Prologue

Once Upon An Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

PROLOGUE

 

 

Author’s POV

            The sun was peeking through the window that fine morning. The alarm sound was filling the air. Slender fingers d around the pillow in search for the source of sound. Once they reached a phone, where the sound came from, it finally stopped. The person beneath the blanket were moving around slowly before her eyes finally stirred open. They were staring straight towards the ceiling. The girl slowly got her back off the bed and sat on the bedside. This time, he eyes were blankly staring outside the window but they started getting teary.

 

“Why did you do this to me… I really love you…”

 

The tears began running down her cheeks, but she didn’t care to wipe them away and just let them be. Her heart felt the pain that she let resided in there. When she finally stopped sobbing, the girl weakly made her way to the bathroom. A few minutes passed before she came out wearing only a piece of towel. She pushed open the wardrobe and took out a sand-colored chiffon blouse and a pair of black jeggings. She put on some makeups enough to cover her red eyes and gave her a fresh look. Her long wavy brown hair was let loose, so her face was not too exposed. After putting on a pair of black platform sandals, she finally left the house.

Her destination was the university she was attending as it was her first day of a new term. It was already her third year and final term. One more semester left until she graduates and fully entered the adult world. But that was less of her concern right now. She was currently emotionally tortured thinking about a relationship that ended just a few weeks back before the new term started. Her ex-boyfriend, which was also her one-year senior who had graduated last year and is now working, just dumped her for the most ridiculous reason. She was ready to forgive him propose to reconcile but he shut her off, completely. She was in the dark, crying her eyes alone all night.

With heavy heart, she stepped into the academic hall for the very first class of the semester. She walked past a group of guys sitting at the most back and walked down the stairs towards a row where there was no one. Yes, she was a bit of a loner. She was labeled as haughty, so other students just naturally avoided her, although she was just a bit shy with strangers. She didn’t care though. It was not long until the university life ended and she’s free to go.

 

Meanwhile, three guys at the back just now were staring at her until she took her seat.

 

“Kai, who’s that?” A guy particularly couldn’t take his eyes off her.

 

“Why Sehun? Don’t tell me…” Another guy couldn’t finish his words.

 

“She’s beautiful. I think I love her.” Sehun answered, eyes still on the girl.

 

“What?! So suddenly?”

 

“That’s Park Jiyeon. I’ve seen her a few times with our senior last year. She must be his girlfriend.” His another friend finally gave him the answer.

 

“I see. I’ll try unloving her then, since she’s someone else’s.” Sehun said with a straight serious face.

 

His friend Kai just shook his head to hear his friend’s answer. Sehun may appeared to be fierce to others due to his always serious expression. People dubbed him as ‘cool’ because  of his image. He was tall, handsome, and y as some may say. He looked exactly like a prince coming out from a book. He held an image of a senior every college student wished they had. But the truth is, he was the most innocent friend, and a very kind-hearted one. Many would think he was a playboy with that kind of face, but he’s been single since birth. Mostly because he was confused all the time when the girls surrounded him. He just thought they were noisy and aggressive. When someone confessed, he just thanked her with a smile. Therefore, it was shocking to his friends that he finally said he loves someone.

 

On the other side, Jiyeon took out her notebook and reference book once the lecturer walked in. She obviously didn’t focus on the lecture though. Something else was playing in her mind. Tears began filling her eyes again as the memory of her getting dumped kept replaying itself.

 

“Let’s break up. I think I fell out of love.”

 

“W—what? Oppa… why so suddenly? You can’t do this to me!”

 

“I said I fell out of love. I was too busy with work to care about you.”

 

“Liar! You were always on social media. You were always playing games with your friends. What busy? You’re just looking for excuse to leave me, right?”

 

“Yes… I just—I don’t love you anymore. I’m sorry Jiyeon.”

 

“As simple as that? Seriously?! I love you! I love you with all my heart. You promised me a lot of thing. I gave you everything. But now… you… simply said that you… don’t love me anymore?”

 

The guy didn’t care. He just didn’t care although the girl in front of him was crying her heart out. He didn’t care that she looked so vulnerable. He didn’t care what will happen to that girl. He had served the purpose of coming. He just wanted to cut her off his life. He just turned his back and walked away. No matter how much she begged him, he never looked back even once.

 

Before Jiyeon knew, countless of teardrops had already wetted her book. She sobbed as silently as she could. Her palm was red from clenching her pen upon recalling the painful memory. She was grateful when the lecturer concluded the session. She quickly grabbed her book and other stuffs before rushing her way to the door upstairs. As she walked past the three guys again, she caught Sehun’s attention again. He saw her eyes. He saw her tears. He saw the painful expression. The guy abruptly stood up from his seat and ran after Jiyeon, completely ignoring his friends.

 

“Miss, are you okay?” Sehun asked once he caught up to Jiyeon’s pace.

 

Jiyeon slightly tilted up her head only to lock eyes with an unknown guy standing next to her, “I’m fine.” She answered while attempting to leave.

 

Sehun suddenly grabbed her wrist and heaved her into his embrace. His other hand was caressing her head, “Everything’s gonna be okay. Please don’t cry.”

 

Jiyeon pulled away in a split second, surprised, “What are you? I don’t know you. Don’t come closer.” With that, Jiyeon ran away until Sehun couldn’t see her anymore.

 

“Why does she look so sad?” Sehun asked himself.

 

“Yah Oh Sehun! Where the hell are you?” His friend Kai finally approached.

 

“Jiyeon, she’s crying. Maybe they broke up?”

 

“Are you seriously falling for her? That easy?” Kai curiously asked.

 

“Why would I joke about this?”

 

“Then go for it! I’ll have your back!”

 

------------------------------------

 

Jiyeon was sitting alone at the café during a break. She wasn’t eating. She was just staring at her phone, reading her old conversation with her ex-boyfriend. Her eyes were tearing up again, but she held it in. That has been her everyday routine, crying. She was patiently waiting for her heart to get numbed of the painful feeling. She knew she could, but she didn’t know when she will stop feeling that way.

 

“Hi Jiyeon.”

 

She gasped at the sudden greeting. She looked at the guy in front of her and noticed him from the other day, “How do you even know my name?” She asked, curious.

 

“I'm Sehun. I fell in love with you at first sight.” Sehun answered.

 

“I fell for you the moment I first saw you.” Jiyeon recalled the words her ex told her when he was courting her.

 

“I’m not interested.” Jiyeon forced her voice out as she was holding herself from tearing up again. She was ready to leave when he talked.

 

“I know this might sound stupid, but I think you’re my true love.” Sehun kept talking.

 

This time she didn’t answer him. She looked straight at him, right into his eyes. He reminded her a lot of her ex. Tall, handsome, and a sweet talker. The type of guy that girls were head over heels for. She knew guys like him. She won’t be deceived again, not anymore. She fell for those sweet words back then. He offered her warmth. He came to her whenever she was alone. But now he was the reason she was alone. He was the source of coldness she felt. Seeing this unknown guy in front of her, something grew inside her. She felt hatred. She admitted that the guy was too perfect to pay attention to someone like her, making it illogical that he fell for her like he claimed.

 

“Are you playing games with your friend? Did they dare you to make me fall for you?” She asked, rather hatefully.

 

“What games? I’m not a gamer boy.” He answered.

 

Playing dumb. Jiyeon thought, “Whatever.”

 

“Do you want to come to the movie with me tomorrow?”

 

“Fine.” She briefly answered.

 

“Text me your address.” Sehun pulled Jiyeon’s notebook and wrote something that appeared to be his phone number, “See you.” He then stood up, shot a smile, then left.

 

“Weird.”

 

---

 

Little did Jiyeon knew, she was getting weird too. She actually texted Sehun her address although at first she didn’t have any intention of actually going with him. Somehow she could imagine Sehun's excited tone through his text replies.

 

I'll give him a week. He'll eventually got bored of me and left.

 

It's been a while since she dressed up to go out. She only left the house for col

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter