2.0

As I Am, So You Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yerim stared back at Sehun in silence. What was she supposed to say, that her family is actually out of money and wouldn’t be able to give them a cent? Or should she go ahead and let them make the ransom call and wait for them to inevitably chop her up and feed her to their demon dogs when the money doesn’t come? Either way she was screwed. 

 

Before she could formulate an answer, Sehun nodded to someone who she suspected was behind her and said, “Show her to her room.” Suddenly she was being stood up and walked through a door that she hadn’t even seen. After a flight of stairs, it seemed as if they had entered a house. Yerim’s mind was absolutely reeling. 

 

Before she could process anything, they pushed her into a bedroom, and closed the door behind her. She heard a faint “good night” before the door closed. She surveyed the room very carefully, expecting something or someone to jump out from around a corner. Once she confirmed that she was in fact alone, Yerim laid down on the bed, feeling the weight of everything settling over her, exhausting her. It was odd to sleep under the current circumstances, but it took her quickly. 

 

“Oh she’s pretty he wasn’t lying.” 

 

“I told you!”

 

The girl awoke to the sound of whispers. She stiffened immediately. 

 

“Look you woke her up! I knew you were talking too loud!”

 

Yerim opened her eyes and sat up in one swift motion, suspiciously eyeing the two girls watching her sheepishly. “Who are you and what do you want?”

 

The girls shared a look of question between one another. One of the girls stuck out her hand to shake, which Yerim looked at with distrust. “I’m Seulgi, Kang Seulgi.” The other girl knocked Seulgi’s hand away. 

 

“Sorry for waking you. I’m Bae Joohyun. You saw Sehun yesterday, I apologize on my brother’s behalf.” 

 

“Could you all please leave?” Yerim had no intention of conversing with these two girls and couldn’t comprehend why they were being so friendly with her. The one girl who oddly reminded her of a stuffed bear smiled and waved goodbye to her. “Talk to you later … maybe.” Joohyun pulled her friend along. Yerim watched them go, wondering what felt so familiar about them. She shook her head, she was clearly still out of it. 

 

The blonde stood up fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter