly entered the main hall, and closing the door behind her, knowing that Gahyeon had other important duties to attend to and couldn't follow her.

"Ah finally my daughter has arrived." Yoohyeon slowly turned around. her father, the king, whom was seated at his throne. Then there were two other that were before him.

"Siyeon unnie, Yubin-ah! What you doing here?" asked Yoohyeon, standing in between them. 

Standing to her father's left was Lee Yubin, the latest prodigy in a long standing bloodline of blacksmiths. Yoohyeon's father would not accept nor trust any fine craftsmanship other than from Yubin's family. Then to his right was Lee Siyeon, daughter of the king's head guard who would train Yoohyeon in the art of war in order to make sure that the princess was ready to defend herself and those she needed to protect. Yoohyeon would essentially consider these two women part of her inner circle, along with Gahyeon, as she grew up with them. 

"Yoohyeon..." her father says, instantly grabbing Yoohyeon's attention. Yoohyeon gives a apologetic bow. "As you were saying Yubin." the king prompted the young blacksmith.

"We've almost completed the task of additional armor you requested, sire," Yubin continued, "As soon as that is finished we can start on the additional weaponry."

"Excellent, and you Siyeon...what do you have to report?" 

"Your majesty, we've tighten security around the southern border as commanded. Although the shadows have been harder and harder to control each day." answer Siyeon. 

Yoohyeon could see worry written all over the knight's face. She hasn't heard about the shadows in a long time. They were a group of radical sorcerers and sorceresses that were hellbent on taking over Yoohyeon family's kingdom, along with the surrounding kingdoms. Luckily, the kings before Yoohyeon's father time were able to stop them and scatter their forces. They have not caused trouble till recently. 

"I will consult with the high priestess and the other rulers about this matter," stated the king, "Thank you both for you hard work. I expected nothing less, now if you would excuse us, I would like to have a private word with my daughter."

Both bowed to the king, and waved their goodbyes to Yoohyeon as they both exited the room. 

"What is it you wanted to talk about father?" asked Yoohyeon. The king rose from his throne and made a motion for Yoohyeon to follow him out to the balcony that over saw the main courtyard. 

They both overlooked the kingdom. It wasn't vast, but it was a good size to get recognized by their neighboring kings. The king took his daughter's hands into his, and rubbed small circles with his thumb as he began to open his mouth to speak. 

"You know its hard for me to believe you're getting married soon...a month from now to be exact."

"Father wasn't this always planned?" laughed Yoohyeon.

"Yes and no. Mostly yes but it took some convincing from the Kims to get me to say yes," the king let out a light sigh,"You all are so grown up now. I can't believe it...it feels like only yesterday that you all were chasing each other in this very courtyard." Yoohyeon embraces her father tightly. 

"Your mother would be proud..." he added, "of all of you." 

"I know she would be." she replies, giving her father a smile as they separate. 

Their attention turns towards the main gate as they head a carriage making its way through it. Yoohyeon sees the signature pink embellishments on the carriage and instantly knows who it is. 

"Go greet her." the king instructs, giving his daughter one last hug. 

Yoohyeon bolts her way to the main courtyard meet her dearest, Kim Minji. 

(A/N):

Alright guys! I wanted to get this to y'all as soon as I could. I kinda wanted to write more but I didn't want to keep you waiting haha. The next chapter will be introducing the remaining members of DC. Please lemme know how you feel. Also just going to put this out now, I think I said this in the foreward but I will say it again. It is currently the middle of my college semster right now. I only started writing this because I didn't want the idea to escape me. With that being said, I don't know how often or when I'm going to be updating. I will try to keep the story less than like 15 chapters at least so that there is a high chance I can finish this (bc I have yet to finish my Wenrene fic haha). Please be patient with me and give some feedback also! Till next time! 

PS: if there's any grammar mistakes, please let me know. I usually don't have time to re-read and edit so any help is appreciated 

[DejaVu MV] https://youtu.be/W761DtH1oRg