Sway.

Silent one

After the recent attack, Tagon assigned YangCha to be Tanya's personal guard. He felt uneasy, knowing she'll be around him 24/7. Worse, she might strike a conversation with him through his thoughts. Without a choice, he carried out his role. He avoids her at all cost whenever she's about to speak a word. He stood outside her door most of the time. Another reason he did that was he couldnt stand seeing Saya coming to her everyday without fail. "YangCha!" He heard her shout and rushed through the doors. "Gotcha! Hey wait!" He kept his cool and was about to exit but her call stopped him once again. He cant seem to ignore her voice. He likes it when she calls his name. 

"Hmm.... Is it true that i have to place my hand on Saya's whenever i'm out on the streets? I dont see you offering me yours. Im curious. Saya told me its a ethical gestures in Arthdal. But i feel people's discomfort. I, myself cant stand it too. Its so unnatural, dont you think so?" He's surprised at her questions. She did not give him a chance to reply. "Oh, i forgot, you cannot reply me. Why are you being punished? Did you fail a mission? Do you know long term coverage will cause skin rotting?" He was smirking at her innocense and child-like. "At least nod or shake your head. I saw you do that with Tagon and the rest..." Tanya waited. "Im already looking like an idiot talking to myself...." 'There is no such rule in Arthdal that one has to hold your hands in public.' He replied and she smiled. Her eyes sparkled when she heard his voice. 

"Ive been told this is not a customary move. So stop it. I knew from the start you are fooling with me. Its really discomfort. How can you say its not?" Tanya casually told Saya off when he took her hands in his as usual. YangCha walked behind them, watched their every moves, heard their conversations. He smiled beneath his mask. The girl does things her way, say things her way. She's a chatter box. Of her ten sentences, she forced him to reply at least one. Over the months, he got to know her deeper. She truely cares for people around her. She still hates him for killing unnecessarily. Most of the times she stopped him from going to a mission when Daekan warriors came to him. Her stare, her frown, he took all her reactions with him. He went, even so. She ignored him a few days whenever he kills people. Yet she clensed those revengeful spirits who followed him back.

----------

"Its me, Tanya! You'll cry a waterfall if i am dead!!!!!" She exclaimed when she felt the ice cold blade of his sword at . YangCha almost slit her breathing pipe off when he felt an unknown touch on his forehead. He'd almost killed her. However at times like this, she could still joke. She was not afraid of him, or anyone. She's does not care what people say, especially when a Niruha is present in a daekan's room." BeakRyangPong told me you were unwell. He came to replace your responsibility. What happen? And i thought you are not human. Why are you sick? By the way. I have been wanting to say this... You look much more charming with the mask. So be well soon and come back to me..." Her words gave him energy. Tanya did not leave just yet. She stayed behind to see him rest. She ate with him, she ushered him back to bed, she moves around his room freely like she's a regular visitor. YangCha's eyes widened when the door closed. "Get well soon YangCha..." Tanya whispered. Her breath very close to his skin. It was then he felt it. Her lips on his cheeks. He dare not move an inch. He dare not open his eyes. His heart pumped fast. His fingers touched where her lips was seconds ago. 

"Again? Go. Get out of my sight. Remember to return alive in one full piece." Tanya's words he heard clearly. He has been tasked to complete a mission within the Ago tribe. He let out a comforting grin at her worryness on him. 'I'll see you soon..' He made sure she heard that. Months went pass, she's always on his mind. He dreams of her before the sun rises. News reached his ears. There was a riot back in the city. YangCha had wanted to rush back, to ensure her safety. As soon as their mission ceased with victory, he took off at his fastest speed. Tanya looked out of the clear sky, thinking of her silent guard, wondering if he's alright. Her room's door bashed open. There he stood, panting, covered in stains of red. "YangCha!?" At that moment, she thought he's injured. But his tight hug thrown all those away. She froze on the spot at his sudden affection. He released his mask, it dropped to the floor. Cupping her face in his hands, he lowered his form. Their lips met. Tanya was taken aback. Her hands went to her lips. He brought the blockage down and went for her plum lips again. "I missed you..." YangCha spoke for the first time. He confessed. "You! Your voice?! You are talking!" Tanya disregarded their kiss when she heard his voice. 

Tanya amused him. "Thats it? Really? Seriously?" She watched him wear his mask again. Her arms went round his torso. "I missed you too... Promise me you'll always come back alive this way... I dont mind the ethical moves you made earlier on..." She hid her blush in his chest. YangCha was touched. He know this feeling between them are useless. Yet, he cant stop himself. The first think on his mind when he saw her was to have her in his arms. 

----------

It was announced. "My son, Saya will marry Tanya. This is unavoidable.", Tagon relay the news to all the tribal leaders. Tanya looked shocked. Saya smiled, he's been waiting for this day for the longest time. YangCha saw her expression. "Who i should marry, this will be decided by myself. I take no command regarding my next decendents. Everyone is equal. You are here, its does not mean you are here." She referred to their mightly status and to her heart. Her eyes met YangCha's. He looked away to not add on the problems. Back to her room, he waited outside. Saya stomped in and went bersek. YangCha's hand never left his sword, prepared to fend Saya off if he cross the line. "Why! I protected you all these while! I love you! Why!!!!!" Saya screamed. He was thrown off guard by her immediate rejection. "Saya.. I am thankful for what you have done for me. A lifetime of happiness cannot be taken so easily. My heart isnt with you, you know this better than me. You have to accept this..." He was not listening. He's fuming. "There's no one else here who is compatible to you! No one dares to marry you! No one dare to go against me!" Tanya sighed. "Status is not something i am looking at.... i can leave evrything behind, you cant. That's our differences." Saya had enough. He exited her room. "In the past, there was EunSeom... You captured my heart.. EunSeom... You erased him off.." She whispered. YangCha heard her clearly. 

----------

"Psst! YangCha...." He turned his head towards the familiar voice. Her head sticking out from the door. He waited for her next move. Tanya stepped out. His eyes widened. She was not dressed in her usual white gown. Instead, she's wearing her Wahan's clothing. Her hair not buned up. She looks like a teenager in those braids. Its refreshing to see her the way he first saw her back in Lark. "Let's sneak out today. Come on! Lets go!" She pulled him along with her. He allowed. Her fingers hooked his, his eyes kept glancing at their connection. He managed to bring her out of the city. Couple of times, she hid within his frame when the military troops stopped by. She let out a sly smile. She was having fun, its obvious. YangCha watched her ran across the huge padi field. She screamed to the top of her lungs, she gestured him to join her. Their intertwined hands not letting go of one another. None spoke a word as they lay on the grassland, enjoying the breeze caressing their faces. 

"I know... you will not fight for my love... I know you love Tagon more... One day, i'll move on... That fine day, you'll feel the pain..." Tanya shared as she faced him, wating to see his expression. YangCha captured her lips, not wanting to hear more. A chaste kiss turned deep. He seek entrance into her m*outh. Their t*ongues brushes each others, picking up the dance pace. They broke free when their breath runs out of air. "You're wrong. Tanya is way above Tagon...." Their gaze drilled thorugh their souls. Both know, the love they have could be short term. Tanya giggled and planted multiple pecks on his faces. The young duo spent the whole afternoon laying in each other's arms. 

---------- 

"Oi, YangCha. Dont think so highly of yourself. Tanya Niruha is only playing with you. Stop day dreaming." The daekan warriors made fun of them. Like the norm, he ignored them all. In his room, he can still smell her scent on him. He took his leave after she had fallen asleep on his shoulder. She's been learning to read and write, to understand Arthdal language. Her determination proves him wrong that she's just a weak girl. She surprises him with her overwhelming strength again and again. Everything about her pumps his heart. Stealing kisses are her proud moves now. She managed to attack him by her ways. This sort of happiness, its the first time he ever felt it. He wished he could hold onto this moment forever. 

----------

Saya glared at him when everyone gathered at the hall. Everyone was looking at him. He gave no reaction to all. "YangCha, step up. Asa clan has come to a decision on Tanya's marriage. In their view, you are the chosen one to be her husband. As a daekan warrior, i have given them my word that you will remain as one of us til you see fit. Your protection to their high priest gained recognition. Now, state your answer. Like Tanya had said, everyone have the right to make their own decision..." YangCha looked at Tanya. She gave him the signal. Now its all up to him. 

"Oh look, the lucky mute bastard is going to be the YangCha niruha! What sort of rubbish is this?" Daekan warriors sneered at him as he walked pass. He had took up the offer. He care less about what others said. His concern was Tanya. His heart ached by the thoughts of her being with someone. She belongs to him. They are meant to be together. He agreed to be her husband. He's glad she allowed him to serve Tagon as usual. "Hey, do you need big brothers here to teach you how to make a woman feel good?" The gang laughed. YangCha frowned, not liking a single bit of them digging a joke at Tanya.