8 Rings

Flower Road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

28th October 2028

Seoul,

South Korea.

 

 

As he stepped out of the arrival hall, there were flashes of eye blinding lights. Shocked with it he stood rigidly. Someone walked passed him and he saw the crowd rushed toward that man. As they went by, Seungri wrapped his scarf around his face and walked quickly out of there. 

 

He came back to South Korea once a year and he's so afraid to be recognized. The first few years, it's really hard for him. Reporters still followed him everywhere. Even after he had moved out of the country, occasionally you would still see his news pop out of nowhere. Especially when he's back in South Korea. The land where he's born in. The land he loves and yet the people despised him. Even after 2 years of serving his country, it didn't stop. Only in these 2 to 3 years that it had stopped. 

 

When he decided to leave the country, he vaguely remembers there were cheers in the online community. On the streets, his haters has a gathering he heard. They actually celebrate it with fireworks. How cruel was that? He smirks cynically as he remembered what happened. It doesn't really hurt him. It was what didn't happened that hurts. 

 

Sitting in his taxi he rested and closed his eyes. Trying not to let these memories haunts him. He's back for his family. His parents are waiting for him. They haven't met for a year. Everyone was busy and none of them can visit him in Singapore. He came back to finish up the immigration process. After this he might never came back ever again. 

 

"Urm.... sir.... do you mind if I ask you.....", the taxi driver disturbed his rest, opening his eyes he waited for the question. "Are you....... Seungri of Bigbang?", he asked carefully.

 

Hearing that he was recognized, the first thing he did was looked down and answered "No, I'm not". The driver nodded and didn't say anything else throughout the drive.

 

As they arrived to the hotel he's staying for the night, the driver was helping with his luggages. He looked at his face meaningfully so Seungri had to ask "Sir... is there anything you wanted to say to me?", to be honest he's annoyed. Could he be a haters?

 

"My.... my daughter.... she's a fan of yours". He looked into his eyes, there were no hatred, he wasn't joking either. "She had always told me this since I am a taxi driver..... if I ever am lucky enough to see you... she want me to pass this message to you. It's from your fans".

 

No. I don't want to hear this. Seungri thought to himself "Sir... I am not an idol anymore. I'm sorry....tell her I'm sorry....". With that he grabbed his luggage and walked into the hotel.

 

"They are still waiting for your flower to bloom Seungri-shii", he stated. "Every year during the anniversary concert, they are waiting for you on the flower road. I...... I am waiting for you too!!! I used to attend your concerts with my daughter!!", he continued as Seungri walked into the hotel.

 

Bigbang has announced discontinued of group activities 5 years ago after releasing a goodbye track as 4 members of Bigbang. They never disbanded but they also never released any new album as a group but continued activity as solo and sub-unit. Every year they would arrange a group concert for the VIPs as Flower Road Anniversary Concert. This year it would be Flower Road 2028 Concert. 

 

I meant well when I leave. We have talked about it before. Way before everything had happened. I thought they would understand. They should go on as a group without me. I made them agreed. I made them. I don't really understood why they didn't. I didn't ask. When I leave Bigbang, it's not my place to ask anymore. Even when we met every year, time was so limited we only catches up and met over dinner at Youngbae hyung's place. 

 

We've talked about everything. From Top hyung's new girlfriend to Daesung hyung's 1st son's resemblance to him. Everything except Bigbang and what happened between Jiyong and I. They sort of knew but never asked.I had since knew Jiyong never told them anything either. It's better that way. I believe it is. 

 

I don't want to remember all this. Things that has been said shall be done. I.... has broken so many promises that I despise myself. That's why when it was done to me, I do not want to resent. Even when he never asked me to stay. Even when he didn't say anything about me. Even when he pretended as if nothing happened. Even when we met after that and he talk and smile to me like nothing happened. And I...... I play along.... everyone else doesn't know about us anyway.... why make the others uncomfortable? But I am.... uncomfortable. Because unlike them, I know....

 

 

6.45pm

30th October 2028,

Youngbae's house

 

 

I waited patiently at the door with a wine bottle on my hand. Still nervous eventhough we met every year. As I was making sure my hair and suits are tidy I heard the door clicked, it opened and it was him. Kwon Jiyong. 

 

For a moment there, the time seemed to have stopped. He paused and looked at me as I was looking at him. I cleared my throat as I looked away and he quickly gestured that i can come into the house. "Bae is in the kitchen, come on in", he said. I hesitated but he pulled my hand guiding me into the house and take the wine from me.

 

I can hear laughters as I entered. It's them. A smile formed on my lips as I saw them teasing Youngbae hyung. I joined in the laught

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter