Maybe

BTS drabbles collection

                                                                    

 

"Are you planning on ignoring me for the rest of your life?" Taehyung's deep, low and slightly threatening voice echoed from behind the door of your room. 

 

You were jolted out of your bed at the sound of his voice, not expecting to hear from him tonight or any other night for that matter. Taehyung wasn't supposed to be at your place and was definitely not supposed to wait for you to come out and face him. You cursed at your roommate under your breath for letting Taehyung in, there was no other explanation to his presence.

 

"Y/N." And you swore his voice got a tad deeper, sending shivers down your spine. "Open the damn door."

 

A part of you wanted nothing more than open the door and hug him but the more reasonable one refused to face him because you knew all too well that once you'd see his face you wouldn't be able to control yourself and your feelings. No, you couldn't open the door for your own sake, instead, you stared at it, your hand on your chest, you could feel your heart clenching in pain and longing. Oh how you wished you could take back your words, you wished you could forget that dreadful night.

 

You couldn't remember anymore why you had finally snapped at him when you managed to keep your feelings at bay for so long. You couldn't remember anymore why you started crying at his shocked face. But what you certainly remembered was how he left. If only he had left alone, you wouldn't have felt so betrayed and so heartbroken.

 

"Y/N. You can't ignore me forever unless you're planning not to see me ever again." Taehyung added and you could easily imagine him leaning against your door, his forehead pressed against it. "Talk to me." 

 

You were so tempted to give in. So so tempted. But then the clench in your chest reminded you that it wouldn't be wise of you. Despite refusing to open the door, you had your hand hovering over the knob and then just like Taehyung, you pressed your head against the door with your eyes closed. 'Why are you here' you wanted to ask but your voice got completely stuck in your throat. 

 

"You're behind the door, aren't you?" He chuckled humorlessly and it bothered you how well Taehyung knew you.  

 

"Fine." He started again. "If you don't want to face me, can you at least say something?"

 

You applauded his perseverance, another in his place would have long given up which, no matter how bad you felt, ignited some crazy hope inside you that maybe he did care about you. 

 

"Why are you here, Taehyung?" You finally managed to say, your voice terribly low and that you barely recognized.

 

But Taehyung heard you. Just like he heard that you called him 'Taehyung' instead of 'Tae' and it wrenched his heart. It wasn't supposed to be like that. This conversation, he had played it hundreds of times in his head for the past week and now that he had finally found the courage to face you, you were being distant -and a part of him understood but it didn't make it any easier. 

 

"Because I miss you." Taehyung admitted 

 

"Do you now?" You almost scoffed at him but bit down on your lips to prevent any unpleasant remark to leave your mouth.

 

But once again, Taehyung knew you and he understood what you actually meant with your question. He knew that he should have never left with the girl that he couldn't even remember the name anymore when he was supposed to be with you. 

 

"I know you're angry. And I know you're sad. But please don't be." Taehyung pleaded because he imagined exactly how you looked -a messy bun, red and swollen eyes, wearing one of your oversized t-shirt along with a pair of black shorts. "The moment I got outside of Namjoon's place, I- I went back, realizing how stupid of me it was to leave you alone. But you were already gone."

 

"Namjoon punched some senses in my thick head. I'm slow, you know that. I think my brain refused to accept that you had, no, you have feelings for me and I'm sorry I acted so stupid." 

 

Your hand grabbed the knob, tightening your grip as Taehyung talked. You didn't think of what actually happened after you left, probably because it seemed so obvious. But you were wrong and you realized it now.

 

"I shouldn't have waited a whole week to see you but I didn't know how to face you. I didn't want to make it worse because you deserve the best." 

 

"Tae…" You whispered

 

"Yes?"

 

"I love you." You couldn't stop the words leaving your mouth and you couldn't control the sob that followed them. You hated how desperate you sounded and you hated crying because despite Taehyung not being able to see your face he could still hear you cry and you hated it.

 

"Y/N…please, don't cry." And he sounded just as heartbroken as you were.

 

"Just leave, ok? I promise I'll call you when I'm ready."

 

"Y/N…"

 

"Please."

 

 

When you finally opened the door, your flat was terribly quiet. No sign of your roommate or Taehyung and you almost wondered if in your delirious state you had imagined all of that. Did Taehyung really come to your place and begged for a chance? You would have scoffed at your silliness if it wasn't for a bouquet of flowers laying on the floor just before your door. A bouquet of red camellias. You couldn't believe your eyes. Your body reacted on its own as you dropped on your knees and gently took the bouquet. Taehyung knew your love for flowers and he knew that for the past year you studied the meaning of flowers just for a hobby. You believed that his choice of flowers weren't innocent and that he understood their significance just as you did. 

 

Red Camellia meant desire and passion.

 

Do you really mean it, Tae? 

 

A note was stuck around one camellia and you took it.

 

"I'm a slow learner and I'm a bit oblivious to things in general. But give me a chance? Give me a chance to show you that I care. I care for you and I want to be with you too."