001

Once Upon An Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

001

 

 

Author's POV

 

*3 years later*

 

It was a busy day in the city. Everyone was excited for spring. It was the same for Jiyeon. She was rushing to an appointment with a client. But somehow it was fun running through the beautiful cherry blossoms and flowers blooming. She's now working as an event planner for more than a year after series of unsuitable jobs. She finally arrived in front of a mall where her client was waiting. She met the client at a big space inside of the mall where the event will take place.

 

"I'll leave it to you then, Miss Jiyeon." The client told once their session finished.

 

"Alright. Rest assured, I'll do my best to make this event a success." Jiyeon assured.

 

"Of course. You have a strong past events profile. Anyways, before you leave feel free to take a tour around our department store. There's spring sales going."

 

"Oh I would love to! Thank you."

 

They then greeted each other before parting ways. Jiyeon made her way to the department store as her client suggested. She roamed around the place and wowed in amazement every time she saw beautiful things that attracted her attention. She stopped at a handbag section. Her eyes shined and she smiled at a sight of a finely designed bag.

 

"This one is on 30% discount, Miss." The sales assistant there pointed at the bag Jiyeon was staring at.

 

"Can I take a look first?"

 

"Sure Miss."

 

The sales assistant handed the handbag to Jiyeon. She was staring at the bag so earnestly. She grabbed the price tag and checked the price. She almost gasped in shock to see the amount that is half of her monthly salary. Event after discounted, it was still pricey. So much for just a bag. Jiyeon thought. Meanwhile, when Jiyeon was checking the bag, a guy walked past the section but he halted his steps. From the edge of his eyes, he could see someone he knew. He turned his head around. He was right, it's really someone he knew. He kept staring at the girl until she finally lifted up her face.

 

"Maybe next time." Jiyeon told the sales assistant as she handed the bag.

 

"Alright miss. Please come again."

 

"Thank you."

 

Jiyeon smiled at her and turned around to leave. However, right at that moment, her eyes met someone else's. She could feel he heart began beating faster at the sight of him. She quickly looked away, pretending to not see him. She took fast steps and left at the corner, almost running. But she suddenly stopped.

 

Why did I run? She asked herself.

 

She looked in front and saw the guy appeared, slightly running. He stopped in the middle of the space and his eyes wandered around. Jiyeon took a deep breath. She nervously approached him.

 

"Sehun." She called.

 

He turned to the side and saw her. He was smiling, "Jiyeon. Why did you make me run after you?"

 

She didn't understand. Why did this guy smile? Why did he pretend like we're good? We both know how ugly I ended things with him.

 

"Why are you looking so tense?" He said, still smiling.

 

"Why did you come after me?" Jiyeon answered with a question.

 

"I wanted to see you again, so I'm happy that we met." Sehun answered without any hesitation.

 

"But I hurt you, remember?" Jiyeon replied with a stern expression, but she couldn't hide her nervousness when Sehun took a step closer.

 

"I regret letting you go and did nothing back then. I won't miss my chance now." Once he said that, Sehun grabbed Jiyeon's hand and held it, "I still love you."

 

For a few seconds, Jiyeon was frozen from the chills she felt when she heard his words, "But I don't love you. And I never did." With that cold answer, Jiyeon pulled away her hand, turned around, and just left.

 

A soft smirk formed on Sehun's face. His eyes followed Jiyeon until she completely disappeared. He went inside the boutique Jiyeon was at. The workers politely greeted him. He asked them to bring the bag Jiyeon saw just now and paid for it, "Please wrap it nicely."

 

"Alright sir."

 

"Kijung," He called someone who appeared to be his assistant, "Find out where Jiyeon works and send this to her.'

 

"That's easy sir. On my way!"

 

------------------------------

 

With coffee cup on her left hand and handphone on her right hand, Jiyeon rushed to her office room that morning. But the receptionist stopped her before she could go.

 

"Miss Jiyeon, there's package for you."

 

"Oh? I don't remember buying anything." Jiyeon confusedly approached the counter.

 

"It looks like a gift." The receptionist wriggled her brows.

 

Jiyeon frowned, "You know I'm not into cheesy stuff like that. Thank you anyways. Gotta go."

 

Jiyeon took the gift box and rushed to her room. She placed the sleek black box on her table and stared at it long. Only after a few minutes she decided to just open it. She pulled the ribbon and took off the cover. Her eyes almost cried in happy tears to see the expensive designer handbag from the other day. It was only seconds before she realized something.

 

"Who sent me this?" Fortunately, she noticed a small card underneath when she lifted up the bag.

 

You can break my heart a million time,

and I'll still love you.

 

She didn't need to read it one more time to know who wrote that. It was Sehun. She took a deep breath as she put the card and the bag back into the box and covered it. She rested her back on the chair and looked at the ceiling. She remembered their unexpected meeting yesterday. Jiyeon sighed, recalling the smile Sehun had on his face. It somehow bothered her, the way Sehun acted like nothing bad happened between them before. They both know the reality of their relationship. She hurt him, in the most painful way possible.

 

"He should despise me, like I despise my ex. But why..." Jiyeon muttered as she looked at the card. She turned it around and noticed it was actually a business card. Sehun's details were there.

 

Oh Sehun

Chief Marketing Officer

X Mall

+82 12 2242 4121

 

Jiyeon heaved out a heavy breath to read the details there. He was the Marketing Director of the mall where her latest event took place. So visiting the mall for work after this would increase the possibility of meeting him. She really didn't want to. She wished that everything could just remain in the past, buried deep down without a chance of seeing the light again. But seeing how he just delivered the gift, Jiyeon knew she couldn't escape the fact that Sehun was coming back. She had to deal with it somehow.

 

"It's okay. I'll just give this back to him and make it clear to him that I'm not interested. Whatever he does, nothing will change. He will just remain as my past."

 

---

 

Jiyeon was at the mall with her team to complete the event setup. She wandered around the place to supervise and help the team. Being there since morning and now already past lunch time, her stomach grumbled begging for food.

 

I'll eat near office later. Can't risk meeting Sehun here.

 

She took out her phone to check the time, but someone suddenly appeared next to her. Surprised, she accidentally dropped the phone. That someone bent down and grabbed it for her.

 

"I'm sorry. Did I surprise you?" The voice entered her ears and somehow it gave her the chills.

 

"Why are you here?" She asked, acting indifferent.

 

"Pretty sure you've seen my card. I worked here." Sehun answered with a smile, a smile that bothered Jiyeon so much.

 

She stayed silent for a while before she decided to talk, "I know. Can you come with me?"

 

"I'd go anywhere with you."

 

Sweet talker. Dangerous.

 

She convinced herself to not fall for such words. That way she managed to avoid getting her heart broken all these years. And she could still do it. She led Sehun to the mall's basement parking lot. He obediently tailed behind until they arrived at Jiyeon's car.

 

"Are we going somewhere?" Sehun excitedly asked.

 

"No." Jiyeon answered with a glare. She opened her car door and took out a box, "Take this back. I don't need anything from you."

 

Jiyeon shoved the gift box into Sehun's arms. He looked at it and instantly knew it was the handbag. Sehun opened the car door and put the box back inside before Jiyeon could lock it, "It's for you. You don't have to do such thing to show how much you hate me."

 

"Please Sehun. Whatever you do, I won't love you. Things won't change just because you want it to." This time Jiyeon sounded almost begging.

 

"And whatever you do, I won't stop loving you. Same things applied. This feeling won't change just because you want it to." Sehun moved closer as he talked.

 

Jiyeon's back met the car. A dead end. Sehun placed both his hands on her sides. He leaned closer until their faces were only an inch apart. She shut her eyes tight and Sehun just smirked at her expression. He didn't proceed. Instead, he just grabbed Jiyeon's shoulde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter