One

I'm Not A Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Year Later

"W-what?" Mi-Young silently stammered towards her father who had just announced that she was soon to be married off. was left open slightly agape, shocked, surprised, whatever you want to call it.

"Mi-Young, why must I repeat myself? I said you are going to get engaged to Kwon Si Hyun and a month after the engagement, you two will be wedded."

"B-but Dad, I-I don't want to get engaged o-or married yet..." Mi-Young softly answered her father as she broke the eye contact and lowered her gaze down onto her father's freshly cleaned shoe. Mi-Young's mother walked up next to her father and Mi-Young had the tiniest bit of hope that her mother would defend her, but it was all shattered when she said nothing.

Mrs. Song had always silently supported her husband, never bothering to have her voice be heard. They had always talked it out with each other beforehand and then Mr. Song would announce the news to Mi-Young.

"Mr. Kwon and Si Hyun have been our long-time partner besides Mr. Kang. It's not like you don't know Si Hyun. You've known each other for 5 years."

"But Dad, I don't love Si Hyun Oppa."

"Nonsense child. You will learn to love him just like how you've been learning to take over the company. We need someone who we can trust our family business with. Once you and Si Hyun get married, we will merge both our companies into one so that we can extend our businesses and we will be able to gain more profits. Si Hyun has already agreed to this marriage."

Dad, I don't want to take over the company. I want to be a dancer!

Her mind would scream and yell out for her to come forth and confess her dream, but would stay closed.

"Yes, Father," Mi-Young softly agreed to her father before feeling her tiny beating muscle shivering into a million pieces.

"Good. Now, I've given Yumi an important responsibility for the next month. She is to take care of you and find you a dress for the engagement party. She will also be taking care of your skin, hair, and makeup. Make sure you run to her salon soon so you two can get some ideas in for what to wear and make yourself presentable by then. Do not embarrass me Mi-Young," her father let out sternly before walking out of the door, followed by Mrs. Song.

When the front door clicked shut, Mi-Young's legs gave up on her as she fell right onto the ground.

"Miss!" Mrs. Yoon, the housekeeper, hastily rushed to Mi-Young's aid.

"Are you alright Miss Mi-Young?"

Mi-Young was trembling, not in fear, but with anger. Her anger not directed towards her father or mother, but at herself. She was shaking with anger that she couldn't voice to her parents her true dreams. What she had always wanted to do.

And now after four years of just doing dance covers and never truly taking any dance lesson, her dreams were crushed.

Mrs. Yoon grabbed hold of Mi-Young's arm and help the poor shaking girl up.

"Should I help you to your room Miss?"

"Thank you, Mrs. Yoon, but I can manage from here," Mi-Young softly answers the elderly women before bowing to her and slowly dragging her feet up the stairs and into her room. She closed the door shut before finally walking over to her bed. She sat on the edge of her bed and took out her phone. She plugged in her headphone and her music to help ease her.

BTS and their music, Jung Hoseok...

They all had always cheered her up no matter how upset she was.

But this time, instead of feeling blissful, all she felt was a pain deep inside her heart. Pain and the real reality of her dreams that will never come true. She took out her headphones from each ear, before finally letting the built up tears fall down her cheeks. She let her sobs be heard as she painfully cries her broken heart out into her palms.

How was she going to make her dream come true now?

**********

Song Mi-Young

When I had finally calmed down from my mental breakdown, I finally got out of bed and decided to shower and fulfill my father's wish. After I had taken a shower and covered my swollen red eyes with makeup, I left the house and went to Yumi's Beauty Salon.

I pull up in front of Yumi's store and parked my car. I checked myself out first in the mirror to make sure Yumi wouldn't suspect anything before finally getting out of the car and making my way inside.

"I'm here," I announced as soon as I enter through the door, only to be greeted by silence. Yumi was nowhere to be seen.

"Yumi. Kang Yumi!" I called out through the store. Not a person was in sight nor was there any customer, which I found to be quite odd as the salon was usually booked with clients.

Finally, the door to the backroom opens up and Yumi exits the room along with a chubby man dressed in a nice and clean suit. He oddly looked familiar, but I couldn't see his face clear enough before he's turned his back to me.

"Thank you so much for the offer, Mr. Bang. I'll read through the contract and give you a reply to your proposal as soon as I can," Yumi spoke to the male. He put out his hand waiting for a handshake and Yumi grabs hold firmly before they shook once and broke apart.

My ears perked at the conversation that my friend was having. She must have struck a deal with this man and a small smile made its way onto my lips. I couldn't help but be happy for her, who was able to live out her dream unlike me, who was soon to be wedded to a man I don't even love.

Well, I do love him, just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter